New Paltz Travel Answers

change location
feline01's Profile Photo

New Paltz/Hudson Valley/Catskills

by feline01 Online Now Aug 7, 2003 at 6:06 AM

I'm looking for an affordable romantic get-away for this weekend anywhere in the above region (so forget about Mohonk, too rich for my tastes) preferably with a 2-person jacuzzi in the room. Anyone have any suggestions? I don't care if it's a B&B, hotel, or motel as long as it's clean and has a nice ambiance. Thanks Sue

Quote & Answer
3 Answers
  • Re: New Paltz/Hudson Valley/Catskills

by drivin67 Online Now Aug 30, 2003 at 9:09 PM

Sue, Did you ever get a reply to your question? I know there are cool bed and breakfast places around but I dont know about the jacuzzies here. There is a jellystone camp ground in Gardner ( Rt 299 west, left on 44/55 lookfor signs.) with cabins, not expensive....My sis and hers went to a local KOA camp ground out here and rented a cabin and they had a great time.... ( no jacuzzi though). I did however spend a nice time once at a cabin in the town of milford ( @ 11/2 hour south of mohonk down Rt 209 ) and IT HAD A JACUZZI ! I forget the name of the resort but it was clean and not too expensive. During the day we went to Bushkill Falls (farther down 209)it was cool and romantic and more. If you make a right at the light in millford and then i think your first left, thats the directions i got and we found it. Good Luck !

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • cjg1's Profile Photo

Re: Re: New Paltz/Hudson Valley/Catskills

by cjg1 Online Now Aug 31, 2003 at 1:18 PM

Can also check out Audrey's Farmhouse. Its about 10 minutes west and south of new paltz heading toward watchtower.

• Beth75NJ's Profile Photo

Re: New Paltz/Hudson Valley/Catskills

by Beth75NJ Online Now Aug 22, 2009 at 2:17 PM

HI! I don't know if you went away already or not. I recommend The Meadowwood Inn. it's about 20 minutes from phonecia ny (maye an hour from newpaltz). the town was cute and the rooms were great! my fiance and i stayed in the Meadowroom and it had a jacuzzi that we both fit in and i had the best night's sleep there that i'd had in weeks, literally. every room is suite sized as it was built originally to be an Inn back in the late 1800's. wonderful!

hope you had a great time!

Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines