New Zealand Travel Answers

change location

Weather in July/August

by Buddy321 Online Now Mar 22, 2013 at 11:53 AM

I am going to the north of nz for 6 days and the south for 3 weeks , will the westher be very bad in winter? Once it's not raining the whole time!

Thank you

Quote & Answer
4 Answers
  • Re: Weather in July/August

by Kiwikaren Online Now Mar 22, 2013 at 12:05 PM

It will be cold especially in the south island. There would be a very good chance of snow and the roads could be quite icy. Some of the passes could be closed on the odd day. The north island will not be quite so bad except for the Central Plateau area around the mountains. It can go either way but the days should generally be not too bad

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • Re: Weather in July/August

by Buddy321 Online Now Mar 22, 2013 at 12:32 PM

Thank you, so it shouldn't affect to many of our activities , really don't mind the snow or cold weather it's the rain!

• Robmj's Profile Photo

Re: Weather in July/August

by Robmj Online Now Mar 23, 2013 at 1:16 AM

It is likely to be mixed, so take plenty of clothing choice. In the South Island, in winter around Queenstown / Wanaka you may get splendid sunny days, but the temperature will certainly be cold. Doesn't actually rain a lot in that part in Winter, although you will still get some days. North Island, I guess while the climate will be slightly warmer, you are likely to get a bit of wind and rain.

• by 21traveller Online Now Apr 26, 2013 at 3:10 AM

july winter yes...however august i regard as spring in southland. it will be cool, but the bite of the cold should be less. of course it may rain...however that the best way to see fiordland so dont complain. (it may snow, so keep your camera handy) you will see daffodils and tulips. it will be a great time to travel.

Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Popular New Zealand Travel Answer Locations