New Haven

change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• Quinnipiac Ave.

by JudithPoodith Online Now May 19, 2014 at 10:18 AM

Hi, my 33 yr old daughter is thinking of renting at 535 Quinnipiac Ave. and I'm worried...is this a safe neighborhood? She would be on the ground floor. Thank you.

1 Answer May 19, 2014 at 10:57 AM
    • jpg888's Profile Photo

Toy store near Yale

by jpg888 Online Now Mar 9, 2014 at 8:39 AM

I am looking for a toy store in New Haven downtown

2 Answers Mar 9, 2014 at 12:37 PM
    • Dwight Street

by ditherings Online Now Nov 10, 2013 at 3:25 PM

Is a studio on Dwight between Chapel and George St safe for a female grad student? February and no car.

• Train services

by dmcuco Online Now Sep 12, 2013 at 12:30 PM

Is there a train from New Haven, CT directly to Secaucus, NJ Station or do you have to go to Grand Central Terminal walk to NY Penn Station and go from there.

9 Answers Sep 12, 2013 at 4:11 PM
    • Gatopardo's Profile Photo

Lighthouse Point Park, New Haven, CT - Parking alternatives?

by Gatopardo Online Now Sep 3, 2013 at 3:10 PM

I'm planning a day trip to Lighthouse Point Park in New Haven, CT. Their website shows there's a $30 dollar fee for out of state plates. If I am not comfortable with the fee, is there any other place to park? How easy is to find parking on the street? Thanks in advance.

2 Answers Sep 3, 2013 at 7:28 PM
    • not sure which bar to go to after wedding

by adalida Online Now Aug 1, 2013 at 10:01 AM

we are looking for a bar to go to Friday after a wedding. We need a place thats hip but not to loud or crazy like house music bc we will have some "older" people too. so some place fun where we can dance but not just full of 21 year olds.

1 Answer Aug 1, 2013 at 10:11 AM
    • leics's Profile Photo

First question.....daytrips?

by leics Online Now Jan 14, 2011 at 12:18 PM

I'd appreciate ideas for day trips out of New Haven.

I will almost certainly hire a car and am willing to drive up to 2.5/3 hours each way.

I'm also interested in potential daytrips by train, with a maximum journey time of around 2/2.5 hours each way.

I'm interested in almost everything except sport and shopping, but especially interested in historical sites and landscapes.

Thanks in advance for any ideas.

15 Answers Jan 18, 2011 at 11:55 AM
    • Is New Have pizza really that good?

by linkblue Online Now Aug 18, 2010 at 5:25 PM

Hello, I've been told that New Haven pizza rivals New York pizza. Does anyone agree? And does anyone know where are some places I should check out?

Thanks!

7 Answers Aug 19, 2010 at 5:39 AM
    • Sunday Brunch Buffet

by kenkahn Online Now Jan 22, 2010 at 12:36 PM

I'm be traveling to New Haven this Sunday from NY and am looking for a decent Sunday Brunch Buffet. It doesn't have to be exactly in New Haven but 'close'.

I can handle a price range of20-30 (but I'll accept less of course). I found one place, Sage American Grill & Oyster Bar, but it doesn't have a buffet.

Thanks...

4 Answers Jan 23, 2010 at 2:25 AM
    • travel time to newark airport

by bill06405 Online Now Feb 10, 2009 at 8:27 AM

I have to drive by car to the newark airport and arrive by 730pm for an international flight. What time should I leave New Haven?

1 Answer Feb 10, 2009 at 3:20 PM
    • mom and dad need help!

by leigh58 Online Now Jan 20, 2009 at 7:11 AM

we are the parents of a son who has been granted a live audition at the Opera Dept. of Yale!!!! we are so happy, but just 1 thing- we are from central illinois, the armpit of the nation. We know nothing of big city life and such. We 3 will be flying up and staying the weekend in February, wondering if it would be better to take a taxi around all weekend, of just rent a car at the airport? Isthere anything we must, or must NOT do? thank you!

4 Answers Jan 26, 2009 at 11:42 AM
    • samtin's Profile Photo

Picking up camping supplies in NEW HAVEN, CT area

by samtin Online Now Jun 7, 2008 at 6:47 AM

Hi
      We are driving up from Newark to New England for a camping holiday and we will be stopping off in New Haven on our first evening. We'll want to pick up camping supplies the following morning (headed for Burlingame State Park, RI) and wondered if anyone can tell me if there is a good store in the New Haven area for things like camping gas (for an MSR pocket rocket stove) and similar.

Also, which are the local supermarket chains in CT, RI, MA, etc. Do you have Albertsons, Safeway or others?

Many thanks,
      Sam from England

2 Answers Jun 23, 2008 at 1:03 PM
    • Accomodation?

by CaDeMi Online Now Jan 26, 2008 at 10:20 AM

Is there any affordable accomodation in New Haven, except for the Yale campus? How much are the rents, more or less?
      Thanks for your help!

1 Answer Feb 16, 2008 at 7:11 PM
    • Specific Shopping Names

by mammaw Online Now Aug 27, 2007 at 2:21 PM

I will be in Mystic, Connecticut as of Thursday, August30th, and would like a complete list of the shoppes in Olde Town Mystick. Also I would like to know if you have any Christian Book stores, and Health Food Stores in or very near Mystic. Thank you.

1 Answer Aug 27, 2007 at 2:44 PM
    • Rusty Scupper History

by GingerKaufman Online Now Mar 1, 2007 at 1:30 PM

I a interested in knowing what was the original menu vehicle for the Rustry Scupper restaurants.

1 Answer Mar 9, 2007 at 2:28 PM
    • Rusty Scupper History

by GingerKaufman Online Now Mar 1, 2007 at 12:19 PM

I a interested in knowing what was the original menu vehicle for the Rustry Scupper restaurants.

1 Answer Apr 10, 2007 at 5:59 AM
    • vmarjorie's Profile Photo

from station to campus

by vmarjorie Online Now May 30, 2006 at 3:22 AM

hey folks !
      is it walkable from the New Haven train station to Yale campus ? shall i take a bus ? I'm worried because I read a whole lot of awful things about the station area : am i really putting myself at risk if I come from NY after 8 or 9 PM ? thanks a lot

2 Answers Feb 5, 2007 at 6:57 AM
    • Breakfast Near Yale

by cat34 Online Now Oct 31, 2005 at 12:19 PM

Hello,
      Do any of you know a good place to have breakfast near the Yale Campus that can also accomodate a group (20-30 people)?
      Thanks!

1 Answer Apr 10, 2007 at 6:35 PM
    • emilesc's Profile Photo

Question about restaurants

by emilesc Online Now Aug 21, 2003 at 4:25 PM

I'm updating my New Haven pages and was wondering, because I haven't been there in over 10 years, is there still a buffalo wings place on Broadway? And is there still a Chinese restaurant on Crown? Can't remember the names, just that they were among my favorites.

5 Answers Aug 8, 2007 at 1:37 PM