New York City Travel Answers

change location
MsLena's Profile Photo

Sky bars in Manhattan

by MsLena Online Now Feb 6, 2013 at 5:40 AM

In ten days I will be visiting my daughter who lives in Manhattan at the moment. She is 21years old and I am 41. We are both into skyscrapers, views and of course sky bars.

Where do we find the best sky bars with view in Manhattan in February? It should be bars where we can have a drink or two during evenings/early nights and not nightclubs since we are mother and daughter and do not party together.

Thank you.

Quote & Answer
4 Answers
  • akkipaa's Profile Photo

Re: Sky bars in Manhattan

by akkipaa Online Now Feb 6, 2013 at 9:13 AM

Hi Lena, I took some pages to help your plans. I have only been in Plunge, it's a little bit pricy and can be loud but if you are speaking only a drink or two...

dguides.com/newyorkcity/feat...
    fodors.com/travel-photograph...
    nyhabitat.com/blog/2012/09/0...

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • dino335's Profile Photo

by dino335 Online Now Feb 6, 2013 at 12:46 PM

Off the top of my head -- Marriot Marquis Times Square, La Birreria Roof Beer Garden at Eataly (if you like beer and Italian food)

• Re: Sky bars in Manhattan

by bigapplelover1 Online Now Feb 6, 2013 at 1:07 PM

Hi.. I recommend the Beekman Hotel skybar on Beekman Place , just north of the UN..1st Ave and Mitchell Place; Also, the Standard Hotel situated under the Highline at 848 Washington St..meatpacking district; other suggestions are Skyroon Times Sq 330 west 40th st..skyroomnyc.com; The Campbell Apartment at 15 Vanderbilt Ave at Grand Central Terminal..not for the view just for the experience; Mad46rooftoplounge at the Roosevelt Hotel..madison ave and 46th st; have a great time and welome to nyc

1 member found this helpful

• clareabee's Profile Photo

by clareabee Online Now Mar 15, 2013 at 2:49 AM

230 on 5th ave has amazing views of the city and does some very nice cocktails! I would also suggest Campbells apartment - just for the experience!

Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines