New York City Travel Answers

change location

Any recommendation on Seafood restaurant that open on Sat lunch?

by bonala Online Now Mar 27, 2013 at 12:14 PM

Hi I am trying hard to find a seafood restaurant that open on Sat lunch time and they serve skate fish or monk fish? It was so difficult to search as most of them only open at night time. Any recommendation is appreciated! Many thanks!

Quote & Answer
6 Answers
  • 10028's Profile Photo

Re: Any recommendation on Seafood restaurant that open on Sat lunch?

by 10028 Online Now Mar 27, 2013 at 12:58 PM

My favorite seafood restaurant is Aquagrill. They're open for lunch on Saturdays. I don't see skate or monkfish on their regular menu. That's not to say they won't have daily specials. They do have Chilean sea bass, which is somewhat similar in texture.

Probably New York's finest seafood restaurant is Le Bernardin. They're open for lunch on Saturdays, and they serve both skate and monkfish.

I see monkfish on the regular Saturday menus of both Redeye Grill and Oceana; they might also serve skate as a special.

The Red Cat isn't a seafood restaurant, but they serve skate on their prix fixe Saturday menu.

Have a look at menupages.com. You can search by specific food, neighborhood, cuisine, etc., and read reviews and sample menus. I also recommend reading reviews on yelp.com because they seem to have more local contributors.

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • 10028's Profile Photo

by 10028 Online Now Mar 27, 2013 at 1:08 PM

Also, a number of French bistros offer skate, including Balthazar, Artisanal, and DB Bistro Moderne. They're also all open for Saturday lunch.

1 member found this helpful

• Re: Any recommendation on Seafood restaurant that open on Sat lunch?

by bonala Online Now Mar 27, 2013 at 1:41 PM

Thanks very much for your recommendation. Let me search and see whether I can still make reservation on coming Sat? As seems most places are full this Easter weekend!!!

• 10028's Profile Photo

by 10028 Online Now Mar 27, 2013 at 2:19 PM

This Saturday might be tough. Opentable.com isn't showing anything available from this list. You might phone a few places and see what they can do. Or phone your hotel concierge and have them see what they can do for you.

Please post back with your results. I'm curious how you make out. Best of luck!

• dino335's Profile Photo

by dino335 Online Now Mar 28, 2013 at 2:21 PM

Try Oyster Bar Grand Central and Docks Oyster Bar (three locations) . They are both open Sat Lunch. The Oyster Bar has every kind of fush. Docks may or may not have monkfish and skate.

• dino335's Profile Photo

by dino335 Online Now Mar 28, 2013 at 2:25 PM

FISH not fush...

Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines