New York City Travel Answers

change location

easiest way to la guardia?

by jcc03004 Online Now Feb 21, 2013 at 4:04 PM

Im going to be taking Mega Bus from hartford, ct to nyc and from there i need to be able to get to the airport quickly. What is the best way to do that. And, how early should i get to the airport to catch my flight to atl?

Quote & Answer
7 Answers
  • xymmot's Profile Photo

Re: easiest way to la guardia?

by xymmot Online Now Feb 21, 2013 at 5:55 PM

airport shuttle, it stops in front corner of hotel Pennsylvania across the street where the Mega bus usually drops off people. About 12 dollars, you can check on line but I would not buy a ticket online as they ask for certain copies of a printed reciept that I did not have so I had to buy another ticket there at the office. Bummer....never got a refund also like they said they would.

cheers tommy x

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • walkietalkie2012's Profile Photo

by walkietalkie2012 Online Now Feb 21, 2013 at 10:41 PM

the easiest way is by taxi. The cheapest way is by shuttle. If it is international flight best to be there three hours before. The queue can be quite long depending where u are heading...

• Re: easiest way to la guardia?

by jcc03004 Online Now Feb 21, 2013 at 11:50 PM

Atlanta

• Re: easiest way to la guardia?

by jcc03004 Online Now Feb 21, 2013 at 11:55 PM

Quick question is it a nightmare to get through the airport ? I have 4 choices ill list them in order of cheapness 1. NYC 90 bucks cheaper then 2. Boston is 60 cheaper then 3. Hartford which would u recommend I live in ct

• nicolaitan's Profile Photo

by nicolaitan Online Now Feb 22, 2013 at 5:03 AM

since you are going to atlanta, i assume you are on delta. note that they have expanded and now depart from the USAir terminal as well as the Delta Terminal. While they are connected by a frequent loop bus, probably best to make sure which terminal your flight is using.

Normally most people prefer the taxi to lga, which is not served adequately by public transportation. if your bus leaves you right where the shuttle is, perhaps the one exception. but allow plenty of extra time for the shuttle to fill up and for stopping at multi[ple terminals.

security lines at lga are really variable just like everywhere else, one never knows. preprinting your boarding pass will save you some time as the kiosks tend to back up.

• NYCson's Profile Photo

by NYCson Online Now Feb 22, 2013 at 6:48 AM

As mentioned already, Taxi is the quickest but not the cheapest, the shuttle bus is cheaper at $10 I think to LGA http://www.nycairporter.com/

• QuigleyM's Profile Photo

by QuigleyM Online Now Feb 22, 2013 at 7:35 AM

Easiest and fastest way is by taxi--no question about it. What time is your flight? That will help in determining what time you should get to the airport. Also, are you checking luggage?

Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines