change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• Monnix's Profile Photo

December 2014

Istanbul Dec 21, 2014 at 5:58 AM

I will be in Istanbul for NYE. Anybody care to meet up?

more
    • Tralveling in Winter

Cesme Dec 8, 2014 at 12:50 PM

I am coming to Cesme in December to see a friend that lives there.. I know it is very quiet at that time but is there anything I can do there? I have only been there in the winter.

more
    • hamgirl's Profile Photo

Budget way to travel from/to different airports to hotel

Istanbul Dec 3, 2014 at 3:48 AM

Hello all,

We have booked a Room in Yunus Emre Hotel from 26.12.14 - 31.12.14.

We are arriving at Istanbul (S.Gokcen airport) by Pegasus Airlines and leaving on 31 December from Istanbul - Atatürk airport by Turkish Airlines.

What is the budget way to travel from/to both the airports to the hotel.What will be one way cost for the transfers?Any websites?Is advanced booking needed?

Thankyou very much in advance.

more
    • HORSCHECK's Profile Photo

Minibus connections from Kars to Rize and into Georgia

Kars Dec 13, 2014 at 8:50 AM

Hello,

I am thinking about visiting north-eastern Turkey before heading off to Georgia. Does anyone have any ideas about the following connections by public transport (e.g. minibus). I am especially interested to hear about the frequency and length of the trips.

Trabzon - Rize
      Rize - Kars
      Kars - into Georgia (via Ardahan?)

Any help is much appreciated.

more
    • alisa123's Profile Photo

christal tower hotel alanya!!

Alanya Dec 8, 2014 at 2:04 AM

hey, anyone who knows about this hotel and east beach near the hotel??
      I would like to travel to Alanya next summer, but need some help.

more
    • Flat Rental in Bursa

Bursa Dec 3, 2014 at 1:54 PM

Anyone has any ideas how to find a cheap small flat for 2 people in Bursa for 6 months - 1 year? It seems that nobody speaks English in Bursa, in the same time we don't speak Turskish.
      We will appreciate any help with information.

more
    • sports activities in adana

Adana Nov 30, 2014 at 5:13 PM

I am planinng to visit Adana soon in Decembe and I am looking for sports activities to do e.g.sking ,kayaking climbing ...
      Where is the best places?
      Where is the nearest skiing resort from Adana ?
      Is there any special company offer packages for this kind of activities and how we can contact them?
      Thank you all

more
    • Indian restaurant

Antalya Dec 6, 2014 at 1:20 PM

Is there any Indian restaurant in Antalya? I am DYING to eat chicken beryani..

more
    • Hotel in advance

Bursa Dec 5, 2014 at 11:52 AM

Is it necessary to book a hotel in bursa? I am afraid that upon arriving the rooms are no longer available. Very appreciate the answers. Thanks! :)

more
    • hamgirl's Profile Photo

Budget way to travel from/to the airport to the Keskin Pension

Antalya Dec 3, 2014 at 3:23 AM

Helllo all,

We have booked a Room in Keskin Pension(Kaleiçi, Kılıçarslan mah. Hıdırlık sokak no: 35 Muratpaşa/Antalya) from 18.12.14 - 22.12.14.

What is the budget way to travel from/to the airport to the hotel.What will be one way/return cost for the transfers?Any websites?Is advanced booking needed?

Thankyou very much in advance.

more
    • rent phone and 3g wifi

Istanbul Dec 2, 2014 at 12:12 AM

where can find rent a phone in istanbul?

more
    • MardinaN's Profile Photo

8 days in Istanbul

Istanbul Dec 21, 2014 at 6:29 AM

Hi All

I will be in Istanbul from 1 January to 9th January

Can someone please advise what are the best things to do and if 9 days are too much

Also please advise of the weather during that period

Thanking you

more
    • snasima's Profile Photo

near new year

Istanbul Dec 2, 2014 at 3:39 AM

my friends and I have decided to go on a trip for 3 nights, and this 4 days are exactly before Christmas, I mean 22-25 of Dec. and our main goal is to get familiar with customs of new year in turkey for Christians. so I want to know which city can introduce this customs better to us Istanbul or Izmir?

more
    • tracyskf's Profile Photo

3 full days in Goreme

Goreme Nov 9, 2014 at 9:17 AM

I have 3 full days in Goreme, and I have:

- booked a full day Green tour

- booked a balloon flight and plan to do own walking to Open air museum and panoramic view point after balloon ride

- suggestions for the 3rd day please (looking for some interesting DIY and not join Blue/Red tour). I do not have a car so let me know if walkable or public transport tips would be helpful

Thanks!

3 Answers Nov 9, 2014 at 9:38 PM

Hot air balloon

Nevsehir Nov 9, 2014 at 9:13 AM

I have booked my hot air balloon ride around 3rd week of October - what is generally the weather going to be? I have some mixed reviews on possible gloomy weather in October hence it might not be a great view....

Appreciate if someone can share a recent experience or for similar timing....

Will it be extremely cold "up" there compared than the ground? Let me know any specific things to take note off. Many thanks!

3 Answers Nov 12, 2014 at 1:47 AM
    • A few days in Cappadocia?

Nevsehir Sep 30, 2014 at 5:15 PM

Hello,

Can someone suggest the best way to spend 3-4 days in Cappadocia in October? I plan to rent a car.
      Does it matter to what airport to fly in from Istambul?
      Where to stay? Gorem? Does it make sense to stay 1-2 nights in Gorem and another night at another town?
      How many days to stay? 3 or 4 (or 2 or 5?)
      What places to go to and in what order?

10 Answers Oct 10, 2014 at 1:22 AM
    • Clothing for climbing mount Ararat

Goreme Aug 16, 2014 at 11:34 AM

where to buy trekking gear luggage got lost on a flight

4 Answers Sep 3, 2014 at 1:43 PM
    • airport transport

Goreme Aug 10, 2014 at 11:47 AM

any recommendations for airport transportation from Kayseri airport to Goreme?
      how long would it take?
      approximately how much will it cost?

1 Answer Aug 11, 2014 at 3:54 AM
    • Rent a car

Goreme Jul 30, 2014 at 11:20 AM

Hi, i'd like to know: is it better to rent a car before arriving Göreme? I'll be there in august. Or is it cheaper to rent it once i'm there?
      Thank you very much

2 Answers Aug 1, 2014 at 6:53 AM

Reliable car rental for a couple of days

Nevsehir Jul 28, 2014 at 12:39 PM

I have searched online and gone though various sites / forums but unable to find a good review and recommendation on car rental companies from Nevsehir airport.

Does anyone have good recommendation and experience to share?

4 Answers Jul 28, 2014 at 9:53 PM
    • flying_dolphin7's Profile Photo

Buying bus ticket on line - problem ?

Goreme Jul 24, 2014 at 11:17 PM

Good day all ;)

My friend and i facing same problem buying bus ticket on line.
      We tried several bus ticket webiste, get the ticket from Istanbut to Goreme, however when there's last step payment transaction, it's always " error occured". ( Both of us are from different country)

I would like to know does anyone have this problem before ? How to solve it?
      if we didnt buy ticket on line , we are worried we uanble to the get avaiable while we at Istanbul.

Thanks in advance for your advise.

Christine

5 Answers Jul 25, 2014 at 6:53 AM

3 full days

Goreme Jul 15, 2014 at 10:07 PM

I am arriving on a Tuesday night, departing on Saturday early morning. So I have 3 full days - this is in November.

- Is it good time for balloon tour? Any recommendation on company or just book with the hotel?

- I am flying into Nevsehir - is it better to rent a car? There will be 2 of us, and would like to do sightseeing and hiking. If we do rent a car, is it easy to drive around?

- Recommendations on how to maximise the full 3 days please.

Thanks. :)

4 Answers Jul 17, 2014 at 11:56 AM
    • getting around

Goreme Jul 9, 2014 at 4:29 PM

I don't like to drive.
      are the sites in Goreme walkable?
      I heard there are hiking routes.
      To reach them, do you need to hire a driver or join a tour?

7 Answers Jul 10, 2014 at 11:58 PM
    • Mahlika's Profile Photo

Which tour to take

Goreme May 19, 2014 at 7:52 AM

Hi. im spending two days in cappadocia in june. I would like to book a day tour. The tours that i have seen so far are 60 Euros per person. is this a price worth it? Please advise me on more tour operators i can enquire with. Also, should i take a tour going to ihlara valley, or rather a tour to rose valley and pasabag. I will be staying in Goreme.

