Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• AnaLuiza's Profile Photo

Fishing Store in Auckland

Auckland Jan 30, 2015 at 9:24 PM

Hello,
      I will be in Auckland just for a day and am looking for a large fishing store for ocean fishing.
      Can somebody recomend one?
      Thanks in advance.

more
    • 13 days north Island itinerary

New Zealand Feb 1, 2015 at 12:56 PM

Hoping someone could advise if my planned itinerary is suitable.
      Day 1 - fly into Wellington, hire car and leave for Stratford.
      Day 2 - Mt Egmont/ Dawson Falls, Waitomo Caves en route to Auckland
      Days 3 & 4 - Auckland, Devonport and walks
      Days 5, 6, 7 - Bay of Islands
      Day 8 - Coromandel area
      Day 9 - Rotorua
      Days 10 & 11 - Taupo - Tongarrio National Park
      Day 12?
      Day 13 - Wellington

I realise we don't have a lot of time - we would like to do some short walks with views, waterfalls etc, but nothing that will take more than 3-4 hrs return.
      Any suggestions on the best route back from Taupo to Wellington? Stay?
      Thanks in advance - all suggestions will be taken on board.
      Leigh
      Any advice - do I have too long / not enough time in any areas

more
    • Auckland in one day

Auckland Feb 17, 2015 at 12:47 PM

Hello,

As part of our honeymoon in September we will have one day from 6 am to 9 pm in Auckland.

Please let me know what can we do in Auckland in one day - we want to do city tour in Auckland- and maybe a sailing to see the city from the ship. what exactly to see in Auckland in one day?

What kind of New Zealand food specialities to try?any recommendation for restaurant where NZ food can be tried - which is not that expensive?

Many thanks,
      Gabriella

more
    • GiadaG1's Profile Photo

Where to buy a car

New Zealand Feb 15, 2015 at 7:28 AM

Hi everybody!
      I'm Giada from Italy and I'm planing my trip to NZ. I wanted to ask you if you know if I can buy a car in Auckland and sell it again in Christchhurch. Then I would fly again to Auckland. In addition where is the best place where I can buy a car?
      Thanks for any advice!
      Giada

more
    • 6 days in South Island, 3 nights based in Te Anau, 3 nights based in Queenstown area?

Queenstown Feb 11, 2015 at 2:59 PM

This is our first time to South Island, but won't be the last, that's why we are taking it easy instead of trying to see EVERYTHING. Please comment if this plan makes sense, or, you would advice differently -
      Dec. 20 1:00pm, arrive at Queenstown airport pickup rental car to drive to Te Anau
      Dec. 21-22, taking tours from touring companies from Te Anau to explore surrounding areas including the Sounds
      Dec. 23 drive back to Queenstown area, stay 3nights in Queenstown area,
      Dec. 24-25 explore Queenstown, Arrowtown, Wanaka, Glenorchy
      Dec. 26 Depart 3:40pm from Queentown airport

We would appreciate your response and open to your suggestions.

Thank you.

more
    • One night in Auckland

Auckland Feb 22, 2015 at 10:15 PM

We're a group of friends (12 total) will be traveling to Australia and New Zealand (South Island), then on the way back will spend one day (arriving to Auckland airport at 10:30am) and one night in Auckland. Next morning at 9:30am we will depart back to US. Can anyone please recommend whether we should get a hotel in the airport or in a city center for this night, and what we can do/see during this short visit?
      Thank you in advance.

more
    • Transport from Airport Auckland to Tepuke

Auckland Feb 25, 2015 at 1:04 AM

would like to know how do i take transport from Auckland airport to tepuke?

more
    • Florie's Profile Photo

Teacher Traveling with small budget needs help from the forum~please~~

New Zealand Feb 23, 2015 at 10:52 PM

What is the cost of airfare to travel from New Zealand to Sydney? Or New Zealand to a costal Australian town that would be the least expensive? Which airline? I am flying from San Francisco and I am thinking of buying a one-way ticket to New Zealand. Hoping to Australia and from there to Indonesia. I was thinking to flying back from Australia so I would not have to go all the way back to New Zealand. Is it best to arrival/departure from New Zealand? If any of the forum members has completed a trip like I am planning and can share some tips - I will be soooo grateful. What is the best route? What island(s) do you recommend? ~~Thank you for your replays~~~~

more
    • Transport from Airport Auckland to Tepuke

Auckland Feb 25, 2015 at 1:04 AM

would like to know how do i take transport from Auckland airport to tepuke?

4 Answers Feb 25, 2015 at 2:16 AM
    • Florie's Profile Photo

Teacher Traveling with small budget needs help from the forum~please~~

New Zealand Feb 23, 2015 at 10:52 PM

What is the cost of airfare to travel from New Zealand to Sydney? Or New Zealand to a costal Australian town that would be the least expensive? Which airline? I am flying from San Francisco and I am thinking of buying a one-way ticket to New Zealand. Hoping to Australia and from there to Indonesia. I was thinking to flying back from Australia so I would not have to go all the way back to New Zealand. Is it best to arrival/departure from New Zealand? If any of the forum members has completed a trip like I am planning and can share some tips - I will be soooo grateful. What is the best route? What island(s) do you recommend? ~~Thank you for your replays~~~~

21 Answers Yesterday
    • One night in Auckland

Auckland Feb 22, 2015 at 10:15 PM

We're a group of friends (12 total) will be traveling to Australia and New Zealand (South Island), then on the way back will spend one day (arriving to Auckland airport at 10:30am) and one night in Auckland. Next morning at 9:30am we will depart back to US. Can anyone please recommend whether we should get a hotel in the airport or in a city center for this night, and what we can do/see during this short visit?
      Thank you in advance.

3 Answers Feb 23, 2015 at 8:24 PM
    • Auckland in one day

Auckland Feb 17, 2015 at 12:47 PM

Hello,

As part of our honeymoon in September we will have one day from 6 am to 9 pm in Auckland.

Please let me know what can we do in Auckland in one day - we want to do city tour in Auckland- and maybe a sailing to see the city from the ship. what exactly to see in Auckland in one day?

What kind of New Zealand food specialities to try?any recommendation for restaurant where NZ food can be tried - which is not that expensive?

Many thanks,
      Gabriella

4 Answers Feb 22, 2015 at 11:57 AM

Where to buy a car

New Zealand Feb 15, 2015 at 7:28 AM

Hi everybody!
      I'm Giada from Italy and I'm planing my trip to NZ. I wanted to ask you if you know if I can buy a car in Auckland and sell it again in Christchhurch. Then I would fly again to Auckland. In addition where is the best place where I can buy a car?
      Thanks for any advice!
      Giada

3 Answers Feb 16, 2015 at 1:23 AM
    • 6 days in South Island, 3 nights based in Te Anau, 3 nights based in Queenstown area?

Queenstown Feb 11, 2015 at 2:59 PM

This is our first time to South Island, but won't be the last, that's why we are taking it easy instead of trying to see EVERYTHING. Please comment if this plan makes sense, or, you would advice differently -
      Dec. 20 1:00pm, arrive at Queenstown airport pickup rental car to drive to Te Anau
      Dec. 21-22, taking tours from touring companies from Te Anau to explore surrounding areas including the Sounds
      Dec. 23 drive back to Queenstown area, stay 3nights in Queenstown area,
      Dec. 24-25 explore Queenstown, Arrowtown, Wanaka, Glenorchy
      Dec. 26 Depart 3:40pm from Queentown airport

We would appreciate your response and open to your suggestions.

Thank you.

2 Answers Feb 12, 2015 at 9:20 AM
    • 13 days north Island itinerary

New Zealand Feb 1, 2015 at 12:56 PM

Hoping someone could advise if my planned itinerary is suitable.
      Day 1 - fly into Wellington, hire car and leave for Stratford.
      Day 2 - Mt Egmont/ Dawson Falls, Waitomo Caves en route to Auckland
      Days 3 & 4 - Auckland, Devonport and walks
      Days 5, 6, 7 - Bay of Islands
      Day 8 - Coromandel area
      Day 9 - Rotorua
      Days 10 & 11 - Taupo - Tongarrio National Park
      Day 12?
      Day 13 - Wellington

I realise we don't have a lot of time - we would like to do some short walks with views, waterfalls etc, but nothing that will take more than 3-4 hrs return.
      Any suggestions on the best route back from Taupo to Wellington? Stay?
      Thanks in advance - all suggestions will be taken on board.
      Leigh
      Any advice - do I have too long / not enough time in any areas

3 Answers Feb 1, 2015 at 11:30 PM
    • AnaLuiza's Profile Photo

Fishing Store in Auckland

Auckland Jan 30, 2015 at 9:24 PM

Hello,
      I will be in Auckland just for a day and am looking for a large fishing store for ocean fishing.
      Can somebody recomend one?
      Thanks in advance.

2 Answers Jan 31, 2015 at 3:00 PM
    • jez25's Profile Photo

Data plan carrier

New Zealand Jan 25, 2015 at 12:20 PM

We want to purchase a sim card and data plan in New Zealand for our iPhone 5. We'll be driving thru NZ for three weeks,
      starting in March. Could you recommend the best carrier to deal with? We use AT&T in the United States.
      Thanks very much for your advice.

Jan Zechman

2 Answers Jan 25, 2015 at 1:12 PM
    • thrifty car rental Mt Manganui

New Zealand Jan 20, 2015 at 5:41 AM

Hi need to hire a car for 15 days collecting from Mt Manganui on a Sunday dropping back to Auckland Airport. Has anyone used Thrifty. Are they recommended.
      Many thanks, Denise

2 Answers Jan 20, 2015 at 4:48 PM
    • heydelin's Profile Photo

How to go to Moeraki from Dunedin

Moeraki Jan 17, 2015 at 1:57 AM

Hi,

I'd like to visit the boulders next week for my birthday. Just don't know the best way to go there without driving a car though. Is there a train going all the way to Moeraki boulders? Not quite sure if Dunedin railways only goes to Palmerston and Oumaru without stopping at Moeraki. Or should we get off Palmerston and find a way to go to Moeraki? Or is there any other way, by bus maybe? Appreciate your suggestions!

Thank you!

Haydee

2 Answers Jan 18, 2015 at 10:01 AM
    • Week Dec. 20-27 or Dec. 28- Jan. 2 for Queenstown

Queenstown Jan 14, 2015 at 8:23 PM

Which week is better in terms of crowd and sites closure during holidays? We are from USA, a couple at 50 & early 60 plan to stop over at Queenstown for 1 week and visit family in Melbourne Australia for another week.

3 Answers Jan 15, 2015 at 1:29 PM
    • Tent camping in March?

New Zealand Jan 11, 2015 at 4:18 PM

Hi all-- My husband and I will be in New Zealand for most of March-- most of our time on the South Island.  

My question is about transportation.  We're trying to decide how to get around-- trying to balance budget and comfortableness-- and would appreciate any advice. We are leaning towards renting a car, bringing a tent and camping when the weather is nice, staying in a hotel/hostel when the weather is not. But we know that the weather can be fickle, so we've also talked about getting a campervan. However, we like the possible flexibility of staying in a nice hotel when we'd like (its our honeymoon-- so some splurging is allowed)-- we'd have a harder time justifying that in a campervan. Which would you recommend?  Car/tent (hostel/hotel if neccessary) or campervan?   The second concern is whether we need to book in advance for camping or lodging in March, or would we be able to wing it? Thank you in advance for your advice!

3 Answers Jan 12, 2015 at 12:52 AM
    • taxi from airport?

Petone Jan 6, 2015 at 6:02 PM

Hello, could anyone tell me the approximate cost of a taxi from wellington international airport to Brittania Street Petone. thank you.

