New York State Travel Answers

change location

Entering the Country at JFK

by geom2123 Online Now Feb 11, 2013 at 2:48 PM

Hi everyone,

i am an EU Citizen, planning to visit ny to stay with my girlfriend for 3-4 months.i have a visitors visa (B-2). She is studying there (F1 Visa). I work from my computer and i can easily proove financial availability etc. Do you think that i might have any problem at the airport?? What do i have to do, to ensure that i easy access to the country??

Quote & Answer
3 Answers
  • xymmot's Profile Photo

Re: Entering the Country at JFK

by xymmot Online Now Feb 11, 2013 at 3:02 PM

You only needed aVisa to enter, if you have that thy assume that you have financial xt abilities.

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • cgf's Profile Photo

by cgf Online Now Feb 11, 2013 at 4:01 PM

as anywhere else to have NOT an unkempt appearance helps a lot :)

• r13's Profile Photo

by r13 Online Now Feb 12, 2013 at 1:24 AM

I think You should not worry. I know that immigration officer at the entry point can cancell the visa.

1. Be prepared. You already had interview for a visa - You know kind of IM questions and the issues consulate had with You (if any) - be ready to be asked again (do not get nervous that officer asks the things You already explained at the consulate - this is the way to check Yuo are not "inventng different" story when asked by different person). That means Your answer should answer the question, be precice and at the same time contain minimum "extra" information the officer later can use further "develop the story"...

2. Tell the truth. I know it is not allways easy, but worst solution is tell a "small lie" made up on the spot. Immigration officers are the best "pros" to find such lies - they have special trainig for that...

3.If any person (especially Your girlfriend) ever suggested (even as a joke) You can "easily" overstay in written form = an SMS, love postcard, e-mail - do not have such things with You in Your PC, phone and luggage. Again - hypotetically- if Your girfrend did and You deleted that SMS - be ready when immigration asks about that...

Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Popular New York State Travel Answer Locations