New Brighton

change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• Havelock North or Napier

New Zealand Jul 2, 2015 at 4:28 AM

Wondered if best to stay in Havelock North or Napier for 2 nights on our way to Mt Manganui. Cheers Denise

more
    • leigh767's Profile Photo

Moving to Auckland! Help needed

Auckland Jun 5, 2015 at 10:14 PM

Hello all! I'm moving to Auckland in a few months! Very excited to be back in a beautiful city in a beautiful country. Have done some research for the move but I still have some questions related to administrative matters and would love input from VTers. For context, this won't be my first time living in a place that isn't my home country. In fact, quite the opposite. Been a nomad for a long time so just need to know the specifics for NZ for consideration. Thank you for any help you can offer!

1. Which bank is better to set up a savings account? The most important thing would be customer service and that online banking is available.
      2. Which credit cards are best to get/ should I consider getting? There are so many options; I tend to prefer those that help you accumulate miles or those that offer points which can then be converted into miles (no surprises there!)
      3. I hear that insulation isn't great in buildings. Other than wearing jackets indoors, any tricks to save on electricity/heating bills?

Thanks again!

more
    • te urewera national park

New Zealand Yesterday

Hi again, will be driving from Gisborne to Opotika via state highway 2. Could anyone tell me where we could stop for coffee/lunch.
      Cheers

more
    • Napier or Gisborne

New Zealand Jul 1, 2015 at 3:29 AM

Hi, where would be best for a few nights stay. Napier or Gisborne. Thanks Denise

more
    • Campervans and holiday parks

New Zealand Jun 8, 2015 at 4:26 PM

Having trouble finding evaluations of campsites. In USA have Woodall and good Sam guides. Are there any guides describing and evaluating holiday parks

more
    • Looking for a great place to live

by elgin Online Now May 15, 2008 at 6:21 PM

We want to move to New Brighton to live shortly and would like to know from people who live there where they would consider to be the most favourable spots to choose a home in and possibly any parts to avoid for any reason, eg boy racers, noise, flooding etc. We flatted by the beach in the 70's but it's so different now. Would apprieciate the locals advice.

3 Answers May 22, 2008 at 9:59 PM