Nevsehir Ili

change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• Design a custom made locket possibility

Istanbul Yesterday

Will be in Istanbul Turkey for 4 nights in 2016. A while back while walking on the beach I found a sanddollar about the size of a quarter. I've always wanted to find a locket with a clear (Glass) face that I could display the sanddollar in and wear. I wondered if it would be possible to have such a locket made while in Istanbul and if so where would I start to locate someone to design and make one for me.

more
    • The best place for swimming

Buyukada Aug 25, 2015 at 2:45 AM

Hi! Please, could you explain me how to reach the beach at Buyukada from Istanbul. We will take the ferry from Kabatas and we will arrive at the island center. So when we arrive where to go, how and which beach, or nearest?
      Thanks

more
    • The best place for swimming

Buyukada Aug 25, 2015 at 12:50 AM

Hi! Please, could you explain me how to reach the beach at Buyukada from Istanbul. We will take the ferry from Kabatas and we will arrive at the island center. So when we arrive where to go, how and which beach, or nearest?
      Thanks

more
    • Kadikoy Turkey

Turkey 5 hours ago

-is kadikoy balloon still there and how can i reach it
      - is there is any night life in kadikoy
      - mention type of activity we can do in kadikoy

more
    • WESTLAKE2252's Profile Photo

Mobile SIM cards

Antalya Aug 29, 2015 at 2:00 AM

Please could somebody inform me as to weather or not i can obtain a SIM card anywhere Near The Hotel Baia Lara.

more
    • Beach in Bursa

Bursa Aug 25, 2015 at 12:34 AM

We arrive in mid-September in Bursa. We book the hotel near Tuzpazan Cami for 4 nights. Please, could someone tell us whether there is a beach at seaside where we could go for a day to swim?
      Thank you in advance.

more
    • Gareth95's Profile Photo

First trip to Turkey - Izmir

Izmir Aug 22, 2015 at 7:41 AM

Hey !

This autumn i a going to visit Turkey and particularly Izmir, and the region around it. Also maybe i will visit Istanbul, too. I would like some information to ask.

I live in Athens , Greece.
      The transfer is possible by ship or by plane. I would like to recommend me websites where i can check all the possible prices and all of that information about the transportation from Athens to Izmir.

In Turkey i will stay about 2-3 weeks. Do I need a passport; I had read that the trip from Greece to Turkey needs only the ID. Is that true?

Also can someone tell me what papers should I have with me during my stay there.

The currency conversion from euro to Turkish lira where and how that can be done? In the airport where i am living or when i arrive at izmir?

Thanks!

more
    • Boat trip from akbuk

Akbuk Aug 21, 2015 at 3:21 AM

hi can anyone tell me if you can get a boat from akbuk to antalaya for the day and roughly how long it takes?
      Thanks

more
    • APRILMOE's Profile Photo

Couples who love to enjoy there vacation

Alanya Aug 14, 2015 at 9:03 AM

Wr are going to be in alanya on august 21. Se i and my wifr are looking for couples to hang out with. We love clubing very much too.

more
    • The best local hammam in Kemer

Kemer Aug 9, 2015 at 8:54 PM

Bonjour
      Quel conseil pour Un hammam local a Kemer agréable et qui ne ressemble pas a un SPA ?
      Merci
      Mimi

more
    • Blakium's Profile Photo

Haribo manufacture visit - Istanbul

Istanbul Aug 5, 2015 at 1:22 AM

Hi,

is it possible to visit Haribo manufacture in Istanbul? and if yes, can you please provide me with address and more details..

thanks

more
    • Best cell phone coverage

Trabzon Ili Aug 1, 2015 at 3:53 AM

I am planing to come to Trabzone , uzangol and Ayder . I am depending on google maps so what is the best cell phone coverage company in the area and what is the best plans for data for two weeks .

more
    • All inclsive hotel

Antalya 5 hours ago

What they mean by all inclusive booking while they mention down there dinner free only

more
    • Is Marmaris suitable for families?

Marmaris Aug 22, 2015 at 8:38 AM

Hi, I'm new to this site and I tried to post a Q earlier before I signed up. Now I can't seem to find it so apologies if this repeats what I asked before!

We are thinking about booking for next July and this will be our first time in Turkey. We are a family of 5, kids aged 13, 11 and 10. We have no idea which resort may suit us and are looking at Marmaris, icmeler and olu deniz.

We don't want anywhere rowdy with stag/hen type groups but want some life and atmosphere. We always go self catering so somewhere with lots of restaurants (that cater for fussy unadventurous kids!) and bars with some light child friendly entertainment.

Also, we like places with a variety of activities/sights to keep us amused.

Can anyone advise of a nice resort with a beach suitable for kids (ie shallow, calm water) that ticks these boxes??! Suggestions of other areas welcome too. We have no idea where to start!

Thanks in advance....

more
    • Planning a business trip to Antalya in september. Need a hotel. Any advice?

Antalya Aug 17, 2015 at 8:56 AM

Looking for a peaceful place close to the city center. Money not a problem.

more
    • Where to stay in Antalya?

Antalya Ili Aug 12, 2015 at 8:16 AM

Hey guys! I need a good place to stay in Antalya for just a few days with me and my GF. What would you recommend me? Actually we don't like to stay at the coast cause as usual it gets more expensive, too many drunk people making too much noise during the day and night time as well. We need a peaceful and calm place with a pool an better somewhere in the center of the city of Antalya. Any variants?

more
    • From airport ataturk to Gumruk Sk. (Galata palace Hotel)?

Istanbul Aug 28, 2015 at 5:21 AM

My hotel is Galata Palace Hotel and i am wondering how to reach it from the airport.
      I have seen the route havatas buses makes and it passes very near. Is it possibe to ask the driver to drop you off at that point or any other point rather than taksim square?
      thank you

more
    • Diamond of Bodrum

Bodrum Aug 13, 2015 at 6:00 AM

Do any of you travellers have somerhing to say about this hotel? My husband and I are 2 rookies going to Turkey in just a few weeks(can't wait) Any tips, hints or antything that could be helpful would be most welcome

more
    • roamer61's Profile Photo

First Trip to Turkey

Turkey Aug 3, 2015 at 7:29 AM

Hello once more. I am leaning more toward an all Turkey trip now other than a Greece-Turkey combo as previously posted. Though, that's still on the table.
      What I want to ask is opinions on the West (Aegean) versus the Central. The west of course has all the great Greco/Roman sites while the Central has the capital of Ankara, Cappadocia and the Hittite sites.

Of course, the final decision would be solely up to me, all comments are welcome.
      The only additional tidbit I can provide is trip would be 11 days.

more
    • NadineC3's Profile Photo

Alone to Marmaris

Marmaris Aug 9, 2015 at 1:18 AM

Hi smile emoticon
      I decided to come to the beautiful Marmaris ALONE end of August for 7 days, and i'm so excited.
      The travel agency booked me at Selen 2 Icemeler, I am not looking for luxury, just a bed to sleep.
      So since it's my first time, and since i'll be by myself, I really need your help to make a good plan.
      I like to go to places that local love, not touristic and not commercial, i also like old towns, bazaars, and dancing.
      Of course cruises, and beaches too.
      Thank you for your help smile emoticon
      Nadine

more
    • public transportation

Istanbul Aug 16, 2015 at 6:45 PM

Is it a good idea to take a bus or other form of public transportation to our hotel from the airport. We are staying at the Hotel Empress located at Akbiyik Cad.10. We arrive at IST at 5:00 pm on a Sunday.

more
    • Aegean base for 3-4 days: Bodorum, Marmaris, or Fethiye?

Turkey Aug 14, 2015 at 11:38 AM

I’m traveling with two smart curious girls, ages 13 and 16. We take the overnight train from Istanbul getting into Izmir at 9AM on a Tuesday. The following Sunday we’ll take the ferry to Rhodes from Bodorum, Marmaris, or Fethiye.

We know we want to see Ephesus either the afternoon we arrive or the next morning. (How much better is it to start early to—in theory—avoid the crowds?) That means one or two nights in Selcuk or nearby.

Then we want to base ourselves in one town. And my main question is what are the benefits from being based in Bodorum, Marmaris, or Fethiye (to make getting on the ferry easy) or perhaps a smaller town?

I don’t think we’ll have a car for the whole time. We’re happy to take the buses and minibuses when it works. But we might rent one (or hire a driver) for a day or two.

Our ideal trip would mix seeing some more ancient sites, a bit of nice countryside/geography, and a museum or two. We like to explore interesting towns that are not totally overrun by cruise passengers and package tourists. We may spend a bit of time at the beach, but we’ve got a lot of beach time in Rhodes.

As for antiquities, how would you rank the relative interest of Pergamum, Aphrodisias, Priene, Miletus, Didyma, Xanthos, and whatever I’m missing in this general area?

Thanks for your advice
      Saul

more
    • Any recommendations for hygienic Turkish baths? Any must see places to visit on the Asia side?

Istanbul Aug 9, 2015 at 9:42 AM

Hi,

Going to Istanbul at the end of August. Has anyone been to a Turkish bath? Any recommendations/tips? Also, we would like to check out the Asia side but unfortunately not many forums speak much of it. What is a must see in Asia? It could even be a shop or colorful place to take photos, etc. Doesn't have to be something super touristy. Anything at all. Thanks in advance!

more
    • Distance from Ovacik to Hisaronu

Ovacik Aug 19, 2015 at 7:47 AM

We will be staying at the Celay Hotel in Ovacik and going to a wedding at St Nicholas Heights Hotel in Hisaronu, and wondered how far they are apart, are they walkable and what would a taxi cost between the 2,
      Many thanks, in advance,
      Adrian

more
    • roamer61's Profile Photo

Tours or not

Istanbul Aug 19, 2015 at 8:17 AM

As I am considering Istanbul for next year, I would like to know if one should book a tour or series of tours or, if one can visit the city independently as one would do in Europe?

more

Popular Nevsehir Ili Travel Answer Locations

• goreme - any motorbike experieneces??

Goreme Apr 30, 2015 at 3:19 PM

Hi folks, i intend to rwnk a bike with side buggie for GOreme - Urgup - Avanoa route,, may be go further till mustapasa as well. i have a few questiona
      1 . Where would I get the bike and approx rent plz :)i know funny Q.
      2. Hows the track, I d b following the route in manner I mentioned the names.
      3. From avanoa to goreme, I want to come via red valley and love valley, would it be possible?.
      4. How much time would it all consume plz?
      5. Hows weather in May, I hope not chilly, and hows the track condition, I hope not bumpy...
      waiting...

3 Answers Apr 30, 2015 at 5:39 PM
    • goreme----need a hotel plz

Goreme Apr 14, 2015 at 9:22 AM

Need to find a decent Cave Hotel / guestroom at Cappaducia, which must have private bath, may be jacuzzi, pool etc and must be located Goreme please. I LL be staying from 3-5 may with my wife n kid... My budget is around 40-50 USD per night

16 Answers May 1, 2015 at 11:21 AM
    • going with a toddler

Goreme Feb 12, 2015 at 7:38 AM

hi, i'm going to cappadocia turkey in march with a 2 yr old toddler. Can anyone suggest suitable activities for us?

5 Answers Apr 30, 2015 at 3:11 PM
    • tracyskf's Profile Photo

3 full days in Goreme

Goreme Nov 9, 2014 at 9:17 AM

I have 3 full days in Goreme, and I have:

- booked a full day Green tour

- booked a balloon flight and plan to do own walking to Open air museum and panoramic view point after balloon ride

- suggestions for the 3rd day please (looking for some interesting DIY and not join Blue/Red tour). I do not have a car so let me know if walkable or public transport tips would be helpful

Thanks!

3 Answers Nov 9, 2014 at 9:38 PM

Hot air balloon

Nevsehir Nov 9, 2014 at 9:13 AM

I have booked my hot air balloon ride around 3rd week of October - what is generally the weather going to be? I have some mixed reviews on possible gloomy weather in October hence it might not be a great view....

Appreciate if someone can share a recent experience or for similar timing....

Will it be extremely cold "up" there compared than the ground? Let me know any specific things to take note off. Many thanks!

3 Answers Nov 12, 2014 at 1:47 AM
    • A few days in Cappadocia?

Nevsehir Sep 30, 2014 at 5:15 PM

Hello,

Can someone suggest the best way to spend 3-4 days in Cappadocia in October? I plan to rent a car.
      Does it matter to what airport to fly in from Istambul?
      Where to stay? Gorem? Does it make sense to stay 1-2 nights in Gorem and another night at another town?
      How many days to stay? 3 or 4 (or 2 or 5?)
      What places to go to and in what order?

10 Answers Oct 10, 2014 at 1:22 AM
    • Clothing for climbing mount Ararat

Goreme Aug 16, 2014 at 11:34 AM

where to buy trekking gear luggage got lost on a flight

4 Answers Sep 3, 2014 at 1:43 PM
    • airport transport

Goreme Aug 10, 2014 at 11:47 AM

any recommendations for airport transportation from Kayseri airport to Goreme?
      how long would it take?
      approximately how much will it cost?

1 Answer Aug 11, 2014 at 3:54 AM
    • Rent a car

Goreme Jul 30, 2014 at 11:20 AM

Hi, i'd like to know: is it better to rent a car before arriving Göreme? I'll be there in august. Or is it cheaper to rent it once i'm there?
      Thank you very much

2 Answers Aug 1, 2014 at 6:53 AM

Reliable car rental for a couple of days

Nevsehir Jul 28, 2014 at 12:39 PM

I have searched online and gone though various sites / forums but unable to find a good review and recommendation on car rental companies from Nevsehir airport.

Does anyone have good recommendation and experience to share?

4 Answers Jul 28, 2014 at 9:53 PM
    • flying_dolphin7's Profile Photo

Buying bus ticket on line - problem ?

Goreme Jul 24, 2014 at 11:17 PM

Good day all ;)

My friend and i facing same problem buying bus ticket on line.
      We tried several bus ticket webiste, get the ticket from Istanbut to Goreme, however when there's last step payment transaction, it's always " error occured". ( Both of us are from different country)

I would like to know does anyone have this problem before ? How to solve it?
      if we didnt buy ticket on line , we are worried we uanble to the get avaiable while we at Istanbul.

Thanks in advance for your advise.

Christine

5 Answers Jul 25, 2014 at 6:53 AM

3 full days

Goreme Jul 15, 2014 at 10:07 PM

I am arriving on a Tuesday night, departing on Saturday early morning. So I have 3 full days - this is in November.

- Is it good time for balloon tour? Any recommendation on company or just book with the hotel?

- I am flying into Nevsehir - is it better to rent a car? There will be 2 of us, and would like to do sightseeing and hiking. If we do rent a car, is it easy to drive around?

- Recommendations on how to maximise the full 3 days please.

Thanks. :)

4 Answers Jul 17, 2014 at 11:56 AM
    • getting around

Goreme Jul 9, 2014 at 4:29 PM

I don't like to drive.
      are the sites in Goreme walkable?
      I heard there are hiking routes.
      To reach them, do you need to hire a driver or join a tour?

7 Answers Jul 10, 2014 at 11:58 PM
    • Mahlika's Profile Photo

Which tour to take

Goreme May 19, 2014 at 7:52 AM

Hi. im spending two days in cappadocia in june. I would like to book a day tour. The tours that i have seen so far are 60 Euros per person. is this a price worth it? Please advise me on more tour operators i can enquire with. Also, should i take a tour going to ihlara valley, or rather a tour to rose valley and pasabag. I will be staying in Goreme.

10 Answers May 20, 2014 at 1:42 AM
    • Kayseri to Goreme

Goreme Apr 1, 2014 at 11:29 PM

Our flight arrives at 20.30 in Kayseri, what is the most economical way of getting to our hostel in Goreme?
      Thanks in advance

10 Answers Apr 6, 2014 at 11:33 AM
    • Annali-Floris's Profile Photo

Turkish Dancing at Art Cafe?

Goreme Jan 27, 2014 at 6:54 AM

Hi!

Do they still have the barbecue and dancing at night at the Art Cafe in Uchisar?

If so, is it turkish dancing?

Annali

• Poling's Profile Photo

Goreme & Urgup

Goreme Jan 11, 2014 at 6:01 PM

In Cappadocia I will stay 2 nights in a Cave room and then 2 other days in ordinary pension.
      1. Should I then spend 2 days in Goreme and then another 2 days in Urgup? Or all my time in Urgup instead of Goreme as I heard Urgup is less touristic?
      2. Is the Red/Green/Blue tours and Balloon package same as those arranged in Goreme?
      3. Is transport from Neveshir airport to Urgup similar to Goreme? (I am charged about 25TL for the pick-up from Neveshir to Goreme.)
      4. Any recommendation of accommodation for my stay in Urgup?
      Thanks.

12 Answers Jan 14, 2014 at 6:33 PM
    • BUS TO AIRPORT

Nevsehir Sep 28, 2013 at 6:50 AM

TIMES OF BUS TO AIRPORT

1 Answer Sep 29, 2013 at 2:47 AM
    • Istanbul (Ataturk) to Goreme

Goreme Jul 26, 2013 at 10:43 AM

hi.. i am looking at overnight buses and trains to Goreme in late August 2013. I understand there is some construction going on at Istanbul train station and we would have to travel to Eskisehir first? Any advice on the route a solo traveller should take?

4 Answers Jul 27, 2013 at 1:05 PM
    • Annali-Floris's Profile Photo

Bus from Goreme to Antalya

Goreme Jul 25, 2013 at 3:47 AM

Hi guys

We are still busy planning our trip for next year June.

Will we be able to get a bus from Goreme to Antalya? And also, do they run every day/night from Goreme?

Annali

19 Answers Jul 29, 2013 at 11:37 AM
    • greencargirl's Profile Photo

private driver recommendation?

Goreme May 27, 2013 at 10:26 AM

Hi everyone,
      We are looking to hire a driver to pick us up (and return us) to the Kayseri airport, as well as taking us to several sites around the Cappadocia area for one full day (early morning to evening.) If anyone has used a private driver, can you suggest them? Alternatively, I am thinking we might rent a car, though I'm not sure about driving in that area. I'm not so good with narrow winding roads :)

Thank you for any suggestions!

1 Answer May 31, 2013 at 8:28 AM
    • greencargirl's Profile Photo

Driver for hire (recommendation?) or tour?

Nevsehir May 26, 2013 at 8:52 PM

Hello All,

We'll fly to Kayseri airport early in the morning (July), returning to Istanbul the same night, and are hoping to either find a tour or hire an all-day taxi or private driver to help us tour the Cappadocia area.

Any suggestions? Is there a public transportation option for doing this in case we can't hire a driver? Many thanks in advance.

• mariat31's Profile Photo

visiting Göreme in December

Goreme Nov 4, 2012 at 11:05 AM

Hi there,
      My husband and I are planning to visit Goreme in December this year. We are thinking to stay for 4-5 days but haven't booked anything yet. We are very keen to hike there but I assume we would need to hire a guide or join a group tour considering the time of year.
      Maybe somebody traveled there in winter time and can recommend activities or a tour operator.
      It would be great if you let me know about your experience visiting Cappadocia in winter.
      We also searching for accommodation - something simple but warm.
      Big thank you.

2 Answers Nov 5, 2012 at 1:37 AM
    • Bus Station in Nevsehir and touts

Nevsehir Ili Oct 7, 2012 at 1:18 PM

I understand that tourists are targeted at the Nevsehir bus station. We are traveling next week on overnight bus from Antayla. We have hotel reservations and tours already booked in Urgup. When the bus arrives in Nevsehir, do I stay on the bus to Urgup, or do I have to transfer? Any helpful tips from someone who has done this recently would be appreciated. Would I be transferring to a smaller mini bus? Who would be reliable to ask for info there if needed (I understand that often the bus companies are "in" with the pushy touts. Thank you

3 Answers Oct 15, 2012 at 7:09 AM
    • smurff's Profile Photo

Hot Ballons Charges Rate at Goreme (Cappodocia)

Goreme Sep 13, 2012 at 12:18 AM

Hello Friends,

seeking your advice on Hot Ballon at Cappodocia(Goreme).
      Do you what is the best affordable rate i can get ..
      i read in internet - 150 Euro for 1 hour..
      i am looking for a cheaper rate, do u have any idea or any agency name handling this

Thanks..

Cheers
      cameelia2007@yahoo.com

6 Answers May 31, 2013 at 5:55 PM
    • rbdoshi's Profile Photo

Necessary to prebook hot air baloon?

Goreme May 29, 2012 at 4:55 AM

Hi All,

Can some one please tell me if it is necessary to book a hot air baloon ride in advance? I am visiting capadoccia for 2 days in June and was planning to book it upon arrival.

Please help me with this.

Thanks.

6 Answers Jun 1, 2012 at 10:42 AM
    • rbdoshi's Profile Photo

Underground cities

Goreme May 28, 2012 at 8:41 AM

Hi All,

I am visiting Capadoccia in June and was planning to visit one of the underground cities.

Can someone please tell me,

1) which is preferable among Kaymakli and Derinkuyu

2) If I visit it by minibus approximatley how much time will it take me to explore the site and comeback to Goreme?

3) How much are the entry fees?

Thanks so much in advance for all the help.

Cheers!!

1 Answer Jun 1, 2012 at 10:52 AM
    • sandranunes's Profile Photo

Goreme to Pamukkale last minute question

Goreme Apr 3, 2012 at 12:27 PM

Hi everyone,
      We are going from Goreme to Pamukkale in two days. There are 4 bus companies here to choose. Has anyone had a bad experience with any of them? Their prices are the sane, my concern is with the level of comfort.
      Any last minute input?
      Thanks!

• best stop for 1 nights between Pamukkale and Goreme

Goreme Jan 16, 2012 at 9:51 PM

Hi, travelling with 2 kids this March and will be needing to bus it from Pamukkale to Goreme. We need an overnight stop on the way but I am not all that keen on Konya (accomodation long way from bus terminal, big city etc). Could anyone suggest an alternative. 6 hours on a bus is about the max for us!!

3 Answers Jan 19, 2012 at 10:07 AM
    • I need some help to get to Cappadocia

Nevsehir Jan 11, 2012 at 11:42 AM

Hi everybody,

Can someone tell me how to get from Ankara to Cappadocia? I know there is a buss but only until Nevsehir, what should I do after?
      Also, which buss company is preferable to take and approximate how much the ticket cost?
      And the last question, how much will cost to fly with a balloon in Cappadocia? (just curious)

Thanks,
      Adriana

4 Answers Dec 14, 2013 at 2:03 PM