Be the First to Answer

• AlleyB's Profile Photo

Uber pick up

by AlleyB Online Now Mar 8, 2015 at 6:40 PM

Will Uber pick you up at your hotel?

more
    • Bars and clubs

by Kimlev93 Online Now Mar 5, 2015 at 6:06 AM

Hi! My partner, his dad, step mum and I will all be traveling to New York next Thursday we are all young, outgoing and looking forward to having an amazing time. We like to have a drink and party and we will be staying in times square. Where is the best bars and clubs in New York not too pricey but not a dive either!?? Thanks! X

more
    • DavidBurgess's Profile Photo

Loft Accommodation

by DavidBurgess Online Now Mar 11, 2015 at 12:33 AM

Hi everyone,

My wife and I are travelling from Australia to New York, where we have booked for four nights prior to a 12 night cruise from New Jersey to Quebec. We booked a loft apartment (Mikkasa Metro Suites - 38 W 31st St New York) via Expedia. I know lofts a small but given there are only two of us and its towards the centre of the City its all we need. I have since read after booking that a lot of the adverstised apartments and lofts etc are in fact non existent and are scams. I am assuming via Expedia we are covered as we have booked via them to the US on three prior occasions in the past 18 months without issue. None the less we have tried to call the accommodation and have been constantly greeted with a message service and we havent been responded to - albeit given where we live that might be understandable. Has anyone had any concerns re accommodation in New York and in your learned opinions should we do some more due diligence.

Regards...Dave

more
    • Friskyfinn's Profile Photo

Weather in NYC at the moment

by Friskyfinn Online Now Mar 7, 2015 at 2:43 AM

Heading off to NYC next week. I hear the weather is somewhat challening at the moment. What kind of footwear is needed, ok with sneakers or are winter boots needed? Tips frpm locals apprecciated thanks

more
    • decent new york photographer

by smileynat Online Now Mar 4, 2015 at 6:01 AM

hi.my wife and myself are getting our wedding vowels renewed in september,and wandered if anyone could recommend a decent photographer?it will only be for approx 30-40 mins work,and its only 4 of us at the ceremony.i've had a couple of quotes from companies,and they want around about £400($600),which seems really steep to me.just wandered if anyone knew of a freelance photographer who wouldnt have the 'overheads' of a company.

thanks in advance

andy

more
    • Suitcase in NYC

by Johan81 Online Now Mar 3, 2015 at 9:06 AM

I´m going to buy a new suitcase in NYC. Any store to recommend with affordable prices?

more
    • lynmur's Profile Photo

Woodberry Common

by lynmur Online Now Mar 26, 2015 at 1:03 PM

Hi there can anyone please tell me the best way to get out to Woodberry Common? Happy to take a bus if thats best, have seen a few with different times for pick ups in the morning but want one thats flexible for coming back in the afternoon too. Its a Friday we are going. Thanks

more
    • jess_nutella's Profile Photo

Short listed places to stay.. safety/convenience/food etc etc...

by jess_nutella Online Now Mar 2, 2015 at 2:25 AM

Hi I'm travelling to NYC for the first time with my partner for 5 days. We are in our mid-twenties and really love food.
      We are trying to decide on a place to stay and are tossing up between:
      1) Upper West Side- West 107th Street (my top choice based on the description and reviews of the place)
      2) Lower East End - Henry St
      3) East Village - East 7th St
      4) Union Sq/Gramercy Park - East 14th St
      5) Upper East side - 89th St
      6) East Village/Gramercy Park - East 15th St

Do any of these stand out as being very good areas (safety, food, convenience) or are they all about the same? Do any of these stand out as being places to avoid? Or are there places directly surrounding these areas that should be avoided?

more
    • lynmur's Profile Photo

Woodberry Common

by lynmur Online Now Mar 26, 2015 at 1:03 PM

Hi there can anyone please tell me the best way to get out to Woodberry Common? Happy to take a bus if thats best, have seen a few with different times for pick ups in the morning but want one thats flexible for coming back in the afternoon too. Its a Friday we are going. Thanks

9 Answers Mar 26, 2015 at 2:32 PM
    • DavidBurgess's Profile Photo

Loft Accommodation

by DavidBurgess Online Now Mar 11, 2015 at 12:33 AM

Hi everyone,

My wife and I are travelling from Australia to New York, where we have booked for four nights prior to a 12 night cruise from New Jersey to Quebec. We booked a loft apartment (Mikkasa Metro Suites - 38 W 31st St New York) via Expedia. I know lofts a small but given there are only two of us and its towards the centre of the City its all we need. I have since read after booking that a lot of the adverstised apartments and lofts etc are in fact non existent and are scams. I am assuming via Expedia we are covered as we have booked via them to the US on three prior occasions in the past 18 months without issue. None the less we have tried to call the accommodation and have been constantly greeted with a message service and we havent been responded to - albeit given where we live that might be understandable. Has anyone had any concerns re accommodation in New York and in your learned opinions should we do some more due diligence.

Regards...Dave

4 Answers Mar 11, 2015 at 2:08 PM
    • AlleyB's Profile Photo

Uber pick up

by AlleyB Online Now Mar 8, 2015 at 6:40 PM

Will Uber pick you up at your hotel?

3 Answers Mar 8, 2015 at 9:03 PM
    • Friskyfinn's Profile Photo

Weather in NYC at the moment

by Friskyfinn Online Now Mar 7, 2015 at 2:43 AM

Heading off to NYC next week. I hear the weather is somewhat challening at the moment. What kind of footwear is needed, ok with sneakers or are winter boots needed? Tips frpm locals apprecciated thanks

8 Answers Mar 11, 2015 at 9:22 AM
    • Bars and clubs

by Kimlev93 Online Now Mar 5, 2015 at 6:06 AM

Hi! My partner, his dad, step mum and I will all be traveling to New York next Thursday we are all young, outgoing and looking forward to having an amazing time. We like to have a drink and party and we will be staying in times square. Where is the best bars and clubs in New York not too pricey but not a dive either!?? Thanks! X

3 Answers Mar 5, 2015 at 2:20 PM
    • decent new york photographer

by smileynat Online Now Mar 4, 2015 at 6:01 AM

hi.my wife and myself are getting our wedding vowels renewed in september,and wandered if anyone could recommend a decent photographer?it will only be for approx 30-40 mins work,and its only 4 of us at the ceremony.i've had a couple of quotes from companies,and they want around about £400($600),which seems really steep to me.just wandered if anyone knew of a freelance photographer who wouldnt have the 'overheads' of a company.

thanks in advance

andy

8 Answers Mar 4, 2015 at 10:21 AM
    • Suitcase in NYC

by Johan81 Online Now Mar 3, 2015 at 9:06 AM

I´m going to buy a new suitcase in NYC. Any store to recommend with affordable prices?

8 Answers Mar 5, 2015 at 2:49 PM
    • jess_nutella's Profile Photo

Short listed places to stay.. safety/convenience/food etc etc...

by jess_nutella Online Now Mar 2, 2015 at 2:25 AM

Hi I'm travelling to NYC for the first time with my partner for 5 days. We are in our mid-twenties and really love food.
      We are trying to decide on a place to stay and are tossing up between:
      1) Upper West Side- West 107th Street (my top choice based on the description and reviews of the place)
      2) Lower East End - Henry St
      3) East Village - East 7th St
      4) Union Sq/Gramercy Park - East 14th St
      5) Upper East side - 89th St
      6) East Village/Gramercy Park - East 15th St

Do any of these stand out as being very good areas (safety, food, convenience) or are they all about the same? Do any of these stand out as being places to avoid? Or are there places directly surrounding these areas that should be avoided?

15 Answers Mar 4, 2015 at 7:54 PM
    • DIY store in NYC

by Johan81 Online Now Feb 28, 2015 at 4:16 AM

My girlfriend loves DIY and when I´m in NYC I would like to buy some stuff to her. Is there any good DIY store that you can recommend? At the moment she likes to produce her own soap and candles :-)

I would appreciate all help I can get!

11 Answers Feb 28, 2015 at 9:16 PM
    • New York Yankees Game

by pdpetti Online Now Feb 26, 2015 at 9:32 PM

I am looking for nice place to stay in New York City that allows easy travel to Yankee Stadium.

6 Answers Mar 1, 2015 at 12:40 PM
    • limsr's Profile Photo

Which places/hotels are recommended in NYC?

by limsr Online Now Feb 25, 2015 at 7:38 AM

Hi all, I am from Singapore and it will be my first time to New York, there are a couple of questions I would like to ask.

1. I will be travelling with a few other friends to New York in mid July and we are looking for affordable hotels/hostels which are in the more 'convenient' neighbourhoods. Which would be recommended?

2. What are the must-see and do in New York? A few of the places we are looking at are the Times Square, Coney Island, Central Park and Brooklyn Bridge. I went on the web to search, there were many results and I would like to hear the opinions from locals or people who know NYC.

3. Oh yes, and how do I get from New York to Boston? Aside from domestic flights as most flights have got a baggage limit of about 23kg. I'm looking at buses or trains but I'm hearing that the metro can be quite confusing as it is my first time there. As for buses, there are a few operators, which is recommended?

4. Lastly, is there anything else I need to take note of when I am there? Any difference in culture or similar that I will have to know of?

Thank you for reading, help is very much appreciated smiley

17 Answers Feb 27, 2015 at 9:16 AM
    • where are the Dominican and Puerto Rican women at in NYC nowadays ?

by StreetDreamzz Online Now Feb 17, 2015 at 7:19 PM

i'm young male who has not been to NYC in over 8 years and i was asking this question because i am interested in dating a Dominican or Puerto Rican woman, could you guys tell me what are the best places/neighborhoods in NYC to meet these women ? thank you.

3 Answers Feb 23, 2015 at 2:52 PM
    • nikooru_who's Profile Photo

What do you know?

by nikooru_who Online Now Feb 15, 2015 at 2:31 AM

Hey, I'm
      Going to NYC this May with family. I know they will want to see the typical landmarks etc.
      Although I would like to venture off to some interesting places to see/eat. Do you know any cool places to visit?/tips/money saving ideas.

What Broadway shows play at this sort of time?

Thanks x

15 Answers Feb 17, 2015 at 4:55 PM
    • NYE in NYC

by CCol Online Now Feb 13, 2015 at 12:00 AM

Hi all we are travelling from Australia in December to spend NYE In NYC. Although the dropping of the ball was my first option but 12 hours in the snow or 1000s of $ for a special function or room with a view has ended that. I have found some great cruises though so excited about doing that and watching the fireworks. Was looking for some advice. At this stage the cornucopia majesty looks great. Has anyone done this trip on NYE ? I'd love to hear your reviews on this or other crusies.....?

7 Answers Feb 14, 2015 at 7:53 AM
    • Hoping for a special NY getaway

by chrisntracy Online Now Feb 12, 2015 at 12:05 PM

My girlfriend and I are planning a trip to NYC from 2/27 to 3/2. She doesn't know but I am planning on proposing while on this trip. I want a hotel in a good location... (I was thinking Times Square but am open to any suggestions)..around $125 or so per night. It is the 1 year anniversary of our first date and we want a memorable romantic experience. I had a carriage ride in central park in mind. Any suggestions on what to do/see and suggestions on where would be a great place to propose would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

11 Answers Feb 12, 2015 at 7:05 PM
    • Skyline views

by Normyc Online Now Feb 9, 2015 at 11:56 AM

Can you recommend the best bars with a great view of the city? We are celebrating a special occasion. Thanks!

3 Answers Feb 12, 2015 at 1:41 PM
    • Comedy Night

by Normyc Online Now Feb 9, 2015 at 11:54 AM

Please can you recommend the best comedy night? We would prefer a more intimate audience, not too pricey and somewhere the locals go?

2 Answers Feb 12, 2015 at 1:38 PM
    • First trip to NY this December

by Heathers147 Online Now Feb 8, 2015 at 5:01 AM

We are planning our very first trip to nyc this December. We will have 3.5 days to sight see and shop. We want to do Rockefeller center, all of the window displays, a couple of Christmas markets, radio city Christmas spectacular, Soho, little Italy, chinatown, staten island ferry to see the statue of liberty, central park, grand central terminal, Greenwich village, times square, the Brooklyn bridge, we will walk by and see the empire state building and the Chrysler building as well, and top of the rock. Looking for suggestions on anything I missed, places to eat, and how to set up an itinerary. We are staying at The Manhattan at times square. Help will b greatly appreciated!

10 Answers Feb 12, 2015 at 1:39 PM
    • BLL2-IDWTR's Profile Photo

Kayaking over Staten Island

by BLL2-IDWTR Online Now Feb 7, 2015 at 2:53 AM

I wish I could visit the ship graveyard from the river side. Any idea someone ?

2 Answers Feb 8, 2015 at 4:45 AM
    • Birthday in New York City

by Jodibfp Online Now Feb 6, 2015 at 1:14 PM

I am taking my Mom to New York City for her Birthday in March. Neither one of us have ever been there. I booked us at the Warwick, and have purchased tickets for a show. I would like to take her out for a special celebration dinner, somewhere that will help make her trip very special. Any suggestions?

12 Answers Feb 13, 2015 at 9:29 AM
    • Bushwick Brooklyn

by Sharondee Online Now Feb 5, 2015 at 2:29 PM

Sent message before signing up. Don't know if it went through.

I am a 63 year old, Caucasian, female. I have an old classmate that lives in Bushwick. He is a musician. I would love to come visit but a little nervous. He has told me NY is very different than the NW. Have to think of safety. I am a straight, no drink nor drug person. Don't know why I felt I needed to say that. Anyway, would love to connect with people in Bushwick to get their views and more info.

Thanks

10 Answers Feb 6, 2015 at 8:12 AM
    • staying in manhateen or brooklyn

by smileynat Online Now Feb 4, 2015 at 1:38 AM

hi

im coming to new york with my wife and 2 children (6 and 9) for 7 nights in september.

im looking at renting an apartment through the airbnb website,as cheaper than a hotel.

there are several properties i have seen in entral manahatten,and brooklyn,and would appreciate if someone could give me some advice on where to stay.

the advantage of staying in central manhatten,is we are near all the attractions,but the rooms seem smaller and more expensive than brooklyn.

the advantage of staying in brooklyn,is that we seem to get more for our money,bigger rooms,and it woould be nice to go back to our apartment in the eveving,away from the hussle and bussle of new york,and relax in a local brooklyn bar or restaurant.

the downside is that we would have to journey in and out of manhatten every day.

below are a few address i have looked at.can anyone adive what sort of neighbourhoods these are line,and if they are neat the subway lines,local bars,restaurants,ect?can anyone advise of nice areas in brooklyn,near the subway and family friendly bars/restaurants?

S 3rd St, Brooklyn, NY 11211, United States
      3rd Street, Brooklyn, NY 11231, United States

many thanks

andy

36 Answers Feb 5, 2015 at 2:14 AM
    • Save Valentine's Day and help me NAME THIS

by McGovern1603 Online Now Feb 3, 2015 at 7:57 PM

I wanted to surprise my girlfriend with a GREAT Valentine's Day surprise, but she's REALLY picky about food. I was browsing through her Facebook pics and I saw one with the caption "Get food, better company" (pic attached) but I can't identify the restaurant from the post. Do you recognize the decor?? If you do, and you can tell me the name of the restaurant I (and my girlfriend!!) will love you forever and you'll save Valentine's Day!

cdn2.vtourist.com/13/7295888...">

1 Answer Feb 3, 2015 at 8:03 PM
    • HOTEL PENNSYLVANIA

by packtarl Online Now Jan 31, 2015 at 4:14 AM

Hi has anybody stayed at this hotel in New York ? I was going to book but there are some pretty bad reviews on Trip Advisor. I was going to book a Penn 5000 room which are more expensive. Does anyone know if these rooms are any better than the standard rooms ? I know the location is good but what about the actual hotel itself. Thanks in advance for any help.

5 Answers Jan 31, 2015 at 10:22 AM
    • lynmur's Profile Photo

Child Free Trip

by lynmur Online Now Jan 31, 2015 at 1:04 AM

Myself and my hubby are travelling in April, staying at the Hotel Metro, a pressie for my 40th from my hubby, first trip in years without kids, been to NYC a few times, most recently with the kids, just looking for some ideas from you guys for me and the hubby to do ourselves and make the most of our child free time? We enjoy a cocktail or 2....would anyone recommend the 'sopranos' tour or can you do things like that yourself? Thanks

3 Answers Feb 12, 2015 at 1:30 PM
    • Unqiue New york

by MadeleineM2 Online Now Jan 24, 2015 at 3:04 AM

is there anything simple and unique that is great to do in New York?

9 Answers Feb 13, 2015 at 9:29 AM
    • New York for my sons 21st birthday

by Dagnall17393 Online Now Jan 21, 2015 at 3:17 PM

Hi we will be visiting Nee York from the uk for four days - 16 - 19th March its a once in a lifetime family trip that we ve saved really hard for So excited we ll be there for the St Patricks Day Parade its also my sons 21st birthday Id love to do sonething really special and memorable, we ve had a tough few years and want to make every bit of the trip count. I just dont know where to stsrt does anyone have any great ideas Thanks folks

18 Answers Jan 27, 2015 at 10:40 AM
    • lynmur's Profile Photo

Thanksgiving in NYC

by lynmur Online Now Jan 19, 2015 at 11:57 AM

We are travelling for thanksgiving 2015, any ideas on hotels to stay in that have views of the parade? Got 2 young kids and a teenager not too keen on standing in the cold for hours on end. Or do any hotels do a breakfast package where you can go and watch the parade and have breakfast?? Just trying to figure out the best (and warmest) way to do it.

12 Answers Feb 12, 2015 at 1:28 PM
    • New Year's Eve 2015

by usawannabe Online Now Jan 19, 2015 at 2:56 AM

Howdy all. My adult daughter and I will be in Times Square for the ball drop later this year. Honestly, how do people do it? Details please! I know we'll need to dress in layers and comfortable shoes etc. But no back-packs, no toilets... do people literally not eat or drink for 9 hours? (I've read we should aim to be in Times Square around 3pm for a good position) Strategies and tips gratefully received. Thanks.

12 Answers Jan 21, 2015 at 5:29 PM
    • New York for my birthday , yipeeeeeee!

by Pimms7 Online Now Jan 8, 2015 at 3:48 AM

We will be travelling to New York city in mid April and then want to travel north to Maine for some sight seeing .
      May we ask any fellow travelers to suggest a good hotel and location for the best sightseeing in the city and any suggestions for the drive north to see some nice areas , where to stay and hopefully sample the famous Maine lobsters:)

16 Answers Feb 12, 2015 at 9:27 PM