change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• mickfive's Profile Photo

coming to Burlington and I have no plans

Burlington Nov 28, 2015 at 6:25 PM

Hi there...My name is Alex, 28yrs....Im coming to Burlington Dec 2-6th. Had plans to meet down there with friends but they all backed off so Ill be down by myself. trying to make new friends and hangout during my stay. What are the places to absolutely visit and not miss to have a good time solo unless I meet some cool friends

• Crossing the border in Niagara Falls

Niagara Falls Nov 16, 2015 at 5:28 AM

I'm a Brazilian guy married to an American Citizen. We have three daughters, all of them have American citizenship. We're going to visit Niagara Falls in December. I know that my wife and my kids can cross the border. Is it possible to get a visa in Buiffalo? How long will it take to get the visa there?

Valmor Andreani

• Relocating -- safest area for SWF's

Kansas City Nov 13, 2015 at 9:48 AM

relocating from a suburb of Memphis Tennessee to Kansas City Missouri. Interested in a VERY safe area which would also proived walking to shopping, resturants, coffee shops etc. Brook Side? Crown City? River Market?  Interested in a "busy" people happening area with safety in mind...

• attractions

Durant Nov 13, 2015 at 7:58 AM

Is there a bowling alley in Durant where a family could enjoy some fun?

• Closest rooms to beach/pool

Maui Nov 12, 2015 at 4:51 PM

what resorts have rooms closest to beach/pool and do any have outdoor showers?

• Rehearsal Dinner this July

Marathon Nov 11, 2015 at 1:42 PM

Looking for a nice restaurant that is not overly casual for a rehearsal dinner in July this year. Prob about 30 people. I the the Butterfly Cafe looks nice. Is there other options like this place?

• SnehalP's Profile Photo

Anyone in NYC ?

New York City Nov 11, 2015 at 9:19 AM

Keen to meet other travellers in nyc if you are looking for company. I am in nyc for a few weeks on a work assignment and really simply looking to connect with others. I love travelling and meeting new people from all walks of life.

• Abercrombie and fitch

Las Vegas Nov 1, 2015 at 9:37 PM

Where on the strip can i buy this perfume

• Travel by bus

Oklahoma City Nov 26, 2015 at 11:17 PM

How long does it take to travel from Oklahoma City to Dallas, Tx by bus?

• metrocard info

New York City Nov 22, 2015 at 11:20 AM

Hi New Yorkers. I would be grateful for your help.
      I will be arriving in New York on 21st December in the afternoon and leaving on the evening of the 28th.
      I will require a single trip from Jamaica into Manhattan on the E train to get to my hotel and then I want an 7 day card that I will use from the 22nd until my departure on the 28th.
      My question is, can I just take my single trip card and get it loaded at a booth for 7 days on the 22nd or is the 7 day card a different type? Many thanks. Roy.

• Is there any bars that offer transportation to ATT stadium for Dallas games ?

Fort Worth Nov 16, 2015 at 3:13 PM

Where is the best hotel to stay at if I dont want to drive ? ie most bars and restaurants ?

• apuleuis's Profile Photo

Renting Bikes with Children

Washington D.C. Nov 12, 2015 at 6:44 PM

We'll be going to Washington DC with a 10 year old. I see a lot about the Capital Bikeshare, but do they have bikes for kids, or will we have to go through a different rental company?

• can you take photos in the memorial garden at graceland

Memphis Nov 11, 2015 at 2:49 PM

can i take photos at the memorial garden at graceland

• how to get to cruise ship port

Tampa Nov 3, 2015 at 7:22 PM

how do I get transport from Marion Transit Center to Tampa cruise ship port

• Vacation home in Tahoe City?

Tahoe City Nov 24, 2015 at 8:35 AM

I'm considering buying a vacation home in Tahoe City having visited several times over the past few years.

My concern is the price of property there is high and I'm worried if I wanted to sell in 5-10 years time would I at least get my money back.

If you live there yourself or have any information on this it would be greatly appreciated!

• Free place with cabins and tepees in Joshua Tree

Joshua Tree National Park Nov 20, 2015 at 3:08 PM

He I am my friends (8 people) and me we're going to J-T for all day tomorrow and the night too.
      One of us have heard about a place that you can have free cabins like chalet and tepees. You just need to be there first to get it ! But problem nobody knows where that place is !
      Here is my question, anybody hear about this place and knows where it is please ?

Ps: I already call the park and visitor center in Joshua Tree they don't know about it.

• New Year's Eve.

New York City Nov 8, 2015 at 8:51 AM

Hi. My wife and I fly out to New York on the 27th December and back to the UK on the 2nd January. We have our itinerary pretty well sorted but are struggling with what to do on NYE. We are staying on East 50th Street. My wife isn't a fan of fireworks so probably wouldn't enjoy Central Park and we do not want to spend a whole day standing in Times Square. We are young at heart mid 50's non-clubbing types and would like to go somewhere for a nice meal with possibly live music.Any suggestions would be very welcome. Thank you.

• mayt's Profile Photo

Holiday in Boston

Boston Nov 6, 2015 at 8:15 AM

We are planning to drive to Boston from Toronto this December for the Holiday season. Are the shops and museums open? This will be our first time to Boston and would like to see what Boston has to offer to tourists. Any suggestion as to what places to go, will be great. Thank you.

• Safety - hotel

Oklahoma City Nov 5, 2015 at 8:19 PM

What hotels and what areaof OKC is safe to stay for personal and vehicles parked over night?

• help please

South Lake Tahoe Nov 28, 2015 at 3:14 AM

hi me and my family will be visiting in a few days dec.7., do you think its safe to drive san francisco to south lake tahoe?

• Motorcycle trip

Louisiana Nov 24, 2015 at 8:46 AM

Looking to take week long motorcycle vacation with wife and friends, wondering about best time of year, places to stay(safe, affordable and place to park motorcycles. Places to see in and out of New Orleans

• Snow concerns from Las Vegas to Flagstaff in mid January

Tucson Nov 22, 2015 at 7:54 AM

We are seniors and driving a rear wheel vehicle from Las Vegas to Tucson Arizona in mid January. What is the best route to Tucson to escape the snow if there is one? What is the fastest route to Flagstaff if the roads are clear? Thanks.

• Dimbox's Profile Photo

Where do Visitors in their 60s find the Nightlife?

Austin Nov 21, 2015 at 7:54 PM

I'll be in Austin in the middle of December and am attracted to the 6th Street District nightlife. In which bars/pubs/nightclubs would people, in their 60s, gather? I feel out of place in joints, where only kids in their 20s fill the place.

• Whistler22's Profile Photo

Rye Brook Nov 21, 2015 at 9:38 AM

Not sure if my post posted. I am looking to find out about local transportation in and around Rye Ny in December. Don't see where there is any local city bus service. Any recommendations would be appreciated, as need to keep it affordable.

• Best Airline

Washington D.C. Nov 16, 2015 at 9:51 AM

What is the best airline to take from Washington Dulles to Manilla? Traveling with wife and two boys 7 & 5. I'd pay a little more for a better service, comfort, and flight. Please let me know. Thank you.

• djc728's Profile Photo

Safety & Parking ( Downtown New Haven @ Church St & Crown St. )

by djc728 Online Now Jul 11, 2015 at 9:45 AM

I'm thinking about renting an apartment near the intersection of Church St. & Crown St. Can someone tell me if that is a safe area.

Also, can someone tell me approximately how much it would cost "monthly" to park my car at one of the local garages in that area.

Thank you.

8 Answers Jul 12, 2015 at 7:13 AM
    • Quinnipiac Ave.

by JudithPoodith Online Now May 19, 2014 at 10:18 AM

Hi, my 33 yr old daughter is thinking of renting at 535 Quinnipiac Ave. and I'm this a safe neighborhood? She would be on the ground floor. Thank you.

1 Answer May 19, 2014 at 10:57 AM
    • jpg888's Profile Photo

Toy store near Yale

by jpg888 Online Now Mar 9, 2014 at 8:39 AM

I am looking for a toy store in New Haven downtown

2 Answers Mar 9, 2014 at 12:37 PM
    • Dwight Street

by ditherings Online Now Nov 10, 2013 at 3:25 PM

Is a studio on Dwight between Chapel and George St safe for a female grad student? February and no car.

• Train services

by dmcuco Online Now Sep 12, 2013 at 12:30 PM

Is there a train from New Haven, CT directly to Secaucus, NJ Station or do you have to go to Grand Central Terminal walk to NY Penn Station and go from there.

9 Answers Sep 12, 2013 at 4:11 PM
    • Gatopardo's Profile Photo

Lighthouse Point Park, New Haven, CT - Parking alternatives?

by Gatopardo Online Now Sep 3, 2013 at 3:10 PM

I'm planning a day trip to Lighthouse Point Park in New Haven, CT. Their website shows there's a $30 dollar fee for out of state plates. If I am not comfortable with the fee, is there any other place to park? How easy is to find parking on the street? Thanks in advance.

2 Answers Sep 3, 2013 at 7:28 PM
    • not sure which bar to go to after wedding

by adalida Online Now Aug 1, 2013 at 10:01 AM

we are looking for a bar to go to Friday after a wedding. We need a place thats hip but not to loud or crazy like house music bc we will have some "older" people too. so some place fun where we can dance but not just full of 21 year olds.

1 Answer Aug 1, 2013 at 10:11 AM
    • leics's Profile Photo

First question.....daytrips?

by leics Online Now Jan 14, 2011 at 12:18 PM

I'd appreciate ideas for day trips out of New Haven.

