New Orleans Travel Answers

change location

Need a Suite in The French Quarter

by zyggistardust Online Now Jan 31, 2013 at 7:47 AM

I am traveling to New Orleans for my 55th birthday in April with some of my girlfriends. I am not an experienced traveler and need some help finding a suite in the French Quarter or within a block or two. We need 3 bedrooms. Can anyone suggest a place? Thanks!

Quote & Answer
4 Answers
  • travelmad478's Profile Photo

Re: Need a Suite in The French Quarter

by travelmad478 Online Now Jan 31, 2013 at 9:15 AM

Hotels generally don't have 3-bedroom suites. If you want three bedrooms, and you want to stay in a hotel, book three rooms. It should be possible to get three adjoining rooms, if that works for you, so that you can use the connecting doors between them--but you will have to call the hotel directly for that.

If you want what is effectively a 3-bedroom apartment, then you can look at vacation rentals like VRBO.com. There are plenty of properties in New Orleans.

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • bocmaxima's Profile Photo

by bocmaxima Online Now Jan 31, 2013 at 11:53 AM

Yes, I would suggest looking at a vacation rental, like on vrbo.com. You'll get a nicer place. Rooms at hotels in the French Quarter do not tend to be large because they're in older buildings. There are several vacation rentals in the French Quarter, but I would also suggest you keep open to other neighborhoods, such as the Marigny, which is just across Esplanade from the Quarter. You'll get more choices and staying outside the Quarter will give you the chance to "escape" if you need to. The French Quarter can wear on you.

In April, there's French Quarter Festival. This is a great event to come to because it offers a chance to taste a lot of New Orleans' best restaurants as well as see some great, free live music. However, this drives up prices and makes lodging pretty scarce. Be sure to look up the dates of the 2013 festival before you purchase your flights.

• dustmon's Profile Photo

by dustmon Online Now Feb 1, 2013 at 4:01 AM

Agree with VRBO---we found a cute house in Algiers Point (just across the river a short ferry ride from French Quarter) and enjoyed the quiet at night after walking around the Quarter...

• Rixie's Profile Photo

by Rixie Online Now Feb 3, 2013 at 1:56 PM

You might also check out airbnb.com. We rented a three-bedroom cottage through them recently, and it was perfect for us - all the comforts of home, with a living room and a kitchen.

We stayed in Mid-City because it wasn't our first trip to New Orleans and we had a car to get around. But I know that airbnb has listings in the French Quarter, too.

Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines