change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• Angiepric's Profile Photo

Best buys best placs

by Angiepric Online Now Jul 5, 2014 at 12:45 PM

Am going to nyc in september. Staying in time square ,,,, were is the best places to shop and whats the best buys... I also want to shop dsigner kids clothes /shoes. Whers best.
      I wanna try some good local streetstyle food and nice restraunts / cafes /deli's.

more
    • Colleen1953's Profile Photo

Tours of historic hotels

by Colleen1953 Online Now Jul 16, 2014 at 12:13 PM

I've taken a fascinating tour of the Waldorf Astoria and wonder if other NYC historic hotels offer guided tours. Does anyone have info on this?

more
    • Donna_in_India's Profile Photo

Special Restaurant

by Donna_in_India Online Now Jul 18, 2014 at 3:28 PM

Looking for a very special restaurant to celebrate a special occasion - about 20 people - private area would be great.

more
    • Cinger55's Profile Photo

family restaurant for Russian food

by Cinger55 Online Now Jun 27, 2014 at 5:40 PM

Taking our daughter to NYC to celebrate her 18th BD and she has requested authentic Russian food for her birthday dinner. Can anyone suggest a family friendly restaurant for us?
      Thanks so much!

more
    • List of essentials to be carried out

by akj210 Online Now Jun 25, 2014 at 11:46 PM

I am planning to shift to New York for couple of years under work Permit visa. What should i carry? can you help me out.
      Deepa

more
    • Legal Short Term Apartment

by cloudcalm Online Now Jun 23, 2014 at 9:53 AM

Can anyone point me to a listing agency that deals with legal short term apartments in Manhattan? There are alot of such web sites like Airbnb.com but they all include illegal apartments whereas I'm trying to find one that complies with the recent New York City laws (May 2012 I think). Thanks for your help.

more
    • Rockette's

by cutitout54 Online Now Jul 9, 2014 at 7:02 AM

Some friends and I are planning to get tickets for the Rockettes' Christmas show at Radio City Music Hall. Are there any seats/sections that we should specifically avoid getting, or is this one of those venues where every seat has a good view? :) I'm not sure how much money we're willing to shell out yet, but probably in the middle to upper middle of the ticket price range.

Also, any recommendations on decent and reasonable (for the area) lodging nearby?

Thanks so much!

more
    • sports in april

by melbox91 Online Now Jun 29, 2014 at 3:35 AM

Hey everyone.

What sports are on in New York in april thanks

more
    • Car service to NYC

by chattyCathie Online Now Jul 19, 2014 at 6:28 AM

Staying in Elizabeth, NJ hotel and then to Manhattan Cruise port on 12th Ave. Anyone know of a REPUTABLE, clean, affordable car service to take us from hotel to port and back? Nothing fancy, just a service that will get us there on time. Thanks!

more
    • Where to stay

by melbox91 Online Now Jun 29, 2014 at 3:31 AM

Hey everyone we are mid 20's my husband and i want to stay some where near times square but as we all no everything is very expensive. any suggestions on places in this area or places near by that might be a bit cheaper. Thanks in advance

more
    • Accommodation in MidTown, Manhattan

by FranCabrera Online Now Jul 16, 2014 at 10:16 AM

Hi. I'm taking a 4-week english course during the month of October (at Zoni's Language Center in Midtown) and would like to know which is the best accommodation to choose. I think that a Residence don't allow
      stays of less than three months (besides, it's is really expoensive). I've never resorted to homestay and I'm not sure if there are better options. What do you think? Thanks!!

more
    • WingToLau's Profile Photo

Been there last month. Trying to identify two spiky buildings. Please help

by WingToLau Online Now Jun 24, 2014 at 11:17 PM

I was at the top of the Empire State, took a picture to the north side. The shot shows green Metlife but there is another taller silverish building behind it with a tall spike at the top. To the west of this building, there is also another one with tall spike and H&M logo at the top. Tried many ways but couldn't identify, not even Google map street view.

I live in Sydney Australia. It was a wonderful trip, so much to adore and see. I can send you the photos but can't attach them here. Please advise if you need them.

Thanks in advance for your help.
      Mr. LAU (wingtlau@yahoo.com.au)

more
    • staying in w 40 st 8 ave

by bigapple49 Online Now Jun 29, 2014 at 1:36 AM

staying in midtown, lone woman traveller from Australia. In October this year. I imagine this street may become quiet from about 8pm onwards, cautious about walking after this time. has anyone stayed or lived in this area?

more
    • Car service to NYC

by chattyCathie Online Now Jul 19, 2014 at 6:28 AM

Staying in Elizabeth, NJ hotel and then to Manhattan Cruise port on 12th Ave. Anyone know of a REPUTABLE, clean, affordable car service to take us from hotel to port and back? Nothing fancy, just a service that will get us there on time. Thanks!

6 Answers 14 hours ago

Special Restaurant

by Donna_in_India Online Now Jul 18, 2014 at 3:28 PM

Looking for a very special restaurant to celebrate a special occasion - about 20 people - private area would be great.

3 Answers Jul 19, 2014 at 1:47 PM
    • Colleen1953's Profile Photo

Tours of historic hotels

by Colleen1953 Online Now Jul 16, 2014 at 12:13 PM

I've taken a fascinating tour of the Waldorf Astoria and wonder if other NYC historic hotels offer guided tours. Does anyone have info on this?

2 Answers Jul 17, 2014 at 12:39 PM
    • Accommodation in MidTown, Manhattan

by FranCabrera Online Now Jul 16, 2014 at 10:16 AM

Hi. I'm taking a 4-week english course during the month of October (at Zoni's Language Center in Midtown) and would like to know which is the best accommodation to choose. I think that a Residence don't allow
      stays of less than three months (besides, it's is really expoensive). I've never resorted to homestay and I'm not sure if there are better options. What do you think? Thanks!!

9 Answers Jul 16, 2014 at 1:56 PM
    • Rockette's

by cutitout54 Online Now Jul 9, 2014 at 7:02 AM

Some friends and I are planning to get tickets for the Rockettes' Christmas show at Radio City Music Hall. Are there any seats/sections that we should specifically avoid getting, or is this one of those venues where every seat has a good view? :) I'm not sure how much money we're willing to shell out yet, but probably in the middle to upper middle of the ticket price range.

Also, any recommendations on decent and reasonable (for the area) lodging nearby?

Thanks so much!

5 Answers Jul 14, 2014 at 7:18 AM
    • Angiepric's Profile Photo

Best buys best placs

by Angiepric Online Now Jul 5, 2014 at 12:45 PM

Am going to nyc in september. Staying in time square ,,,, were is the best places to shop and whats the best buys... I also want to shop dsigner kids clothes /shoes. Whers best.
      I wanna try some good local streetstyle food and nice restraunts / cafes /deli's.

1 Answer Jul 5, 2014 at 4:04 PM
    • sports in april

by melbox91 Online Now Jun 29, 2014 at 3:35 AM

Hey everyone.

What sports are on in New York in april thanks

5 Answers Jun 29, 2014 at 4:10 AM
    • Where to stay

by melbox91 Online Now Jun 29, 2014 at 3:31 AM

Hey everyone we are mid 20's my husband and i want to stay some where near times square but as we all no everything is very expensive. any suggestions on places in this area or places near by that might be a bit cheaper. Thanks in advance

6 Answers Jun 29, 2014 at 8:31 AM
    • staying in w 40 st 8 ave

by bigapple49 Online Now Jun 29, 2014 at 1:36 AM

staying in midtown, lone woman traveller from Australia. In October this year. I imagine this street may become quiet from about 8pm onwards, cautious about walking after this time. has anyone stayed or lived in this area?

15 Answers Jun 30, 2014 at 11:45 AM
    • Cinger55's Profile Photo

family restaurant for Russian food

by Cinger55 Online Now Jun 27, 2014 at 5:40 PM

Taking our daughter to NYC to celebrate her 18th BD and she has requested authentic Russian food for her birthday dinner. Can anyone suggest a family friendly restaurant for us?
      Thanks so much!

4 Answers Jun 28, 2014 at 12:07 PM
    • List of essentials to be carried out

by akj210 Online Now Jun 25, 2014 at 11:46 PM

I am planning to shift to New York for couple of years under work Permit visa. What should i carry? can you help me out.
      Deepa

4 Answers Jun 26, 2014 at 3:40 AM
    • WingToLau's Profile Photo

Been there last month. Trying to identify two spiky buildings. Please help

by WingToLau Online Now Jun 24, 2014 at 11:17 PM

I was at the top of the Empire State, took a picture to the north side. The shot shows green Metlife but there is another taller silverish building behind it with a tall spike at the top. To the west of this building, there is also another one with tall spike and H&M logo at the top. Tried many ways but couldn't identify, not even Google map street view.

I live in Sydney Australia. It was a wonderful trip, so much to adore and see. I can send you the photos but can't attach them here. Please advise if you need them.

Thanks in advance for your help.
      Mr. LAU (wingtlau@yahoo.com.au)

12 Answers Jun 27, 2014 at 12:36 PM
    • Legal Short Term Apartment

by cloudcalm Online Now Jun 23, 2014 at 9:53 AM

Can anyone point me to a listing agency that deals with legal short term apartments in Manhattan? There are alot of such web sites like Airbnb.com but they all include illegal apartments whereas I'm trying to find one that complies with the recent New York City laws (May 2012 I think). Thanks for your help.

4 Answers Jun 23, 2014 at 4:40 PM

Crime/forensic tour/experience

by Donna_in_India Online Now Jun 23, 2014 at 5:50 AM

I have a 10 yr old visitor coming to NY. She is very into CSI and the like. I'd like to find a crime tour/experience but seems there is nothing except a Gangster/Mob tour, which may be a little boring. Would love something hands on. Willing to go to NYC/NY/LI, NJ, PA, CT. Pretty much googled out so looking for some help. I'm almost desperate enough to take her to a local police dept. :-) Any ideas would be appreciated!

6 Answers Jun 23, 2014 at 7:29 AM
    • Where is the aircraft carrier and what is the addission price.

by BarryKline Online Now Jun 19, 2014 at 12:44 PM

Where is the aircraft carrier and what is the admission price?

Where is the aircraft carrier and what is the admission price.

3 Answers Jun 19, 2014 at 4:10 PM
    • riorich55's Profile Photo

Suggestions for 4 Days in New York City with Family

by riorich55 Online Now Jun 16, 2014 at 7:44 AM

OK everyone, this question is for a co-worker of mine who is going to be going to NYC in late July - early August for 4 days. I've told her wonderful things about the folks and the answers I've gotten over the past 6 1/2 years as a member, so pull out all stops and give her lots of suggestions. Here goes.

1. of people - 6 including 2 adults and 4 boys ages 7, 8, 11 and 18

Budget - $600 to $800 per day (including rooms, food, entertainment). Flights are already taken care of

Things she has mentioned they would like to do are as follows:

- Central Park
      - Ellis Island
      - A Broadway Show
      - Empire State Building
      - Times Square
      - All the other typical things that first time tourist do
      - Also some things that the non-typical folks would do

If you can suggest a good 4 day itinerary that would be a plus.

Thanks in advance!

21 Answers Jun 19, 2014 at 8:27 PM
    • acloud's Profile Photo

holiday window displays

by acloud Online Now Jun 13, 2014 at 2:56 PM

When do the majority of window displays go up for the holidays? I'd like to take the kids up to see them, but don't want to go too close to Christmas, preferring to go before Thanksgiving if possible, or as early as I can.

3 Answers Jun 14, 2014 at 7:32 AM
    • how to travel from JFK to North Brunswick New Jersey in night by public transport

by hashmishahid62 Online Now Jun 11, 2014 at 7:38 PM

My flight will arrive at JFK at 10.30 pm I think it will one two hour more to clear immigration so at about 12.30 AM I can move out but my problem is to reach my destination at North Brunswick New Jersey. Can any one guide me in this respect. I am a budget traveler My budget does not allow me to travel in taxi from JFK to my destination. should I move in night or wait for the morning because of security reasons. Hashmi

3 Answers Jun 14, 2014 at 6:38 AM
    • taurean_traveller's Profile Photo

Cost of living

by taurean_traveller Online Now Jun 10, 2014 at 11:14 PM

My step daughter is hoping to stay in New York for month or so with a view to possible future education or job seeking for the future (we are aware of visa issues etc)
      She has a shared apartment booked in the Manhatten area.

My question is regarding spending money etc as to cost of living/travel.
      She is not planning to eat out but rather buy her own food and live as she does in London,ie self catering.
      Buying from markets and supermarkets etc

She will of course be travelling round the city to gather her information etc.

What would be a reasonable daily budget taking in travel and food?
      My guesstimate would be starting around $30 per day (£20 sterling)
      Is this a reasonable figure as a minimum or am I way off?
      I have no idea as to how expensive NY is

I realise that no one can be totally accurate but looking for a "general" starting point.

i know she will want to do some touristy things but it's the basics we are looking for

8 Answers Jun 12, 2014 at 12:08 AM
    • Removal of stitches

by sheargraphix Online Now Jun 8, 2014 at 12:37 PM

Hi,

I've got a bit of a strange question. I'm going on holiday to New York tomorrow with my girlfriend for 10 days and she needs to get 3 stitches removed from her finger while she is there. We are staying right next to times square.

I don't think that our travel insurance will cover it as its something that happened before the holiday, so I'm wondering if there is a cheap medical practice that would assist with this?

Any help would be great!