2 Answers Jan 6, 2015 at 7:37 PM
    • NicolaL8's Profile Photo

Anyone looking for shared travel via car - South Island NZ

New Zealand Jan 6, 2015 at 2:22 PM

Hi there, I'm a NZ local and still on Christmas holidays. Exploring as many places in the South Island as I can and wondering if there is anyone that wants to share fuel costs / needs a ride from place to place. 33yr female that loves photography and tramping/outdoors.Contact me if you would like to organize something :)

how to travel in Nz

New Zealand Jan 6, 2015 at 8:54 AM

Hi there!
      I have a question for you. Which one, do you think, is the best way to travel around NZ?
      I would like to buy a car, but don't know where and if i can sell it back again.
      Advice are welcome
      Thanks, Giada

6 Answers Jan 6, 2015 at 4:35 PM
    • Mnavarro's Profile Photo

Late flight into Christchurch and Coach Ride to Queenstown

Christchurch Jan 4, 2015 at 7:30 PM

My husband and I are getting into Christchurch from Melbourne at 11:40PM. Should we take a taxi to our hotel in downtown Christchurch and how much do we expect to pay? What hotel with 24-hour reception would you recommend near the bus/coach station to Queenstown.
      Also, we will be taking the Newmans Coach from Christchurch to Queenstown. Has anyone experienced taking the Newmans Coach from Christchurch to Queenstown? How comfortable is the ride and are there restroom stops on the way? What do you recommend we do to have a stressfree time on the coach for 8 hours.
      Thank you so much for your input.
      Marilou

9 Answers Jan 6, 2015 at 4:44 AM

Itinerary for 3 days in Dunedin

Dunedin Jan 2, 2015 at 10:13 PM

Hello! in about 3 weeks, me and my bf are flying to Dunedin and still have no hotel bookings and no itinerary yet. We are staying there for 4 days and 3 nights. Would appreciate any suggestions! Thank you in advance and happy new year!

Haydee

2 Answers Jan 3, 2015 at 1:36 PM
    • Mnavarro's Profile Photo

Late flight into Christchurch and Coach Ride to Queenstown

Christchurch Jan 2, 2015 at 3:21 PM

My husband and I are getting into Christchurch from Melbourne at 11:40PM. Should we take a taxi to our hotel in downtown Christchurch and how much do we expect to pay? What hotel with 24-hour reception would you recommend near the bus/coach station to Queenstown.

Also, we will be taking the Newmans Coach from Christchurch to Queenstown. Has anyone experienced taking the Newmans Coach from Christchurch to Queenstown? How comfortable is the ride and are there restroom stops on the way? What do you recommend we do to have a stressfree time on the coach for 8 hours.

Thank you so much for your input.

Marilou

• Emilios.'s Profile Photo

Though 8 or 85?

New Zealand Dec 25, 2014 at 7:33 AM

Hello lovely Kiwis,

We are considering visiting South NZ with my wife in June for 15 days. We are planning to take a one way tour from Christchurch to Queenstown by car and then come back by plane. From what I've read most suggest the Tekapo route. Would the roads be ok in June (ice)? We are thinking to go through Palmerston so we can spend a day in Oamaru to see the penguins and the seals. This route also seems more "greeny" (?). Should we take highway 8 through Tekapo or highway 85 through Palmerston?  Thank you.

8 Answers Jan 21, 2015 at 8:42 AM

2 days in Welly

Wellington Dec 23, 2014 at 7:14 PM

Hi, this weekend I am going to Wellington and spend 2 nights there (booked a $15 Auckland-Welly roundtrip via Manabus). Estimated time of arrival is around 8am - so I have 6 hours to spend around the city before I can finally check in YHA hostel. My places of interest would be:
      -Cable Car
      -Botanic Garden
      -Weta Cave
      -Te papa
      -Mt. Victoria
      -Cuba Street

For my first day I plan to visit Weta cave and Cable Car/Botanic Garden and then maybe have dinner at Cuba Street. Next day I plan to go to Mt. Victoria (free tour from YHA) and then Te papa.

Would love to hear if you have any suggestions on my planned activities!

Cheers,

Haydee

2 Answers Jan 2, 2015 at 4:41 PM
    • transport from twizel to mount cook national park

New Zealand Dec 22, 2014 at 8:19 PM

I will reach Twizel by naked bus at 12.20 on 5th March, 2015. What are the options to go to mount cook village other than the cook connectiion shuttle bus transport which departs at 12.30 (second and last trip for the day) from twizel which leaves hardly a 10 minute window to catch the shuttle after alighting from the bus. Are there any other local bus service from twizel other that taxis?