10 Answers May 20, 2014 at 1:42 AM
    • Kayseri to Goreme

Goreme Apr 1, 2014 at 11:29 PM

Our flight arrives at 20.30 in Kayseri, what is the most economical way of getting to our hostel in Goreme?
      Thanks in advance

10 Answers Apr 6, 2014 at 11:33 AM
    • Annali-Floris's Profile Photo

Turkish Dancing at Art Cafe?

Goreme Jan 27, 2014 at 6:54 AM

Hi!

Do they still have the barbecue and dancing at night at the Art Cafe in Uchisar?

If so, is it turkish dancing?

Annali

• Poling's Profile Photo

Goreme & Urgup

Goreme Jan 11, 2014 at 6:01 PM

In Cappadocia I will stay 2 nights in a Cave room and then 2 other days in ordinary pension.
      1. Should I then spend 2 days in Goreme and then another 2 days in Urgup? Or all my time in Urgup instead of Goreme as I heard Urgup is less touristic?
      2. Is the Red/Green/Blue tours and Balloon package same as those arranged in Goreme?
      3. Is transport from Neveshir airport to Urgup similar to Goreme? (I am charged about 25TL for the pick-up from Neveshir to Goreme.)
      4. Any recommendation of accommodation for my stay in Urgup?
      Thanks.

12 Answers Jan 14, 2014 at 6:33 PM
    • BUS TO AIRPORT

Nevsehir Sep 28, 2013 at 6:50 AM

TIMES OF BUS TO AIRPORT

1 Answer Sep 29, 2013 at 2:47 AM
    • Istanbul (Ataturk) to Goreme

Goreme Jul 26, 2013 at 10:43 AM

hi.. i am looking at overnight buses and trains to Goreme in late August 2013. I understand there is some construction going on at Istanbul train station and we would have to travel to Eskisehir first? Any advice on the route a solo traveller should take?

4 Answers Jul 27, 2013 at 1:05 PM
    • Annali-Floris's Profile Photo

Bus from Goreme to Antalya

Goreme Jul 25, 2013 at 3:47 AM

Hi guys

We are still busy planning our trip for next year June.

Will we be able to get a bus from Goreme to Antalya? And also, do they run every day/night from Goreme?

Annali

19 Answers Jul 29, 2013 at 11:37 AM
    • greencargirl's Profile Photo

private driver recommendation?

Goreme May 27, 2013 at 10:26 AM

Hi everyone,
      We are looking to hire a driver to pick us up (and return us) to the Kayseri airport, as well as taking us to several sites around the Cappadocia area for one full day (early morning to evening.) If anyone has used a private driver, can you suggest them? Alternatively, I am thinking we might rent a car, though I'm not sure about driving in that area. I'm not so good with narrow winding roads :)

Thank you for any suggestions!

1 Answer May 31, 2013 at 8:28 AM
    • greencargirl's Profile Photo

Driver for hire (recommendation?) or tour?

Nevsehir May 26, 2013 at 8:52 PM

Hello All,

We'll fly to Kayseri airport early in the morning (July), returning to Istanbul the same night, and are hoping to either find a tour or hire an all-day taxi or private driver to help us tour the Cappadocia area.

Any suggestions? Is there a public transportation option for doing this in case we can't hire a driver? Many thanks in advance.

• mariat31's Profile Photo

visiting Göreme in December

Goreme Nov 4, 2012 at 11:05 AM

Hi there,
      My husband and I are planning to visit Goreme in December this year. We are thinking to stay for 4-5 days but haven't booked anything yet. We are very keen to hike there but I assume we would need to hire a guide or join a group tour considering the time of year.
      Maybe somebody traveled there in winter time and can recommend activities or a tour operator.
      It would be great if you let me know about your experience visiting Cappadocia in winter.
      We also searching for accommodation - something simple but warm.
      Big thank you.

2 Answers Nov 5, 2012 at 1:37 AM
    • Bus Station in Nevsehir and touts

Nevsehir Ili Oct 7, 2012 at 1:18 PM

I understand that tourists are targeted at the Nevsehir bus station. We are traveling next week on overnight bus from Antayla. We have hotel reservations and tours already booked in Urgup. When the bus arrives in Nevsehir, do I stay on the bus to Urgup, or do I have to transfer? Any helpful tips from someone who has done this recently would be appreciated. Would I be transferring to a smaller mini bus? Who would be reliable to ask for info there if needed (I understand that often the bus companies are "in" with the pushy touts. Thank you

3 Answers Oct 15, 2012 at 7:09 AM
    • smurff's Profile Photo

Hot Ballons Charges Rate at Goreme (Cappodocia)

Goreme Sep 13, 2012 at 12:18 AM

Hello Friends,

seeking your advice on Hot Ballon at Cappodocia(Goreme).
      Do you what is the best affordable rate i can get ..
      i read in internet - 150 Euro for 1 hour..
      i am looking for a cheaper rate, do u have any idea or any agency name handling this

Thanks..

Cheers
      cameelia2007@yahoo.com

6 Answers May 31, 2013 at 5:55 PM
    • rbdoshi's Profile Photo

Necessary to prebook hot air baloon?

Goreme May 29, 2012 at 4:55 AM

Hi All,

Can some one please tell me if it is necessary to book a hot air baloon ride in advance? I am visiting capadoccia for 2 days in June and was planning to book it upon arrival.

Please help me with this.

Thanks.

6 Answers Jun 1, 2012 at 10:42 AM
    • rbdoshi's Profile Photo

Underground cities

Goreme May 28, 2012 at 8:41 AM

Hi All,

I am visiting Capadoccia in June and was planning to visit one of the underground cities.

Can someone please tell me,

1) which is preferable among Kaymakli and Derinkuyu

2) If I visit it by minibus approximatley how much time will it take me to explore the site and comeback to Goreme?

3) How much are the entry fees?

Thanks so much in advance for all the help.

Cheers!!

1 Answer Jun 1, 2012 at 10:52 AM
    • sandranunes's Profile Photo

Goreme to Pamukkale last minute question

Goreme Apr 3, 2012 at 12:27 PM

Hi everyone,
      We are going from Goreme to Pamukkale in two days. There are 4 bus companies here to choose. Has anyone had a bad experience with any of them? Their prices are the sane, my concern is with the level of comfort.
      Any last minute input?
      Thanks!

• best stop for 1 nights between Pamukkale and Goreme

Goreme Jan 16, 2012 at 9:51 PM

Hi, travelling with 2 kids this March and will be needing to bus it from Pamukkale to Goreme. We need an overnight stop on the way but I am not all that keen on Konya (accomodation long way from bus terminal, big city etc). Could anyone suggest an alternative. 6 hours on a bus is about the max for us!!

3 Answers Jan 19, 2012 at 10:07 AM
    • I need some help to get to Cappadocia

Nevsehir Jan 11, 2012 at 11:42 AM

Hi everybody,

Can someone tell me how to get from Ankara to Cappadocia? I know there is a buss but only until Nevsehir, what should I do after?
      Also, which buss company is preferable to take and approximate how much the ticket cost?
      And the last question, how much will cost to fly with a balloon in Cappadocia? (just curious)

Thanks,
      Adriana

4 Answers Dec 14, 2013 at 2:03 PM
    • Goreme to Olympos by bus?

Goreme Dec 13, 2011 at 1:04 PM

Hi all, is someone able to tell me my options for traveling from Cappadocia (most conveniently Goreme) to Olympos? Either a whole day of traveling or by overnight bus? I am hoping I don't have to change in Antalya as I've spent time there before and was hoping to bypass on this trip. Also if you have any idea of the price, that would be a great help.

2 Answers Dec 14, 2011 at 7:29 AM
    • Drive at night

Goreme Nov 30, 2011 at 11:05 PM

We are considering to rent a car and pick up at Kayseri airport at about 20:00. Then, we will drive to Goreme where our hotel is located. I understand that it will become dark at that time. Is it safe and easy for us to find the route to Goreme? Any advice and comment is most welcomed.

8 Answers Dec 3, 2011 at 2:59 PM
    • Car Hire

Goreme Nov 29, 2011 at 1:32 AM

I wish to rent a car (without driver) for 2 days in Goreme. Can any VT members recommend to me a reliable and cheap car rental company? Thanks.

4 Answers Dec 13, 2011 at 9:42 PM