Newcastle Travel Answers

change location
craic's Profile Photo

Airport

by craic Online Now Mar 7, 2013 at 3:55 AM

I was thinking of flying from Newcastle back to Melbourne in April. But now I find Newcastle Airport is in Port Stephens. I can't find out the best way to get to the airport from the centre of the city. Is there a designated shuttle bus? There are buses on the airport website but there seem very infrequent. They do say it takes 25 minutes to drive there.
Has anyone got any helpful info before I throw my hat over the windmill and book a flight.?

Quote & Answer
6 Answers
  • alza's Profile Photo

Re: Airport

by alza Online Now Mar 8, 2013 at 2:26 PM

Hi craic! I found Newcastle Airport site and got a big kick out of their Opening page! Putting the link for it below, too funny!
    Anyway, I followed instructions & found the coach transfers info, 2 links for details below. Seems there are 18 departures daily during the week, and 6 departures on weekends & holidays.
    Good luck, hope the links work (if not, I can message the info to you.) Have a good trip!

newcastleairport.com.au/page...

pscoaches.com.au/timetables/...

pscoaches.com.au/network-tim...

1 member found this helpful

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • alza's Profile Photo

by alza Online Now Mar 8, 2013 at 2:40 PM

Sorry, I also had a more recent link (27 August 2012) for pscoaches network, and forgot to replace older link with it. It's from updated link that I clicked on yellow tab "Timetables" and copy/pasted it above. Here it is:

http://www.pscoaches.com.au/

Be the first to rate this answer!

• craic's Profile Photo

by craic Online Now Mar 9, 2013 at 5:09 AM

hullo you! - thanks for going out of your way for me - and meeting that nice old lady on the way lol - the way it has turned out now the festival isn't going to give me accomodation so i will head back to sydney that night, stay with the husband because he is going to be up there, then head back to ,melbourne on the bus the nest day- looks like that might be the answer after all

• alza's Profile Photo

by alza Online Now Mar 9, 2013 at 11:06 AM

You're welcome. Led me to open a map of Australia to finally locate places... :) Newcastle sure is a long bus ride to Melbourne! but it's close to Sydney, and I sort of envied you for getting there so easily...
    Got a new scanner & want to replace a few old scans here with newly-scanned pics, hope I don't mess everything up. But it's taking me way too long... I prefer going out. Cheers!

• iandsmith's Profile Photo

by iandsmith Online Now Mar 11, 2013 at 3:11 PM

Hello, been a while since we last corresponded. There are plenty of buses leaving the airport to go to Newcastle and, while it's in the Port Stephens shire, it's not all that far away from Newy. Also, if you have a pensioners card and catch the right bus it will only cost you $2.50 for a public transport day pass; one of the perks of living in N.S.W.
    Cheers, Ian

• craic's Profile Photo

by craic Online Now Mar 12, 2013 at 8:12 AM

Hullo there! - Thanks for the help but the way it has worked out now I will catch the train to sydders and the bus to melbers - good for my nerves, having to fly kind of ruins the trip for me with dread - just the way it was before it just seemed better to screw up; my nerves and fly as there is a direct flight from newy to melbers - but now the husband is staying in sydney so that changed the game

Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines