Newark

change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• One hour layover enough in Newark?

by HillysHoney Online Now Dec 28, 2013 at 7:27 PM

I'm flying into terminal A and then out of terminal C for an international flight to Scotland. Is an hour and 8 minutes enough time, do you think? Would cost $300 to change to an earlier flight and I would have a five hour layover. What would YOU do?

27 Answers Dec 31, 2013 at 11:11 AM
    • Left luggage

by Stevieed Online Now Sep 1, 2013 at 5:56 AM

Is there a left luggage facility at newark airport

4 Answers Sep 1, 2013 at 10:36 AM
    • Airport transport links

by PRCarroll Online Now Aug 17, 2013 at 9:57 AM

Is there a link between Newark Airport and Atlantic Ave. LIRR Station?

1 Answer Aug 17, 2013 at 10:23 AM
    • store a large piece of luggage at Newark airport

by sueinhk Online Now Apr 27, 2013 at 7:13 PM

how much does it cost to store a large piece of luggage at Newark airport for 12 days?

3 Answers Apr 28, 2013 at 5:38 AM
    • Transport from Newark airport to Jersey City

by Ali64 Online Now Mar 20, 2013 at 3:27 PM

We have 8 people travelling from Newark airport to Jersey city, what is best way to transport everyone? I know the train/PATH are an option but may be too much hassle...thinking private car or taxi?

3 Answers Mar 21, 2013 at 1:16 PM
    • sleeping on newark airport?

by travellingrose Online Now Oct 26, 2010 at 4:12 PM

Flight due to arrive at 21.30 from London and have to collect baggage... then have to check in for Houston flight at 3.00am next morning. Getting a hotel doesn't seem worth it. Hope to be able to catch some sleep on airport but will be on pre.departure area, which looks to have little facilities.

Any advice on quieter spots/ comfy seats/ warm and no draughts... with a chance of a bit of shuteye? Any advice much appreciated.

5 Answers Oct 26, 2010 at 7:27 PM
    • gecor's Profile Photo

Loadging in Newark, but fun in Manhattan

by gecor Online Now May 10, 2010 at 9:22 AM

Hello.
      I'm attending a wedding in Plainfield, NJ.
      That's why I would like to be in a hotel close to that area, I want to have the option to go to Manhattan every day...
      A) Because hotels are cheaper in NJ areas
      B) Because of the wedding :D

My question is. What specific area do you recommend me to stay, so I can get a public transport to New York every day. If so, what kind of transport is a good option.
      My idea is to leave every morning to NY and come back to the the hotel at night.

Thanks for your response.

4 Answers May 12, 2010 at 9:43 AM
    • gilabrand's Profile Photo

Airport bus from Newark airport

by gilabrand Online Now Jan 5, 2010 at 4:49 AM

Has anyone used the airport bus at Newark airport to get to Manhattan? Was it easy to access, and how long a ride was it? Basically, I need to get to Larchmont (Westchester), but there don't seem to be many transportation options if I am not prepared to shell out100 or more on a private taxi. The other alternative suggested to me was taking the bus ($15) to Grand Central, and getting on the Metro North. Does anyone know of a reasonably priced shared van that could get me to Larchmont?

7 Answers Mar 12, 2010 at 10:12 AM
    • Bradox48's Profile Photo

I'm nervous, Never change plane before.

by Bradox48 Online Now Oct 3, 2009 at 7:22 PM

Hi all

Sure that question was already ask. Sorry for that and thank's for your help.

23 of January i buy ticket from BTV to FLL , change plane at Newark. 1:15 between the 2 fly.

Question: Do i have to take care of my laguage?
      Should i take care of my laguage?
      1:15 is it enough?
      Do they wait for us?
      Do i have to pass the security again?

Thank's for your help

12 Answers Oct 4, 2009 at 12:47 PM
    • Newark airport change of planes

by genebeans Online Now Jul 30, 2009 at 7:14 AM

I may be booking Alitalia arriving in Newark and then have roughly 2 hours to change planes to a Continental flight to get me homw. How difficult is it in Newark to change flight carriers as we will most likely have to bring our luggage to the new counter to connect-Thanks-Gene

2 Answers Jul 31, 2009 at 9:26 AM
    • EWR to New Haven, CT after 9:00 pm

by sdfrost Online Now Mar 23, 2009 at 10:52 PM

I'm flying in to EWR on April 01, arriving 8:30 pm. I was planning on taking the train up to New Haven, but as far as I can tell the last train leaves at 6:58 pm. Does anyone know of another way to get up to New Haven at that time of night, or am I the fool for travelling that late?

5 Answers Mar 24, 2009 at 7:26 PM
    • Travel time by car from New Haven to Newark Airport

by bill06405 Online Now Feb 10, 2009 at 8:23 AM

What time do you recommend I leave if I am driving by car from New Haven and must be at the airport by 7.30pm at the latest?

2 Answers Feb 10, 2009 at 12:34 PM
    • Newark to Newhaven (CT) by road

by patbuchan Online Now Jan 7, 2009 at 1:48 PM

I'd be very grateful if someone could give me help regarding the car journey from Newark to Newhaven. We will arrive from the UK and would prefer a scenic journey that isn't heavy with traffic, if that's possible. Driving on the opposite side of the road from our norm will be difficult enough.
      Thank you in advance for any guidance.

Pat B

7 Answers Sep 2, 2009 at 2:36 PM
    • Amtrak Station to Newark, Airport---ease of doing?

by ddschur Online Now Oct 3, 2008 at 6:42 AM

To all:

First, let me thank you in advance for any answers or comments on my question.

I will be traveling via Amtrak from Wilmington, DE to EWR to catch an international flight.

Amtrak has a connection in Northern New Jersey which they call the Newark Airport connection.

My questions are:

How easy is the connection to the connecting train to EWR?

How long to the terminals?

We will have several pieces of luggage...problem with space for luggage and/or help available?

I presume that getting to the international terminal shouldn't be more difficult to any of the other terminals...correct?

In general, I am basically wondering whether taking the train to EWR from Wilmington is easy and worth it?

Anyone adding some insights will be much appreciated!

Walt

1 Answer Oct 3, 2008 at 8:16 AM
    • Luggage storage?

by sabsi Online Now Sep 16, 2008 at 1:15 AM

Hi!

I thought somebody might have an idea for us here...

Here's our problem: We are going to the Caribbean in November via Newark and on the way back from there we are going to spend a few days in NYC. Which means we need summer clothes for the British Virgin Islands but we also need a winter coat for the days in New York. I am not too excited about the idea of taking my winter coat with me all the time because I am sure it won't fit into my bag and I am sure I will be stared at if I wear it on the way from the airport to the hotel in the USVI and especially on the ferry to the BVI.

Is there any luggage storage facility in Newark airport where I could leave the winter stuff for 10 days? Any other ideas?

Thanks for your help.
      Sabine

9 Answers Sep 17, 2008 at 9:02 AM
    • Hesus's Profile Photo

Portuguese neighborhood and restaurants

by Hesus Online Now Sep 13, 2008 at 12:56 PM

Hello everybody....I´m visiting Newark. I heard about the great Portuguese restaurants and stores in Newark. Can someone tell me where the Portuguese quarter is located? Thank you all.

3 Answers Sep 16, 2008 at 6:34 AM
    • anilsaxena's Profile Photo

going to New Haven from Newark LIberty airport

by anilsaxena Online Now Jun 7, 2008 at 6:48 AM

1. I (60) and my wife (57) will arrive Newark Liberty Intl. Airport at 04:45 AM on June 20. I presume that the immigration formalities and luggage pick-up will complete in one hour time (Correct me, if I am wrong). From Newark, we want to go to New Haven (CT). We will have ample luggage. Suggest most economical way.
      2. Do we get paid (or free) luggage trolleys at Newark airport.
      3. I am told that we will swarmed by so called luggage porters, who will insist that we avail their paid services to move around with our luggage with in the airport. Is it true. if yes, how to avoid them, as we are on a tight budget.

1 Answer Jun 7, 2008 at 8:47 AM
    • norman52's Profile Photo

Taxi from Newark Airport to Weehawken

by norman52 Online Now Apr 26, 2008 at 5:51 AM

We are arriving at Newark and we need to catch a taxi to the Sheraton Suites in Weehawken. Does anyone know if this is a fixed rate or is it a meter charge?
      Just flag a taxi down outside of baggage claim?

5 Answers Apr 26, 2008 at 1:11 PM
    • Layover Hotel

by sabsi Online Now Mar 2, 2008 at 2:14 AM

Hi!

We will have a 17 hour layover in Newark in November. As our plane leaves early in morning on the 2nd day we thought about spending one night in a hotel in Newark that night.

Does anybody have any recommendations? All we need is clean, cheapish and easy to reach.

Also I have read about Jersey Gardens Outlet mall. Considering that a) we will be tired when we arrive in Newark, b) we will have 4 nights in New York on the way back and c) I love outlet mall shopping, do you think we should stay near this mall and skip our planned first trip into NYC and leave it for the way back?

Another idea was that I would love to go to Ellis Island museum. Is there a shortcut from EWR to get there?

Our plan will land in EWR at 1355 and the next one will leave at 9:30 the next day. Coming from Germany we will have to queue at immigration.

I am thankful for every advise you can give me.
      Thanks,
      Sabine

8 Answers Dec 2, 2008 at 1:49 AM
    • newark airport

by sampaul1966 Online Now Feb 28, 2008 at 12:21 PM

Hi everyone,
      If i'm flying from terminal B on an international flight can i use a lounge in another terminal (A or C) & are the lounges after the security & passport check in ? Thanks

2 Answers Mar 1, 2008 at 2:53 AM
    • Copper04's Profile Photo

Outlet Malls Near Newark airport.

by Copper04 Online Now Feb 14, 2008 at 10:24 AM

Last year we flew into Newark for a trip to NY and spend two days at a hotel ajacent to Jersey Gardens Mall.
      Just wonder if anyone can suggest a similar Outlet Mall with a hotel within walking distance or with courtesy bus. I would be interested in one that did not require a car and that would have convienent Public transport access to New York. I note from Google earth there are a lot of outlet stores near Secaucus, New Jersey. has anyone any experience of staying in that area.
      is it reasonably sage. ?
      Ease of getting there from Newark Airport.?
      Getting into New York from Secaucus ot other suggest location.
      Best Shopping area for visitors on New jersey side.?
      any information or suggestions greatfully received.
      Thank You

2 Answers Feb 15, 2008 at 3:56 AM
    • Jersey City to NY Penn Station

by PAtraveler66 Online Now Jan 25, 2008 at 8:35 PM

I was going to post this in the Jersey City forum, but it doesn't look like many people visit that.

I was wondering if it was easy to use the PATH from jersey city to Penn station and if anyone knew how much it was. Will I have to transfer trains or is there one that goes straight from JC to NY Penn? Thanks

3 Answers Jan 27, 2008 at 10:16 AM
    • Where to stay in Newark for easy train access to Manhattan?

by superband Online Now Jan 13, 2008 at 4:31 PM

We are flying in to Newark (ERK) in April and are looking to stay somewhere close to the train into Manhattan. Any suggestions? We will NOT have a car.
      So, hotel shuttle from airport and maybe shuttle to train station???? Thanks!

2 Answers Feb 6, 2008 at 3:55 PM
    • langam's Profile Photo

how to look like a local

by langam Online Now Dec 25, 2007 at 2:24 AM

What is the style of the people in New Jersey? especially in newark?

2 Answers Dec 26, 2007 at 2:06 PM
    • taxi fare from Newark Airport to Union, NJ

by joegolden Online Now Dec 16, 2007 at 3:40 PM

What is the fare for a taxi from Newark Airport to Union, NJ?

2 Answers Dec 17, 2007 at 6:38 PM
    • Travelling to Newark from Milford/New Haven, Connecticut

by venbas Online Now Aug 30, 2007 at 8:17 AM

I need to travel from Milford/New Haven(CT) to Newark, NJ for next 2 months. I have ruled out Metro North trains since it takes 3 hours(and changing 4 trains) to get to Newark via NYC. The Amtrak/Acela options are not flexible from cost and importantly weekday timings perspective.

Would someone be able to give me good suggestions on getting to Newark by drive. Since I can take Route 15 for a good part without much traffic hassles, would it be good idea to get on to I-287 Tappan Zee bridge to Garden State Parkway onto Newark on weekdays. It would be helpful If I can get some tips on timing my travel, EZ passes etc...

5 Answers Aug 31, 2007 at 8:52 AM
    • Transportation from Newark Penn Station to Newark Airport

by Edwerd Online Now Aug 7, 2007 at 11:04 PM

How do you get public transportation from Newark Penn Station to Newark Airport and why is it so difficult to find such information on the internet?

2 Answers Aug 8, 2007 at 4:51 AM
    • How dangerous is Clinton Avenue?

by CharlestonSCguy Online Now Apr 20, 2007 at 11:20 AM

Please tell me how dangerous Clinton Avenue is.

• SFHulaGIrl's Profile Photo

Cab Fare

by SFHulaGIrl Online Now Mar 8, 2007 at 10:21 AM

How much would a cab cost from Penn Station in Newark to around 30th & Broadway in New York City?

2 Answers Mar 9, 2007 at 6:17 PM
    • Which sections of Newark are dangerous?

by CharlestonSCguy Online Now Jan 7, 2007 at 11:42 AM

I've heard that Newark, NJ is one of the toughest and one of the poorest cities in America. I apologize for anyone who might be offended by my comment. I would like to know which sections of Newark contain the most crime. Which sections of Newark are really dangrous?

5 Answers Feb 21, 2007 at 11:26 AM