Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

Popular New Caledonia Travel Answer Locations

• BronPoulton's Profile Photo

What to do

New Caledonia Mar 15, 2014 at 11:18 PM

I'm going on a cruise to some islands in New Caledonia in April. Just wondering what is fun and good to do with an 8 year old while on shore. I know there are shore tours organised by the cruise, but most of them are for older than 10yo and quite expensive. Any thoughts and suggestions please?

• Rough seas or not

New Caledonia Mar 15, 2014 at 3:51 AM

Hello, my family and I are thinking about a cruise to Pacific Islands mid January 2015. We have been told it is cyclone season and it is a very rough cruise. Has anyone travelled in January and how was it? thanks

2 Answers Mar 15, 2014 at 3:34 PM
    • Czechs or Slovaks on New Caledonia

New Caledonia Feb 17, 2014 at 10:33 AM

Hello, is there any Czechs or Slovaks on the New Caledonia in these days, especially in March?

1 Answer Feb 17, 2014 at 11:00 AM
    • Horse Riding

New Caledonia Jan 13, 2014 at 12:16 AM

Where is the best place to go horse riding for 2 experienced riders who would like to see the countryside, sometimes going faster than a walk?

• Sight seeing in Lifou

Lifou Jan 5, 2014 at 2:58 AM

We are in Lifou on 24 February 2014 arriving by Sun Princess at 10.00am and due to depart by 7.00 pm the same day. My wife and I would like to see the interesting things in Lifou and what can the local tour operator offer and how much would it cost for say half day tour for both of us.

2 Answers Jan 5, 2014 at 6:55 AM
    • New Years Eve - where to go?

New Caledonia Dec 24, 2013 at 11:10 PM

What is the best place for New Years Eve in Noumea?

• Are there fishing charters in Lifou???

Lifou Nov 25, 2013 at 7:02 PM

There are 5 of us travelling to Lifou for the first time and we would like to go fishing. Does anyone know of any fishing charters or locals that take people out fishing for the day or half a day? We will not have any fishing equipment with us. we would like to go reef fishing more than big game fishing/deep sea fishing. Would love some help. Even if you know the e-mail address for the tourism information centre there as the one I have does not seem to work.
      Thank you

2 Answers Nov 26, 2013 at 4:21 PM
    • Duck Island

New Caledonia Sep 3, 2013 at 4:01 PM

Worth a visit from a ship? We are there on a Monday when so much is closed...

2 Answers Sep 4, 2013 at 7:16 AM
    • ozpaul's Profile Photo

Ramada Hotel

Nouméa Jul 20, 2013 at 3:49 PM

I am thinking of staying at the Ramada Plaza Hotel in January. I will need to travel into the centre of Noumea each day. Is it possible to do this by bus? I don't mind a bit of a walk. Also, is the weather OK for a January visit? Thanks.

1 Answer Jul 20, 2013 at 4:00 PM
    • SarahH48's Profile Photo

homestay/ bed and breakfasts/gites

Nouméa Jul 7, 2013 at 5:44 AM

Is there such a thing as homestays or bed and breakfasts here? I am taking my 8 year old daughter there to immerse her in the French language- i can speak French quite well myself.I would like somewhere central and safe.

1 Answer Jul 7, 2013 at 7:27 AM
    • ScottForster's Profile Photo

A week waiting in Noumea

Nouméa May 21, 2013 at 6:31 PM

So I'll be hanging around Noumea for around a week waiting for a weather window to sail back to Australia. Looking for advice on things to do, places to eat such as cafes and bakeries and places to see before we haed off.

Cheers

Scott

• Tourist Attractions

New Caledonia May 4, 2013 at 3:16 PM

Must visit places in New Caledonia and the pricing of each place per person

3 Answers May 21, 2013 at 5:00 AM
    • Question title

Nouméa Mar 25, 2013 at 4:25 PM

taxi cost ex noumea international airport to le meridien noumea

• arriving from australia

New Caledonia Dec 5, 2012 at 3:21 AM

Hi we will arrive from Australia tomorrow
      wondered if there is a shuttle bus company anyone can recommend?
      I have heard the busses are difficult to take is this so?
      I also heard there was a bus from the airport we could take?

Should we just book with a private company? the cost I found online was approx 70 dollars for two of us one way?

Look forward to your feed back and any info on things to do and see while there!!!
      emm

2 Answers Dec 5, 2012 at 8:05 AM
    • PNO cruise first stop noumea

Nouméa Nov 10, 2012 at 5:55 PM

Going on a cruise on the 9th of jan and the first stop is noumea on the 12th of jan does anyone know or can help with what there is to do and see we arrive at 800 am and leaving at 530 in the afternoon. thankyou

1 Answer Nov 11, 2012 at 12:46 AM
    • KylieL's Profile Photo

New Years Eve in Noumea

New Caledonia Sep 24, 2012 at 12:11 AM

Looking for advice on where to go to dinner in Noumea on NYE? We love people watching and atmosphere, so the livelier the better. If there are fireworks, then perhaps somewhere with a vantage point? Doesn't really matter about cost. We are staying at Le Surf, so I guess somewhere nearer to there would be best. Thanks!

• i need some advice please !!

Lifou Jul 15, 2012 at 3:12 AM

hi, my family and i are travelling to lifou as a part of a p & o cruise next may.
      we want to hire a driver ( if this is possible ) and see some of the more " tourist" things but also i would love to hear about some queiter off the beaten track spots !!
      also one last request . . if there is a local school at all. my children are school age and i'd love to show them and take some supplies.

thanks

1 Answer Jul 15, 2012 at 4:52 AM
    • Mount Panier climbing difficulty and guides

New Caledonia Jul 12, 2012 at 10:02 PM

We are going to New Caledonia in September and are very keen to climb Mount Panier.
      However, we have been informed by the Hienghéne Tourist Office via email that we cannot climb it during September as there are no guides then. The confusing thing is various references on the web do not say you need to have a guide just that you need to have a permit from the Hienghéne Tourist Office.

Does anyone know what the situation is? And if there is a way to contact a company that has guides?

Also, one of our group has a bad back and we have found references to the climb being difficult. However, we can't find any clear explanation about the level of difficult, walking times and whether it requires scrambling or it is just steep. Can someone please help us! Thank you!

• CandS's Profile Photo

Volleyball?

New Caledonia Mar 9, 2012 at 1:37 PM

Can anyone tell me if there are any resorts in New Caledonia with volleyball facilities? Thanks!

3 Answers Mar 9, 2012 at 6:51 PM
    • New Caledonia in April 2012

New Caledonia Jan 22, 2012 at 4:33 PM

Hi,

I'm going to New Caledonia for 10 days in April 2012 (from the 1st to the 10th). I have to pass an exam on the 7th in Noumea but I'm planning to rent a car and have a good look around during my free time.

Since it's not very funny to travel alone, I'm looking for a "travelling companion". Is anybody interested?

Also a practical question: is it possible to rent some camping gears on the Island for 1 or 2 nights?

Cheers,
      Claire

• How far from Cruise terminal to Le Meridien Hotel

Nouméa Jan 15, 2012 at 9:30 PM

How far is the Le Meridien Hotel from where the Cruise ships dock.
      Is it close enough to catch a taxi cab.

1 Answer Feb 6, 2012 at 11:50 PM
    • Airport bus on Sundays

Nouméa Sep 8, 2011 at 5:57 PM

Hi all
      Just wondering if anyone could tell me if the Carsud airport bus (the 400F one) runs on Sundays. We'll be arriving about lunchtime.
      Cheers
      Paul

• Flight from Hanoi to Kone (NC)

New Caledonia May 10, 2011 at 11:55 PM

Hi friends,

Could any one advise me regarding the flight from Vietnam to NC (Kone)? Thanks a lot...

I think it will be from Hanoi-Singapore-Australia-NC-Kone?

• Enjoy weekend in Kone

New Caledonia May 8, 2011 at 2:49 AM

Hello friends,

Going to NC is my dream since I was a child. So lucky that I got an offer to work in NC. If everything is fine, I will be there in July. Does anyone here give me some advice: Where to go in 2 days since I have 2 days off per week.

I may live in Kone.

2 Answers May 10, 2011 at 11:17 PM
    • A day/evening in Noumea

Nouméa Mar 30, 2011 at 11:43 AM

We are visiting Noumea on a P&O Cruise from 3pm - 11pm and am interested to know if there are day tours the Escapade Island Resort and how do we get there and back.

2 Answers Mar 30, 2011 at 11:47 PM
    • lovinoz's Profile Photo

10-14 days in New Caledonia

New Caledonia Jan 22, 2011 at 7:25 AM

My husband and I are thinking about going to New Caledonia for 10-14 days in July / August 2011 to celebrate our anniversary. Any suggestions for an itinerary?

Our total budget is approx AUD7,000 ... incl flights from Adelaide ($1,800 return for both of us).

I would like at least 2 nights in a 5 star place ... but the rest is flexible. Rob's top priority is to see Isle of Pines. My top priorities is to see 'palm trees' on a beautiful beach and to go to the BEST snorkelling spots in NC. Do most places in NC offer scooter hire?

Thanks in advance for any advice ... :)

3 Answers Jan 26, 2011 at 9:19 AM
    • Accomodation needed

New Caledonia Nov 7, 2010 at 12:48 PM

Hey does any one know of anyone I could stay with or have cheap accommodation for me to stay in New Caledonia for a week dates are from Feb 19th to Feb 26th? I am traveling on a budget. Cheers Kiwi Girl....

2 Answers Nov 7, 2010 at 3:42 PM
    • Plan Trip to New Caledonia in August 10

New Caledonia May 4, 2010 at 4:06 AM

Is it possible to take a cruise ship from Sydney and drop us in New Caledonia. And return to Sydney in a week by the same cruise ship?

Our travel plan is in August 15th 2010.

Thank you and looking forward hearing from you.

2 Answers Jul 18, 2010 at 3:42 AM
    • Le Petit Train Noumea

Nouméa Jan 29, 2010 at 5:48 PM

Regarding Le Petit Train in Noumea. What is the frequency of the service on a sunday (cruise ship arrival). Also does the service permit one to get off and then catch the next one that comes along to allow for exploring different areas

Regards Peter

1 Answer Jan 29, 2010 at 6:44 PM
    • surfing

Lifou Jan 23, 2010 at 1:52 AM

We are going on a cruise & I want to surf on this island. Apparently there is a surf spot in the bay where the cruise ship stops. Do you any other info on this or any other spots on the island? Thanks Ian

1 Answer Feb 6, 2012 at 11:48 PM