I will almost certainly hire a car and am willing to drive up to 2.5/3 hours each way.

I'm also interested in potential daytrips by train, with a maximum journey time of around 2/2.5 hours each way.

I'm interested in almost everything except sport and shopping, but especially interested in historical sites and landscapes.

Thanks in advance for any ideas.

15 Answers Jan 18, 2011 at 11:55 AM
    • Is New Have pizza really that good?

by linkblue Online Now Aug 18, 2010 at 5:25 PM

Hello, I've been told that New Haven pizza rivals New York pizza. Does anyone agree? And does anyone know where are some places I should check out?

7 Answers Aug 19, 2010 at 5:39 AM
    • Sunday Brunch Buffet

by kenkahn Online Now Jan 22, 2010 at 12:36 PM

I'm be traveling to New Haven this Sunday from NY and am looking for a decent Sunday Brunch Buffet. It doesn't have to be exactly in New Haven but 'close'.

I can handle a price range of20-30 (but I'll accept less of course). I found one place, Sage American Grill & Oyster Bar, but it doesn't have a buffet.

4 Answers Jan 23, 2010 at 2:25 AM
    • travel time to newark airport

by bill06405 Online Now Feb 10, 2009 at 8:27 AM

I have to drive by car to the newark airport and arrive by 730pm for an international flight. What time should I leave New Haven?

1 Answer Feb 10, 2009 at 3:20 PM
    • mom and dad need help!

by leigh58 Online Now Jan 20, 2009 at 7:11 AM

we are the parents of a son who has been granted a live audition at the Opera Dept. of Yale!!!! we are so happy, but just 1 thing- we are from central illinois, the armpit of the nation. We know nothing of big city life and such. We 3 will be flying up and staying the weekend in February, wondering if it would be better to take a taxi around all weekend, of just rent a car at the airport? Isthere anything we must, or must NOT do? thank you!

4 Answers Jan 26, 2009 at 11:42 AM
    • samtin's Profile Photo

Picking up camping supplies in NEW HAVEN, CT area

by samtin Online Now Jun 7, 2008 at 6:47 AM

We are driving up from Newark to New England for a camping holiday and we will be stopping off in New Haven on our first evening. We'll want to pick up camping supplies the following morning (headed for Burlingame State Park, RI) and wondered if anyone can tell me if there is a good store in the New Haven area for things like camping gas (for an MSR pocket rocket stove) and similar.

Also, which are the local supermarket chains in CT, RI, MA, etc. Do you have Albertsons, Safeway or others?

Many thanks,
      Sam from England

2 Answers Jun 23, 2008 at 1:03 PM
    • Accomodation?

by CaDeMi Online Now Jan 26, 2008 at 10:20 AM

Is there any affordable accomodation in New Haven, except for the Yale campus? How much are the rents, more or less?
      Thanks for your help!

1 Answer Feb 16, 2008 at 7:11 PM
    • Specific Shopping Names

by mammaw Online Now Aug 27, 2007 at 2:21 PM

I will be in Mystic, Connecticut as of Thursday, August30th, and would like a complete list of the shoppes in Olde Town Mystick. Also I would like to know if you have any Christian Book stores, and Health Food Stores in or very near Mystic. Thank you.

1 Answer Aug 27, 2007 at 2:44 PM
    • Rusty Scupper History

by GingerKaufman Online Now Mar 1, 2007 at 1:30 PM

I a interested in knowing what was the original menu vehicle for the Rustry Scupper restaurants.

1 Answer Mar 9, 2007 at 2:28 PM
    • Rusty Scupper History

by GingerKaufman Online Now Mar 1, 2007 at 12:19 PM

I a interested in knowing what was the original menu vehicle for the Rustry Scupper restaurants.

1 Answer Apr 10, 2007 at 5:59 AM
    • vmarjorie's Profile Photo

from station to campus

by vmarjorie Online Now May 30, 2006 at 3:22 AM

hey folks !
      is it walkable from the New Haven train station to Yale campus ? shall i take a bus ? I'm worried because I read a whole lot of awful things about the station area : am i really putting myself at risk if I come from NY after 8 or 9 PM ? thanks a lot

2 Answers Feb 5, 2007 at 6:57 AM
    • Breakfast Near Yale

by cat34 Online Now Oct 31, 2005 at 12:19 PM

Do any of you know a good place to have breakfast near the Yale Campus that can also accomodate a group (20-30 people)?

1 Answer Apr 10, 2007 at 6:35 PM
    • emilesc's Profile Photo

Question about restaurants

by emilesc Online Now Aug 21, 2003 at 4:25 PM

I'm updating my New Haven pages and was wondering, because I haven't been there in over 10 years, is there still a buffalo wings place on Broadway? And is there still a Chinese restaurant on Crown? Can't remember the names, just that they were among my favorites.

5 Answers Aug 8, 2007 at 1:37 PM