• raypang's Profile Photo

driving condition compared btw CHC to Lake Tekapo & to Meoraki

Canterbury Dec 21, 2014 at 10:22 PM

I am planning to spend half day to rent a car then drive to Meoraki or Lake Tekapo in the afternoon. from google map distance to meoraki is longer but not sure whether driving faster and easier than driving to Tekapo. if I go to Meoraki, I will visit Tekapo later from Wanaka. otherwise, I will drive to Tekapo first then drive to Dunedin from Mt cook after tekapo. which route is better for a new left side driver?

1 Answer Dec 23, 2014 at 11:39 PM
    • currency exchange

New Zealand Dec 18, 2014 at 7:40 AM

Hi, can anyone advise. Traveling to New Zealand from the UK in February. Instead of changing sterling into NZ in the UK would it be better to do it in New Zealand at perhaps a bank or airport.
      Could anyone tell me what the current exchange rate to purchase NZ dollars with sterling is. Hard to find out whilst still in the UK.
      I find when I travel to Singapore I get a better exchange rate there than in the UK.
      Many thanks, Denise

9 Answers Jan 17, 2015 at 3:36 PM
    • kiwi's Profile Photo

Child seats in taxis

Auckland Dec 17, 2014 at 10:19 PM

I have visitors arriving at Auckland International Airport. They have a child, so how do the taxis do that? If they are on the ramp do they have access to child seats? Thanks for any insight.

11 Answers Dec 18, 2014 at 8:29 PM
    • selling car/campervan

New Zealand Dec 16, 2014 at 1:51 AM

how easy/quickly is it to sell a car/campervan at the end of a travel period?

4 Answers Dec 16, 2014 at 12:04 PM
    • 21 day New Zealand Itinerary with Milford Track

New Zealand Dec 11, 2014 at 9:29 AM

Hello,
      My wife and I (mid 20s) would love any insight into how to plan our 21 day road trip around the South Island of NZ. We are interested in sightseeing and hiking. We fly into Christchurch next November and out of Christchurch in December. It all looks so amazing it is hard to figure out what to skip and how to arrange all the highlights without too much driving. I appreciate any help! Please let me know if we are missing anything exciting along the way. Our tentative itinerary:
      Day 1-2 Spend in Christchurch exploring
      Day 3 Maruia Springs - camp nearby
      Day 4 Westport - see cape foulwind seal colony
      Day 5-6 Karamea - do portion of Heaphy Track and stay one night, second night in Karamea
      Day 7 Punakaiki/Greymouth - see pancake rocks stay in Greymouth for night
      Day 8 Hokitaka - hike and see hokitaka gorge
      Day 9 - Glaciers/Haast - stop to see glaciers and sleep in Haast
      Day 10-11 Queenstown - explore and hike nearby
      Day 12 Te Anau - drive day and rest before Milford Track
      Day 13-15 Milford Track
      Day 16 Te Anau - rest and explore town
      Day 17 Invercargill - explore the city and sandy point
      Day 18 Drive through Papatowai to see the lost gypsy and end in Dunedin
      Day 19 Dunedin - explore
      Day 20-21 Lake Tekapo - explore

Thanks!

2 Answers Dec 15, 2014 at 1:13 AM
    • Lyttelton Custom House

Lyttelton Nov 30, 2014 at 6:49 PM

My great Grand Aunt was married to Thomas Bacon. He was a Custom officer at Lyttelton from 1859 to 1901.
      I am trying to find a photo of the Custom House.
      Neil Boyce
      nandg@vodafone.co.nz

1 Answer Nov 30, 2014 at 8:07 PM
    • One month trip to New Zealand with kids

New Zealand Nov 18, 2014 at 3:00 AM

Hi there!
      I'm planning a one month trip to New Zealand with my wife and two kids (4 and 2) and wanna know the best and cheapest way for doing so. We have thinked of traveling the country going from camping to camping. Also, is it best to hire a car or buy a second hand one and selling it afterwards?

Thanks in advance and best regards!
      Jose

1 Answer Nov 18, 2014 at 5:58 AM
    • travel insurance

New Zealand Nov 16, 2014 at 6:58 PM

any recommendations on a good comprehensive travel insurance carrier and plan?
      there are so many...

thank you

5 Answers Nov 23, 2014 at 5:21 AM