New Brighton

change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• Need help for local information

Queenstown Apr 23, 2015 at 5:45 AM

1. where is the best place to buy wine and beer in queenstown, southland, westcoast, around picton?
      2. Are the supermarkets the same pricing for meat (beef, chicken beasts)? Which supermarket chain has the best deals?
      3. Is BBQ in NZ charcoal or electricity ? What do I need to buy if I want to do BBQ at my accomodation? For eg, BBQ utensils, butter? oil? seasoning? etc Do I hv to stock all these items up? What are the basic seasoning provided there?
      4. Is coffee provided at guesthouse, backpackers, hostels in the morning? I would like to hv coffee before I drive to wake up and need to get coffee somewhere if possible!

OR can someone tell me what are the things I hv to stock up at the supermarket before I start my road trip becos these items are not provided at any accomodation in NZ.

5. I intend to rent a car to stock up at a cheaper price for travel. I hv heard of fuel savings programme at supermarket in NZ and wonder what is this about?

6. Where can I buy bluff oysters if I am not intending to drive up to bluff. I would love to try local seafood, and so far I have only heard of bluff oysters. Can someone tell me more on what type of local seafood and fish I should buy and try at local supermarket? I heard NZ has lots of such good food and I am getting hungry reading alone! THANKS.

more
    • Travel Queenstown to Christchurch

Queenstown May 6, 2015 at 10:39 PM

We are planning to travel/drive from Queensland to Christchurch on 3 June 2015, taking the route highways 8, 83 and 1.
      Is this route okay at this time of the year?

more
    • Cruise Port

Fiordland National Park May 19, 2015 at 7:13 PM

Im going on a cruise from Sydney to Fiordland National Park. When the ship docks are there tours you can take from there?

more
    • Looking for a great place to live

by elgin Online Now May 15, 2008 at 6:21 PM

We want to move to New Brighton to live shortly and would like to know from people who live there where they would consider to be the most favourable spots to choose a home in and possibly any parts to avoid for any reason, eg boy racers, noise, flooding etc. We flatted by the beach in the 70's but it's so different now. Would apprieciate the locals advice.

3 Answers May 22, 2008 at 9:59 PM