New York City Travel Answers

change location

Holiday apartments to rent

by AndrewandRona Online Now Mar 16, 2013 at 12:33 PM

I am getting married in NYC in September 2014. There will be a party of 14 (12 adults and 2 kids) coming over from Scotland for 7 nights. I have been looking for a home/apartments for us to rent however I am struggling to find any to accommodate us in the Manhattan area. Ideally I would like to find a property owner who owns a couple of apartments in Manhattan (preferably close together). I would be grateful for any help/advice you can give me. If you require any more information just let me know. Thanks, Rona.

Quote & Answer
5 Answers
  • Donna_in_India's Profile Photo

Re: Holiday apartments to rent

by Donna_in_India Online Now Mar 16, 2013 at 12:45 PM

Hi - check out homeaway.com - you'll find a few there. I'd also recommend looking outside of Manhattan for a house - northern NJ, Brooklyn/Queens/Staten Island. Be sure to read the reviews posted. You can also check vrbo.com and airbnb.com. And just as an aside - please be aware that rentals in NYC for less than 30 days is illegal and although not strictly enforced, there's always the possibility that you'd be evicted and lose any money paid. Good luck!

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • brotherleelove's Profile Photo

by brotherleelove Online Now Mar 16, 2013 at 12:45 PM

• Re: Holiday apartments to rent

by AndrewandRona Online Now Mar 16, 2013 at 2:28 PM

Thanks for the advice and the link. I'd seen a few of these apartments already but there are a couple of ones I've never seen before, they look promising. I have emailed them and hoping they won't be too expensive. Thanks.

• acloud's Profile Photo

by acloud Online Now Mar 16, 2013 at 6:26 PM

Congratulations on you upcoming wedding! I have rented a brownstone in Harlem a couple of times. It technically sleeps 13, but 2 of the rooms have extra futons, so more could fit. We love it there and it's just a couple of blocks from a major subway station that can get you to midtown in 15 mins. I've rented it thru VRBO. Search for Harlem brownstone. Also, since it's a private home, the law about renting out does not apply to them.

• franceonisland's Profile Photo

by franceonisland Online Now Mar 26, 2013 at 9:14 AM

Hello,
    May I suggest that you post an ad (free) in the classified section of the RooseveltIslanderblog. This charming little island is tucked in between Manhattan and Queens and a short (5-7 minutes at most) subway or overhead cable car ride from midtown.

Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines