change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• gapiffy's Profile Photo

where to stay

by gapiffy Online Now Dec 9, 2014 at 3:34 AM

just wondering where are the best/safest areas to look for accommodation -- possibly there at the start of the mardi gras season.we are a family of six - so any suggestions gladly received.thanks

more
    • first time in NO

by shaniaamil Online Now Nov 29, 2014 at 6:25 AM

Hi should I be afraid to go to NO ? I live in Brooklyn NY and always exercise caution

more
    • gapiffy's Profile Photo

where to stay

by gapiffy Online Now Dec 9, 2014 at 3:34 AM

just wondering where are the best/safest areas to look for accommodation -- possibly there at the start of the mardi gras season.we are a family of six - so any suggestions gladly received.thanks

7 Answers Dec 12, 2014 at 12:37 PM
    • first time in NO

by shaniaamil Online Now Nov 29, 2014 at 6:25 AM

Hi should I be afraid to go to NO ? I live in Brooklyn NY and always exercise caution

12 Answers Dec 13, 2014 at 11:11 PM
    • New Orleans to Atlanta

by tucker123 Online Now Nov 15, 2014 at 11:51 AM

Hi we are driving from New Orleans to Atlanta as part of our holiday in January with 2 nights to stop en route, can anyone recommend places to visit/stop en route?

1 Answer Nov 15, 2014 at 2:20 PM
    • How far in advance to book?

by pegosaur Online Now Oct 23, 2014 at 10:07 AM

Hi

My boyfriend and I are looking to stay for around a week in New Orleans in June. We have never been before and would like to stay in the French district, but are on a budget of around $150 a room a night (cheaper would be better of course!). How far in advance should we book for June? We won't be able to book until at least late Jan-Feb I don't think...will this be okay? I don't know if the french district cheaper places will sell out in low season.

Thanks

4 Answers Nov 6, 2014 at 9:45 AM
    • Stay in Treme, safe?

by friedafriedolin Online Now Oct 9, 2014 at 5:58 AM

Hi, i will traveling to NOLA on Mardi Gras 2015. I have a place to stay in treme. Does anybody know anything about treme? Is there a unsafe area? Is it difficult to get a cab on madi gras?
      I am 25 and i will travel alone, so any advice would be much appreciated.
      thanks - frieda ;)

5 Answers Oct 13, 2014 at 1:32 AM
    • Healthy food?

by rgraves731 Online Now Oct 7, 2014 at 4:08 PM

Good places to eat for paleo person. Thanks

1 Answer Oct 7, 2014 at 5:35 PM
    • Cooking schools?

by foothillErika Online Now Sep 18, 2014 at 11:05 AM

Four of us visiting NO in December. Two parents, two college students. We were told that it would be fun to go to a cooking school, in particular "New Orleans Cooking School". Is this the case? Are there other cooking schools that would be better?

1 Answer Sep 21, 2014 at 10:16 AM
    • 5 days in NO what to do and see,

by magyarfiu Online Now Sep 12, 2014 at 3:28 AM

I am 78 years old traveling with my family , son , daughter and teenage granddaughter, we have 5 days in NO, AND WOULD LIKE SOME OPINION WHAT TO DO for 5days , I love jazz, so I will be looking for some jazz places, but what to do for the others , I can not drag a 15 year old to bars so please suggest some places to visit , things to do so everybody happy there .
      thank you Tom.

6 Answers Sep 13, 2014 at 6:46 PM
    • SFHulaGIrl's Profile Photo

7th Ward Safety

by SFHulaGIrl Online Now Aug 21, 2014 at 3:25 PM

I will arrive in New Orleans mid-week next week. A local there wants me to join her at Celebration Hall in the 7th Ward to hear the brass bands play on Wednesday night. She said that she often goes by Celebration Hall on her bike during the day, but would only go there in a cab at night. She also mentioned that she's been unable to convince anyone to go there with her for more than year. In addition, I was interested in going to Bullet's Sports Bar (alone) in the 7th Ward on Friday night to hear some live music. My question is this, exactly how safe is the 7th Ward? Some have said that cabs refuse to go there. Others have said that the crime rate is higher there than in other parts of New Orleans. Has anyone been to either Celebration Hall or Bullet's Sports Bar? Should I reconsider going both places? Looking for some honest advice from either a local or people who have been to either place.

1 Answer Aug 21, 2014 at 4:22 PM
    • new orleans to biloxi

by essence40 Online Now Aug 12, 2014 at 6:40 AM

I would like to leave my downtown hotel in new Orleans and go to Biloxi for a couple of days and back to the airport. what is the best way?

4 Answers Aug 12, 2014 at 7:53 PM
    • 2 girls ask to get a drink. Scam?

by RLivengood Online Now Aug 6, 2014 at 1:42 PM

I was in New Orleans recently and on two separate occassions, while walking alone, I was approached by two women who ask if I want to get a drink at a nearby bar. I found this suspicious, especially since it happened twice, and was wondering if this was a scam. I have heard of something where they will take you to a bar and duck out on the bill when you go to the restroom but I'm not sure if there are any other variants of this scam. Has anybody had experience with this?

4 Answers Aug 7, 2014 at 6:14 AM
    • Carneygirl's Profile Photo

what district should we stay in??

by Carneygirl Online Now Aug 4, 2014 at 5:27 PM

Im looking into a trip to NOLA for my birthday in March which of course falls during Mardis Gras. So my question is, where is a safe place to stay? I'm looking for a house or apartment to rent for a week or so and I'm sure the French district is a zoo. I'd like to be close to it but I'd also like some quiet at night. Now I can handle a tough neighborhood since I'm from Brooklyn, but I'd rather enjoy myself and rest easy. Any pointers on where to stay and where NOT to stay? thanks!

2 Answers Aug 4, 2014 at 7:11 PM
    • JohnP195's Profile Photo

free accommodation swap

by JohnP195 Online Now Jul 26, 2014 at 6:01 PM

hi all

my daughter aged 25 & I would like to plan a trip to the French Quarter New Orleans from Oct 7th - Nov 8th 2015. we are on a budget & can only afford flights & meals for that duration, and was wondering if anyone in this area would be happy to offer us free accommodation in the French Quarter, in return we will offer 2 people free accommodation in our house located in Sydney Australia for the same or less duration at the time of your choosing. we dont want to do a house swap, we prefer to host & be guest at someone else's house, which makes the experience more enjoyable. we would like our own bedrooms, but also happy to share a bedroom as long as there are 2 beds. prefer double or queen beds but happy to compromise & consider single beds (no bunk beds). we will mostly be spending a lot of time on the road, so we won't be home much. we just need a place to sleep/shower etc (of course u are welcome to join us during our exploration). not interested in staying with anyone who smokes or who has pets because of my allergies. looking for accommodation that is very clean, reasonably quiet, prefer 4 star level of accommodation as this is what we will be offering when you stay at our house in Sydney. if anyone can offer us accommodation we would very much appreciate it. it's been my daughters dream to visit & explore this part of the world for a long time & i really want to help make her dream come true. happy to stay with anyone that is decent, clean & with a good healthy happy attitude towards life. if you can help us, please contact me via email at j p e t a n @ o p t u s n e t . c o m . a u  & in the subject area type in 'French Quarter New Orleans, Virutal Tourist'. help make our dream holiday a reality smiley

2 Answers Jul 27, 2014 at 11:10 AM
    • kcmsunset@hotmail.com

by karencolleenmacleod Online Now Jul 16, 2014 at 7:31 PM

Is there a bus that takes you to honey island swamp tour (north) or, oak alley
      Plantation house (west) from French quarter?

2 Answers Jul 16, 2014 at 7:48 PM
    • DebbieDK's Profile Photo

NYE in NOLA

by DebbieDK Online Now Jul 5, 2014 at 10:50 AM

We're going to be in NOLA over the New Year period and we're looking for recommendations for NYE (possibly ticket only events, all in food and drink, with descent music). We spent NYE (which also happens to be my birthday) on a boat in Sydney harbour last year and so we'd like to avoid anything on the river.

Looking forward to our trip to NOLA, and so any advice would be much appreciated.

D :-)

3 Answers Oct 21, 2014 at 11:34 AM
    • Megabus Stop to my Hotel Location

by ShanyellR Online Now Jul 4, 2014 at 12:31 AM

Once the megabus arrive at bus stop location but my Hotel is on Canal Street. What public transportation can I take to get to my hotel from the bus stop??

1 Answer Jul 4, 2014 at 4:30 AM
    • MadamKafoops's Profile Photo

Hotels suitable for a Family

by MadamKafoops Online Now Jul 1, 2014 at 12:05 AM

Hi, I'm after recommendations for a hotel that would be suitable and welcoming for 2 kids under 10, but not too boring or chain-like ..... something with a bit of character that is well-located? Thanks

• where to stay

by melbox91 Online Now Jun 26, 2014 at 1:04 AM

When looking at where to stay what is the best area? Thanks

4 Answers Jun 26, 2014 at 8:43 PM
    • What to pack in December in New Orleans

by skaijohnson22 Online Now Jun 23, 2014 at 10:16 AM

HI We are going to New Orleans over Christmas and I was wondering what to pack? We will be attending a Reveillon Dinners and at least one St. Louis Cathedral Christmas Concert. Any advice would be great.

2 Answers Jun 23, 2014 at 11:28 AM
    • Safety walking back to our hotel

by dansa1978 Online Now Jun 19, 2014 at 2:00 AM

Hi, I will be staying at the Sheraton during Mardi Gras and it is our first trip to New Orleans. Is it safe to walk back to the hotel at night from the French Quarter or is a cab recommended? I know it is only a short walk away but any advice would be great. Thanks, Danielle

4 Answers Jun 19, 2014 at 6:26 AM
    • Should I be worried about travelling alone?

by MaryAmelia Online Now Jun 16, 2014 at 6:34 AM

So I'm an Australian planning my trip to New Orleans for December this year. I'll be travelling alone and staying in the Quarter, and as a 20 year old female reading all these warnings, I'm a bit concerned that I'm going to get robbed or something.
      Apparently December is the off season, so it shouldn't be too crazy. But I just feel like I need to carry pepper spray with me or invest in a tazer. I was so excited to explore the French Quarter but now I feel like I don't want to venture too far from my hotel. Definitely won't be going out at night!
      Is it safe?

7 Answers Jun 26, 2014 at 9:04 AM
    • Gentry House or Prince Conti Hotel

by jiffer Online Now May 31, 2014 at 2:39 PM

I am planning on visiting New Orleans for Halloween this year and I would like advice on my lodgings. I have stayed at the Prince Conti in the past and liked the location and the price. There will be 3 of us gals sharing the room. If we go with the Prince Conti two of us gals will have to share a bed. I came across the Gentry House during my research and it looks interesting. We would have our own beds at the Gentry House which is a nice perk. Also we would have more room at the Gentry House room. The Prince Conti would be $375 more for a 3 night stay then the Gentry House. I know one is a hotel and one is a B&B. We are fine with the B&B. We don't need room service or pools.

One of the concerns I have is the location of the Gentry House. We are not planning on spending all of our time on Bourbon St. We will probably hang on Bourbon for Halloween but other then that we plan on exploring the French Quarters. We do like having a centrally located hotel.

The questions I have are is the area the Gentry House in safe? Is it a long walk to get to the sites? Which one would you guys choose?

1 Answer May 31, 2014 at 5:07 PM
    • best hotel for first time visiting walking distance to everything

by dsenini Online Now May 31, 2014 at 10:36 AM

cant walk to far what is the best place to stay and see as much as possible

4 Answers Jun 26, 2014 at 9:08 AM
    • ZOEGV's Profile Photo

Adolfo's and Willie Mae's/other restaurants

by ZOEGV Online Now May 31, 2014 at 6:18 AM

Looking at both places to check....Any opinions?

We'll be in NO for my wife's 50th bday. We've been to quite a few of the well known/nice places in the quarter so we are open to higher end/more formal outside the quarter...Any opinions?

• mosaka's Profile Photo

Au Berge NOLA

by mosaka Online Now May 28, 2014 at 7:17 AM

Has anyone stayed in this the hostel "Au Berge Nola"?
      It's on Carondelet street.

What you think if you have stayed there and is it walkable to French Quarter ?
      Advice would be appreciated?
      Thanks

2 Answers May 28, 2014 at 11:24 AM
    • mosaka's Profile Photo

Budget Place to stay close to French Quarter

by mosaka Online Now May 28, 2014 at 7:11 AM

Hello,
      Stopping in New Orleans for two night during road trip in July.
      Any cheap place to stay near French Quarter? Perhaps Hostel or other ?
      Somewhere walkable to restaurants and other places to see.
      Thank you for any advice help

Cheers

2 Answers Jun 26, 2014 at 9:14 AM
    • mosaka's Profile Photo

Place to stay near DownTown

by mosaka Online Now May 27, 2014 at 9:30 PM

Hello,
      Stopping in New Orleans for two night during road trip in July.
      Any cheap place to stay near Down Town? Perhaps Hostel or other ?
      Somewhere walkable to Main Street.

Thank you for any advice help

Cheers

1 Answer May 28, 2014 at 5:22 AM
    • Distance to port?

by Lilanglica Online Now May 21, 2014 at 1:08 PM

Can anyone tell me how far Frenchmen orleans is from the port, we r doing a cruise and staying here the night before

3 Answers May 22, 2014 at 4:51 AM
    • walking tours?

by dclary Online Now May 20, 2014 at 10:58 AM

Which tour is best with kids aged 15 and 12?

3 Answers May 21, 2014 at 9:14 AM
    • MacedonianUK's Profile Photo

Hotel choice

by MacedonianUK Online Now Apr 28, 2014 at 2:32 PM

After the VT meet in Washington DC , I am heading down south, have been looking athotels close or in the French quarter, I found this hotel
      Maison St. Charles
      1319 St Charles Ave.
      New Orleans, LA 70130
      Photos look great and the price is even better, question is is it good neighboorhood ?
      Will travel with child of 8 yr old.
      Any opinions you can share on the area I apriciate very much.

4 Answers Apr 28, 2014 at 11:23 PM