5 Answers Jun 8, 2014 at 6:25 PM
    • Where should i stay and go ???

by baodinh Online Now Jun 5, 2014 at 11:36 PM

I am planning to New York from July 3 to 6. My team has 2 guys. I want to ask where should i go and stay in 3 days.
      I want to save money. I can sleep at public place , any where i can sleep.
      Please suggest a schedule for us.
      Thank you.

3 Answers Jun 6, 2014 at 10:09 AM
    • how to reach from newark liberty international airport to walden/Montgomery/orange county NY ?

by brownkris Online Now Jun 5, 2014 at 11:32 AM

hello fellow tourists

I have to reach Walden, new york, and would be landing at newark international airport.
      After some googling I found that walden is a small village in Orange county and there are no direct bus/train connections.
      So I am looking for some suggestions to reach as close to walden as possible using bus or train and taking taxi for the last mile.
      taking taxi all the way is not an idea for a student :-)
      I tried Amtrak trains site , greyhound bus site but nothing concrete.

Any suggestions will be very helpfull :-)

Cheers!

20 Answers Jun 22, 2014 at 8:04 PM
    • please help

by IvonnaZ Online Now Jun 4, 2014 at 8:32 PM

i am coming with my child to NY for certain medical reason. We live in Canada and this will be our first time visiting US. we are arriving by air plain in couple of weex and it will be actually on big day, July 4 !!! we need to get to our hotel to Times Square (Citizen hotel) but i dont know the fastest and safest way for me and my child to get to hotel...i was told that air busses are closed for certain period of time and express busses they are completely out of schedule and timings...i heard the limo service for $ 50. is the best...pls help me with advise!!! and any time you plan to visit Montreal-I will be there for you !!!! tnx. Stella

13 Answers Jun 6, 2014 at 10:11 AM
    • babaparis's Profile Photo

advices about new york

by babaparis Online Now Jun 3, 2014 at 7:43 AM

hello everybody !

i want to go to nyc next year with my family (3 childs , 2 adults) . i would like to have advices about good places , restaurants , shops and districts where i can go. i want to visit new york like a real new yorker .
      thanks for your help , babaparis

10 Answers Jun 3, 2014 at 4:59 PM
    • Hotel Advice

by jshep80 Online Now Jun 1, 2014 at 6:52 PM

We are 3 women aged 27-33. First trip to NYC for 11 nights (14th Aug - 25th Aug). We don't mind sharing beds or having the option of a sofa bed. We will be doing all the "tourist" things and don't mind walking. I'm after advice on what area and maybe some hotel options. Budget is $250-$300 AUD (which is roughly the same as US$) . After an area where subway is accessable and plently of options for a few drinks/Cafes that are moderatley priced. Thanks in advance :)

3 Answers Jun 2, 2014 at 5:58 PM
    • South st seaport

by reymax59 Online Now May 31, 2014 at 4:16 PM

Fond memories, plan to return next year. Will it really open 2015 or is that optimistic?
      Thanks in advance

2 Answers Jun 1, 2014 at 4:52 AM
    • TooTallFinn24's Profile Photo

New York City to Princeton New Jersey

by TooTallFinn24 Online Now May 28, 2014 at 4:34 PM

Will be traveling to NYC in the next two weeks and then down to Princeton, NJ. Aside from Amtrak out of Penn Station is there another lower cost option of getting to Princeton from New Jersey by rail? Also am I correct in assuming that Amtrak to NJ leaves from Penn Station. Thanks for the help.

6 Answers May 30, 2014 at 2:50 AM
    • Chrysler Building

by califtraveler Online Now May 27, 2014 at 1:17 PM

Where is the best site for photos of the Chrysler Building. I'm talking not just the top but of the building in its entirity, or as much as possible. Thanks for suggestions.

5 Answers Jun 13, 2014 at 12:45 AM
    • 10 days in NY

by Prasn Online Now May 25, 2014 at 3:45 AM

Hi,

I'm going to NY from the 7th until the 17 of june. I was thinking of staying 4/5 days in the city and then travel a little bit around. Maybe go to the Niagara falls or Washington or Boston or maybe another place someone can recomend.

Does anyone have any ideas on a good circuit to do with this amount of time? Should i rent a car or go on public transportations. It is me and my boyfriend.

Thanks for the help

7 Answers May 27, 2014 at 11:44 PM
    • times square, west village

by califtraveler Online Now May 23, 2014 at 8:14 PM

Will be staying @ w 57th and 7th ave mid December this year. Some suggestions please on how to enjoy the Christmas decorations/windows in these two areas. Thanks for your help

4 Answers May 28, 2014 at 5:08 PM