New Mexico

change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• One Way from ABQ to Taos

Taos Apr 4, 2014 at 12:46 PM

two of us are flying to Albuquerque on June 3rd and need to get to Taos that same day to meet up with other travelers. We only need one way to Taos that day. I have only seen one shuttle that makes this trip and it's Twin Hearts. They don't pick up the phone to inquire or reserve and the reviews are just dreadful about them. To rent a car one way from ABQ to Taos is very expensive as well. do you have any other suggestions?

more
    • One Way from ABQ to Taos

Taos Apr 4, 2014 at 12:46 PM

two of us are flying to Albuquerque on June 3rd and need to get to Taos that same day to meet up with other travelers. We only need one way to Taos that day. I have only seen one shuttle that makes this trip and it's Twin Hearts. They don't pick up the phone to inquire or reserve and the reviews are just dreadful about them. To rent a car one way from ABQ to Taos is very expensive as well. do you have any other suggestions?

4 Answers Apr 5, 2014 at 5:21 AM
    • Rushed 3 DAY trip to New Mexico

New Mexico Mar 7, 2014 at 5:19 PM

Hi All,

I am planning to do a 3 day trip to New Mexico, reaching Albuquerque on a Friday night and leaving Albuquerque on a Monday night. Sometime in Mar/Apr

How "impractical" and "crazy" does the following schedule look like? I am yet to decide on the halts, so I just put down the places on a google map, places that I want to "Touch, Photograph and Go" in these 3 days

http://tinyurl.com/manishbit

I sincerely wish I had the luxury of time. Will appreciate if someone can suggest how I can tweak this to make it look more "feasible".

I am totally into Driving and Photography, especially landscapes, hence I am trying to cover the above mentioned locations

Thanks to ALL members for your inputs for my earlier trips, as always.

regards
      Manish

2 Answers Mar 7, 2014 at 9:14 PM
    • family fun in new mexico

Santa Rosa Mar 4, 2014 at 5:51 PM

what can I do with the family after 9 pm

• Safe Reasonable Hotel

Albuquerque Feb 15, 2014 at 11:58 PM

My daughter and I will be traveling through New Mexico next month. Albuquerque is our half way point of the trip and would like to stay overnight. The last time I stayed there, my son and I just picked a convenient motel off the interstate. BIG MISTAKE! Hotel had several rooms with crack heads. The neighborhood was scary - lots of homeless and other types wandering around. We even had a stranger come into our room because the desk clerk did not recode the key card!!! Please let me know which area convenient to I40 would be safe for two ladies.

4 Answers Feb 16, 2014 at 12:39 PM
    • What Vehicle to Bring

Chaco Canyon National Monument Jan 28, 2014 at 10:12 AM

What type of vehicle will we need to visit the sites - 4 wheel drive? pickup truck? SUV?

4 Answers Jan 28, 2014 at 11:12 AM
    • Airport to Hotel

Santa Fe Jan 14, 2014 at 7:39 AM

Hi.. we are arriving next week ( very excited ) . Just wonder how best to get from SAnta Fe airport to Santa Fe sage Inn hotel ?

5 Answers Jan 25, 2014 at 12:08 PM
    • Driving in Albuquerque

Albuquerque Jan 6, 2014 at 8:48 AM

We are from rural Nebraska and would like to come and see Albuquerque. Any sights we should in no way miss? And can two old ranchers from Nebraska handle the traffic in Albuquerque?

7 Answers Mar 7, 2014 at 2:05 AM
    • Day Tour Operator recommendation

Santa Fe Jan 2, 2014 at 7:19 AM

My hisband and I are planning a trip on 24 Jan 2014. I am thinking of doing a day trip to brandelier monument. Thinking of looking for a day trip operator which is decently priced. Any recommendations ?

3 Answers Jan 2, 2014 at 8:26 AM
    • Transporation

Albuquerque Nov 12, 2013 at 11:11 AM

I will be arriving at the airport, and need to get to Las Vegas, NM do you have an airport suttle service?
      And what would be the cost.

18 Answers Nov 16, 2013 at 8:21 AM
    • sleeping in the car and general comments for traveling in NM

New Mexico Oct 22, 2013 at 11:17 PM

Hi I'm a female thinking to drive through New Mexico over Carlsbad to Ca in a couple weeks with my 16 yr old son and wonder if it'd be a safe trip for us. We'll sleep in the car either at national parks or TA , the closest to Carsbad being at Las Cruces .Any comments are greatly appreciated. This will be our first long distance car travel experience.

10 Answers Oct 26, 2013 at 4:08 PM
    • Park closure

Chaco Canyon National Monument Oct 5, 2013 at 11:51 PM

With the budget impasse, the park is closed until the government is again funded.
      Are the sites accessible with the park closed? It will be a great loss to not have the visitor center and ranger guides, but it will be even worse to not see the park at all.

7 Answers Oct 6, 2013 at 8:33 PM
    • maggiefoss's Profile Photo

good hotel in santa fe for elderly parents

Santa Fe Oct 5, 2013 at 10:19 PM

Hi, i am traveling to santa fe for 2 days with my elderly mom.. She walks with a cane, fairly slowly and cant walk very long distances. Would it be better to stay farther from downtown and just drive and park at the various areas, or try to stay right near the center of town and try to walk (slowly) to things. also, does anyone have a suggestion for a nice hotel/inn that would be good for 3 adults (my sister is traveling with us also.,) What would be something that we shouldnt miss while we are in santa fe? thanks, Maggiefoss

4 Answers Oct 7, 2013 at 9:54 AM
    • Cloudcroft snow

Cloudcroft Sep 29, 2013 at 5:35 PM

Planning a trip for the first week in November, is there usually snow by that time of year and if so how much? thanks

3 Answers Sep 30, 2013 at 6:45 AM
    • Please, someone help me!!!

Albuquerque Sep 24, 2013 at 4:09 PM

Hi, I have been to Albuquerque 3 times in the past year to visit my daughter and family. They moved there a little over a year ago. Two times we have driven there and in August I flew there. Every single time I've gone there I get very sick with diarrhea and vomiting. I mean REALLY sick. I had to go to the hospital in August due to being so dehydrated. No one can tell me why I keep getting sick. I don't get sick at home or anywhere else we travel to. If anyone has any idea please post and let me know. We are going to be going again Oct 5 and I am scared to death to go. Please help if you can. Thank you, Donna

13 Answers Oct 5, 2013 at 9:35 AM
    • Chaco Bus?

Chaco Canyon National Monument Sep 5, 2013 at 5:15 PM

Is there a bus tour to and through Chaco Canyon?

7 Answers Sep 6, 2013 at 6:57 PM
    • TLippard's Profile Photo

Cave Exploring in Carlsbad Caverns

Carlsbad Caverns National Park Sep 2, 2013 at 10:15 PM

Hi. My wife and I are soon to be traveling to CC to do some of the ranger guided cave tours. We anticipate 5 or 6 of the tours, over a 3 or 4 day period. Some will be the easy ones, all the way up to the Strenuous tours. My question to any of you experienced cave explorers... Is it feasible to do say a moderate and a Strenuous cave tour in a single day (time permitting)? What are the pitfalls? We are both in better than average shape and being on our feet for 8-10 hours a day isn't a problem.

Also, given the White Nose Syndrome issue with the bats, how do we go about making sure our gear is cleaned? We're getting helmets, lamps, etc. from the ranger, but what about our clothes, shoes, flashlights, kneepads? Is there a washout area or what do we do?

Thanks a bunch in advance. Any other pertinent information you could throw my way would be greatly appreciated. Cheers!

3 Answers Sep 4, 2013 at 4:15 AM
    • Taos and Santa fe- cheap place to stay one night

Taos Aug 8, 2013 at 10:40 AM

Where is a simple, cheap place to sleep just one night in each on way to Co?
      And the not to miss places for photography :)

3 Answers Aug 9, 2013 at 4:29 AM
    • Indian dance

Gallup Jul 8, 2013 at 2:46 PM

I here there is an Indian dance every night in the summer.
      Where is it held?

3 Answers Jul 8, 2013 at 3:40 PM
    • Travelling Between SItes

Chaco Canyon National Monument Jun 6, 2013 at 1:20 PM

Wife and I are in our mid/late 60s with knee/ankle arthritis. For trip over July 4th weekend, will we be able to do most of inter-site travelling by 4 wheel drive and keeping hiking to reasonable levels?

3 Answers Jun 6, 2013 at 5:14 PM
    • GladToGoRose's Profile Photo

Any special events planned for June 4 - 7?

Albuquerque May 28, 2013 at 2:09 PM

I'll be in Albuquerque area from June 3 - June 7, 2013, just wondering if there are any special festivals, parades, etc. during this time period. I already have a balloon ride scheduled, can hardly wait.

3 Answers May 28, 2013 at 8:48 PM
    • adri57's Profile Photo

Itinerary question

Albuquerque May 1, 2013 at 6:49 AM

Arriving in ABQ towards late afternoon, with the next full day to stay there, but actually don't want to miss out on Santa Fe before moving on. Staying at Best Western Rio Grande. We'll probably go into the Old town after our arrival in the late afternoon; any ideas where to eat some good NM chow? Better to stay in the center or is there anywhere decent near the hotel? And on day 2: is it realistic to travel to Santa Fe via the Turquoise Trail, coming back via El Camino Real? What's parking like in Santa Fe? Is it better to eat somewhere on the road before getting there? We also want to visit a pueblo but they all look as if the journey north of SF would add on miles/time to our day, taking away from the time spent in SF. Are there any interesting pueblos west of ABQ which we could visit on our way out on day 3? Not ones with guided tours.

15 Answers May 4, 2013 at 12:57 PM
    • Flagstaff to Santa Fe

New Mexico Apr 2, 2013 at 1:46 PM

Bit of a broad question, we are travelling from Flagstaff to Santa fe. Think doing it in one day is a bit to much.
      Thinking of stopping in Albuquerque to get up early and go along the Turquoise Trail. Thats still a big drive between Flagstaff and Albuquerque. Any other sugestions for somewhere to stay enroute so we are not driving miles and will we be missing lots of interest on the way?
      Sorry for broad question but just worried about driving 400 miles Flagstaff to Santa Fe in one go.
      Hope to ask more specific questions later so please be patient!
      Thanks.

14 Answers Apr 4, 2013 at 1:45 PM
    • Pukku's Profile Photo

Travelling Santa Fe NM to Taos NM by bus ?

New Mexico Mar 19, 2013 at 1:19 AM

I want to travel by bus to Taos from Santa Fe, NM. What is the nearest bus station and the name of the bus from Santa Fe that goes to Taos? What bus to take going there? I need more information about bus travel from Santa Fe to Taos or vice versa. Thanks.

2 Answers Mar 19, 2013 at 8:17 AM
    • Pukku's Profile Photo

Photography in Santa Fe, New Mexico

Santa Fe Mar 13, 2013 at 12:50 PM

I would like to know if it is permitted to photograph museums and churches, and local people in Santa Fe, NM.
      Any sights that are forbidden to take pictures? Thanks.

4 Answers Mar 13, 2013 at 9:18 PM
    • Joeysage's Profile Photo

Info on goji berry Eco lodge. Is it for real?

Taos Feb 26, 2013 at 10:00 AM

I have found cabins on Craigslist at this website m.taosgoji.com/#!Casitas%20&...">m.taosgoji.com/#!Casitas%20&...,|gallery_page And also listed on airbub lodging site but no reviews.

Does anyone know of this place or have stayed there?

Thanks, Joey

1 Answer Feb 26, 2013 at 1:43 PM
    • Balloon Fiesta

Albuquerque Sep 9, 2012 at 2:22 PM

Hi! Any solo female attending this year's Balloon Fiesta? If so contact me I will be there on the 11th until the 14th.

• Vietnam train travel

Hi everyone, i've planned to go travel to Vietnam over coming time and my friends recommended me moving by train to enjoy beautiful landscapes of the country. They suggested i could book ticket online via official website of Vietnam raiway industry but i haven't sure about its safety. If you could possibly give me more advice, thank you

4 Answers Jul 24, 2012 at 5:28 PM
    • Friskyfinn's Profile Photo

Hoover Dam Tour

Las Vegas Jul 17, 2012 at 9:34 AM

Wishing to do a Hoover Dam tour in a Hummer from Vegas. A few companies to choose from it seems. Anyone got any experiences / recommendations please ?

2 Answers Jul 18, 2012 at 1:46 PM
    • pjinnh's Profile Photo

NM/AZ/CO/UT - This September

New Mexico Jun 27, 2012 at 11:44 AM

My husband and I are contemplating a two-week vacation in September – likely starting in Albuquerque and driving counter-clockwise through Colorado, Utah, and Arizona before returning to Albuquerque. We would appreciate any tips, warnings, recommendations, etc., anyone could offer us. Such as: What weather can we anticipate during that time? Are there some roads we should avoid (we’ll be renting a medium size sedan – not an SUV)? Anything in that general area which is considered a must-see/must-do (keeping in mind I’m 55 and my husband is 65)? Or anything else you’d deem that we should know before we go. Thanks for your help!

2 Answers Jun 28, 2012 at 8:25 AM
    • horse hair pottery

Albuquerque Jun 5, 2012 at 5:46 PM

I recently graceless to Colorado and was looking for some horse hail pottery. The pottery in Colorado was very expensive. My dad always brought me back a piece of horse hair pottery when he went elk hunting in new Mexico and I know he didn't pay much for them. Can anyone tell me where at in new Mexico I can get some that is not so expensive.?