New Bern Travel Answers

change location

travel to outer banks

by halls1218 Online Now Mar 13, 2013 at 11:42 PM

I am going to a wedding in Avon..in the outer banks but will be arriving a couple of days later than the other guests. I am looking into flying into new burn and taking a shuttle/ferry/any transportation to Avon. Is there anything like this that is affordable? Any advice is appreciated. Tanks.
Holly

Quote & Answer
2 Answers
  • annase's Profile Photo

Re: travel to outer banks

by annase Online Now Mar 14, 2013 at 4:17 AM

Hi Holly, unfortunately I'm not an expert on public transport in the area. I went to Outer Banks last August, but we had a private coach which was provided by the organisation I was travelling with. The surroundings in Outer Banks are absolutely lovely. However, it has been hardly hit by rising sea levels and some bridges in the area are in bad condition, especially near Oregon Inlet. You probably would not be going that far North, but it is just good to know that transportation may be affected from time to time because of the sea. To get to Outer Banks and move around there you may be better off by renting a car. Have you asked anyone how do the other guests get to Avon?

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • Re: travel to outer banks

by halls1218 Online Now Mar 14, 2013 at 1:11 PM

Yes everyone is driving. It's a week long destination wedding but one of my very good friends is getting married the day before memorial day...and this wedding in Avon is the day after. Everyone in Avon will be busy doing things so i dont want to ask anyone to drive to get me. I will consider renting a car if there is somewhere in the outer banks where i can return the vehicle...i will only need one for a day. I will prob just end up driving down Sat before and leaving Sat after memorial day, like everyone else. Was just hoping to make both work.

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines