New York City Travel Answers

change location

Travel from New Jersey Hotel to LaGuardia Airport!

by bonala Online Now Mar 25, 2013 at 8:42 AM

I will be departing on the coming Sunday and seeking for different means of transportation from the hotel to airport. We would like to go for a more economical way and when we search for the share van shuttle the latest pick up time is noon while our flight is at 6pm Sun. That's why I am struggling should I take the noon van to airport first or I can go at a later time in the afternoon? Thanks in advance for your suggestions!

Quote & Answer
9 Answers
  • dino335's Profile Photo

Re: Travel from New Jersey Hotel to LaGuardia Airport!

by dino335 Online Now Mar 25, 2013 at 8:57 AM

I would be happy to answer if you tell us the full address of the Hotel. "New Jersey Hotel" is not enough information.

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • dino335's Profile Photo

by dino335 Online Now Mar 25, 2013 at 8:59 AM

PS. How many people is "we"?

• travelfrosch's Profile Photo

by travelfrosch Online Now Mar 25, 2013 at 9:38 AM

Without more specific information, the best I can do is let you know there's scheduled airport shuttle service from New York Penn Station (NOT to be confused with Newark Penn Station) to LaGuardia. If you can manage to get transportation from your hotel to New York Penn (e.g., New Jersey Transit train), you can connect to LaGuardia. See http://nycairporter.com/ for more information.

If you do take a shared van service, be sure to allow lots of extra time, as they'll likely make lots of pick ups before finally making it to the airport.

• Re: Travel from New Jersey Hotel to LaGuardia Airport!

by bonala Online Now Mar 25, 2013 at 12:38 PM

Thanks guys! My hotel address is 479 Washington Boulevard, Jersey City and we have 2 person in total. If we go by public transport how long will it take to the airport? Thanks!

by travelfrosch Online Now Mar 25, 2013 at 12:54 PM

I'm not personally familiar with Jersey City, but it looks like you can take a PATH train from Newport Station (about a block from your hotel) to 33rd Street and 6th Avenue, which is about 1/2 block away from the NYC Airporter bus stop (Next to Sbarro's Pizza). I would guesstimate 1/2 hour to get from your hotel to Penn Station, then allow about an hour to get to LaGuardia (actual travel time will depend on traffic.

Note: PATH was damaged by Hurricane Sandy. It should be up to full service, but double-check the PATH website before you set out.

panynj.gov/path/maps-schedul...
    nycairporter.com/Schedule/Pe...

1 member found this helpful

• Re: Travel from New Jersey Hotel to LaGuardia Airport!

by bonala Online Now Mar 25, 2013 at 8:56 PM

Thanks! If we try to take cab from the airport, do the cab offer flat rate to destinations or go by meters?

by travelfrosch Online Now Mar 26, 2013 at 4:17 AM

As far as I know, there is no set flat rate fare from Jersey City to La Guardia. It would be a metered ride, plus tolls.

• NYCson's Profile Photo

by NYCson Online Now Mar 26, 2013 at 7:48 AM

Can you take the path to the Port Authority? You can also get the NYC Airporter bus there.

by travelfrosch Online Now Mar 26, 2013 at 9:48 AM

PATH doesn't go above 33rd Street. But NJT buses might go to the Port Authority Bus Terminal. I think both Penn and PABT run as shuttles to Grand Central Terminal, where you change to the LaGuardia bus (at least that's the way it used to be, but I'm not sure how the new concessioner runs it)

Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines