change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• tracyskf's Profile Photo

3 full days

Goreme Jul 15, 2014 at 10:07 PM

I am arriving on a Tuesday night, departing on Saturday early morning. So I have 3 full days - this is in November.

- Is it good time for balloon tour? Any recommendation on company or just book with the hotel?

- I am flying into Nevsehir - is it better to rent a car? There will be 2 of us, and would like to do sightseeing and hiking. If we do rent a car, is it easy to drive around?

- Recommendations on how to maximise the full 3 days please.

Thanks. :)

more
    • getting around

Goreme Jul 9, 2014 at 4:29 PM

I don't like to drive.
      are the sites in Goreme walkable?
      I heard there are hiking routes.
      To reach them, do you need to hire a driver or join a tour?

more
    • tracyskf's Profile Photo

3 full days

Goreme Jul 15, 2014 at 10:07 PM

I am arriving on a Tuesday night, departing on Saturday early morning. So I have 3 full days - this is in November.

- Is it good time for balloon tour? Any recommendation on company or just book with the hotel?

- I am flying into Nevsehir - is it better to rent a car? There will be 2 of us, and would like to do sightseeing and hiking. If we do rent a car, is it easy to drive around?

- Recommendations on how to maximise the full 3 days please.

Thanks. :)

4 Answers Jul 17, 2014 at 11:56 AM
    • getting around

Goreme Jul 9, 2014 at 4:29 PM

I don't like to drive.
      are the sites in Goreme walkable?
      I heard there are hiking routes.
      To reach them, do you need to hire a driver or join a tour?

7 Answers Jul 10, 2014 at 11:58 PM
    • Mahlika's Profile Photo

Which tour to take

Goreme May 19, 2014 at 7:52 AM

Hi. im spending two days in cappadocia in june. I would like to book a day tour. The tours that i have seen so far are 60 Euros per person. is this a price worth it? Please advise me on more tour operators i can enquire with. Also, should i take a tour going to ihlara valley, or rather a tour to rose valley and pasabag. I will be staying in Goreme.

10 Answers May 20, 2014 at 1:42 AM
    • Kayseri to Goreme

Goreme Apr 1, 2014 at 11:29 PM

Our flight arrives at 20.30 in Kayseri, what is the most economical way of getting to our hostel in Goreme?
      Thanks in advance

10 Answers Apr 6, 2014 at 11:33 AM
    • Annali-Floris's Profile Photo

Turkish Dancing at Art Cafe?

Goreme Jan 27, 2014 at 6:54 AM

Hi!

Do they still have the barbecue and dancing at night at the Art Cafe in Uchisar?

If so, is it turkish dancing?

Annali

• Poling's Profile Photo

Goreme & Urgup

Goreme Jan 11, 2014 at 6:01 PM

In Cappadocia I will stay 2 nights in a Cave room and then 2 other days in ordinary pension.
      1. Should I then spend 2 days in Goreme and then another 2 days in Urgup? Or all my time in Urgup instead of Goreme as I heard Urgup is less touristic?
      2. Is the Red/Green/Blue tours and Balloon package same as those arranged in Goreme?
      3. Is transport from Neveshir airport to Urgup similar to Goreme? (I am charged about 25TL for the pick-up from Neveshir to Goreme.)
      4. Any recommendation of accommodation for my stay in Urgup?
      Thanks.

12 Answers Jan 14, 2014 at 6:33 PM
    • BUS TO AIRPORT

Nevsehir Sep 28, 2013 at 6:50 AM

TIMES OF BUS TO AIRPORT

1 Answer Sep 29, 2013 at 2:47 AM
    • Istanbul (Ataturk) to Goreme

Goreme Jul 26, 2013 at 10:43 AM

hi.. i am looking at overnight buses and trains to Goreme in late August 2013. I understand there is some construction going on at Istanbul train station and we would have to travel to Eskisehir first? Any advice on the route a solo traveller should take?

4 Answers Jul 27, 2013 at 1:05 PM
    • Annali-Floris's Profile Photo

Bus from Goreme to Antalya

Goreme Jul 25, 2013 at 3:47 AM

Hi guys

We are still busy planning our trip for next year June.

Will we be able to get a bus from Goreme to Antalya? And also, do they run every day/night from Goreme?

Annali

19 Answers Jul 29, 2013 at 11:37 AM
    • greencargirl's Profile Photo

private driver recommendation?

Goreme May 27, 2013 at 10:26 AM

Hi everyone,
      We are looking to hire a driver to pick us up (and return us) to the Kayseri airport, as well as taking us to several sites around the Cappadocia area for one full day (early morning to evening.) If anyone has used a private driver, can you suggest them? Alternatively, I am thinking we might rent a car, though I'm not sure about driving in that area. I'm not so good with narrow winding roads :)

Thank you for any suggestions!

1 Answer May 31, 2013 at 8:28 AM
    • greencargirl's Profile Photo

Driver for hire (recommendation?) or tour?

Nevsehir May 26, 2013 at 8:52 PM

Hello All,

We'll fly to Kayseri airport early in the morning (July), returning to Istanbul the same night, and are hoping to either find a tour or hire an all-day taxi or private driver to help us tour the Cappadocia area.

Any suggestions? Is there a public transportation option for doing this in case we can't hire a driver? Many thanks in advance.

1 Answer May 26, 2013 at 11:21 PM
    • mariat31's Profile Photo

visiting Göreme in December

Goreme Nov 4, 2012 at 11:05 AM

Hi there,
      My husband and I are planning to visit Goreme in December this year. We are thinking to stay for 4-5 days but haven't booked anything yet. We are very keen to hike there but I assume we would need to hire a guide or join a group tour considering the time of year.
      Maybe somebody traveled there in winter time and can recommend activities or a tour operator.
      It would be great if you let me know about your experience visiting Cappadocia in winter.
      We also searching for accommodation - something simple but warm.
      Big thank you.

2 Answers Nov 5, 2012 at 1:37 AM
    • Bus Station in Nevsehir and touts

Nevsehir Ili Oct 7, 2012 at 1:18 PM

I understand that tourists are targeted at the Nevsehir bus station. We are traveling next week on overnight bus from Antayla. We have hotel reservations and tours already booked in Urgup. When the bus arrives in Nevsehir, do I stay on the bus to Urgup, or do I have to transfer? Any helpful tips from someone who has done this recently would be appreciated. Would I be transferring to a smaller mini bus? Who would be reliable to ask for info there if needed (I understand that often the bus companies are "in" with the pushy touts. Thank you

3 Answers Oct 15, 2012 at 7:09 AM
    • smurff's Profile Photo

Hot Ballons Charges Rate at Goreme (Cappodocia)

Goreme Sep 13, 2012 at 12:18 AM

Hello Friends,

seeking your advice on Hot Ballon at Cappodocia(Goreme).
      Do you what is the best affordable rate i can get ..
      i read in internet - 150 Euro for 1 hour..
      i am looking for a cheaper rate, do u have any idea or any agency name handling this

Thanks..

Cheers
      cameelia2007@yahoo.com

6 Answers May 31, 2013 at 5:55 PM
    • rbdoshi's Profile Photo

Necessary to prebook hot air baloon?

Goreme May 29, 2012 at 4:55 AM

Hi All,

Can some one please tell me if it is necessary to book a hot air baloon ride in advance? I am visiting capadoccia for 2 days in June and was planning to book it upon arrival.

Please help me with this.

Thanks.

6 Answers Jun 1, 2012 at 10:42 AM
    • rbdoshi's Profile Photo

Underground cities

Goreme May 28, 2012 at 8:41 AM

Hi All,

I am visiting Capadoccia in June and was planning to visit one of the underground cities.

Can someone please tell me,

1) which is preferable among Kaymakli and Derinkuyu

2) If I visit it by minibus approximatley how much time will it take me to explore the site and comeback to Goreme?

3) How much are the entry fees?

Thanks so much in advance for all the help.

Cheers!!

1 Answer Jun 1, 2012 at 10:52 AM
    • sandranunes's Profile Photo

Goreme to Pamukkale last minute question

Goreme Apr 3, 2012 at 12:27 PM

Hi everyone,
      We are going from Goreme to Pamukkale in two days. There are 4 bus companies here to choose. Has anyone had a bad experience with any of them? Their prices are the sane, my concern is with the level of comfort.
      Any last minute input?
      Thanks!

• best stop for 1 nights between Pamukkale and Goreme

Goreme Jan 16, 2012 at 9:51 PM

Hi, travelling with 2 kids this March and will be needing to bus it from Pamukkale to Goreme. We need an overnight stop on the way but I am not all that keen on Konya (accomodation long way from bus terminal, big city etc). Could anyone suggest an alternative. 6 hours on a bus is about the max for us!!

3 Answers Jan 19, 2012 at 10:07 AM
    • I need some help to get to Cappadocia

Nevsehir Jan 11, 2012 at 11:42 AM

Hi everybody,

Can someone tell me how to get from Ankara to Cappadocia? I know there is a buss but only until Nevsehir, what should I do after?
      Also, which buss company is preferable to take and approximate how much the ticket cost?
      And the last question, how much will cost to fly with a balloon in Cappadocia? (just curious)

Thanks,
      Adriana

4 Answers Dec 14, 2013 at 2:03 PM
    • Goreme to Olympos by bus?

Goreme Dec 13, 2011 at 1:04 PM

Hi all, is someone able to tell me my options for traveling from Cappadocia (most conveniently Goreme) to Olympos? Either a whole day of traveling or by overnight bus? I am hoping I don't have to change in Antalya as I've spent time there before and was hoping to bypass on this trip. Also if you have any idea of the price, that would be a great help.

2 Answers Dec 14, 2011 at 7:29 AM
    • Drive at night

Goreme Nov 30, 2011 at 11:05 PM

We are considering to rent a car and pick up at Kayseri airport at about 20:00. Then, we will drive to Goreme where our hotel is located. I understand that it will become dark at that time. Is it safe and easy for us to find the route to Goreme? Any advice and comment is most welcomed.

8 Answers Dec 3, 2011 at 2:59 PM
    • Car Hire

Goreme Nov 29, 2011 at 1:32 AM

I wish to rent a car (without driver) for 2 days in Goreme. Can any VT members recommend to me a reliable and cheap car rental company? Thanks.

4 Answers Dec 13, 2011 at 9:42 PM
    • lclaudio's Profile Photo

places to visit in two days

Goreme Jul 17, 2011 at 11:02 AM

Hi, i'd like to ask if the following tour would be the best one for two days(renting a private company tour), that is, if it really bit the most important points of interest i could visit in the two days i mentioned....

first day

1. Göreme Panorama

2. Derinkuyu Underground City

3. Hiking in Ihlara Valley

4. Belisırma Village for lunch

5. Yaprakhisar Panorama

6. Selime Monastery

7. Pigeon Valley

second day

1. Goreme Open Air Museum

2. Hike in Rose Valley

3. Çavuşin Old Village and Casttle

4. Devrent Valley

5. Paşabağı Fairy chimineys

6. Avanos Pottery Demonstration and Lunch

7. Local Winery Visit in Urgüp and Wine Taste

8. Urgup Fairy Chimneys

by the way,i have in mind do the ballons tour, could you please point some cheap tours(I)

thank's in advance

luiz claudio
      rj brasil

6 Answers Jul 22, 2011 at 12:46 AM
    • Cappadocia- Local Tour/Tour Guide versus self drive/Do-It-Yourself

Goreme Jul 15, 2011 at 1:12 PM

I have just finalized all the major bookings for our first trip to Turkey in late Sept/early Oct for 2 weeks. So far, I have planned everything as a 'do-it-yourself' mainly because on the few occasions that I have used a tour group, I feel rushed...I prefer to linger and read even if it means I don't get to see everything. The private guides listed online are pretty expensive for the two of us!

So my husband and I have two full days (3 nights) in Cappadocia and I have booked accommodation in Goreme. I have read up a lot and have a pretty good idea of what there is to see both on the main tourist trail and a bit further ...with only two days and being our first visit, we will probably be mainly on the tourist trail. We do plan to rent a car for two days, the other option being day tours which I would like to avoid so I don't feel rushed..

Is it 'doable' to rent a car and do it yourself ( reading a lot of history/geology before and during)--probably one day in and around the Goreme area including Uchisar, Avanos, and probably Derinkuyu and then Guzelyart/Ihlara Valley the 2nd day upto the Agzikarahan Caravansary? Do most people opt for a tour group or private guide? Can you get private guides locally for specific areas e.g the Open Air Museum on the spot and what does that cost?

6 Answers Jul 28, 2011 at 2:26 PM
    • snowboarder74's Profile Photo

Renting a car in Nevsehir

Nevsehir Apr 26, 2011 at 4:36 PM

We are a party of 3 and are flying from IST to Nevsehir at the end of May '11. We will be in Cappadocia for 3 days. We are contemplating renting a car to transport around various towns/spots in Cappadocia instead of relying on public transportation.

Q: Is it fairly easy to navigate around Cappadocia?
      Q: Will it be more economical for 3 to rent a vehicle than to use taxis, vans in Cappadocia?
      Q: From Cappadocia, we are planning to visit Ephesus (with a likely stop over in Pammukkale), will you recommend just driving the rental all the way to Ephesus and return the car at Ismir Airport once we are done there? From what I understand, one way drop-off charges are pretty steep, though I am not sure how much they run on an average.

Any suggestions/recommendations are quite welcomed. Thank you in advance.

10 Answers Apr 28, 2011 at 6:39 AM
    • Hours of Dolmus or Bus from Goreme

Goreme Jan 28, 2011 at 6:22 PM

We're planning a trip to Turkey in September. The last leg involves getting from Goreme to Istanbul. Does anyone know what time the dolmus and/or bus from Goreme to Nevsehir starts service in the morning. Also, we plan to fly from Goreme to Istanbul and assume it's better to fly from Nevsehir as it's closer to Goreme rather than from Kayseri. Does anyone have any suggestions? Appreciate any help as it's difficult to research buses on the internet. Thanks!

7 Answers Feb 19, 2011 at 4:45 PM
    • gondogoro's Profile Photo

Cave hotels

Goreme Dec 15, 2010 at 1:02 PM

I intend going to Goreme in 1st week of April next year with wife,3kids(14,9,6) and on budget trip.Any cheap Cave Hotels(hostels)..not those which 'look' like one.Is CAvelife Pension in a cave or just given the look?How will the weather be like then?Thanx

6 Answers Jan 31, 2011 at 1:55 PM
    • gondogoro's Profile Photo

Goreme n Cave hostels

Nevsehir Ili Dec 15, 2010 at 12:38 PM

I intend visiting Cappadocia in 1st week April 2011.Im on a budget trip with wife n 3 kids(14,9,6).Can u go walk up staright to a hotel(cave hostel I mean)and ask for a room instead of earlier booking(which I don't want to do for various reasons).How much is it for a hot air balloon ride(not of any of the hi fi companies of course).Are 2 nights enough?

13 Answers Dec 16, 2010 at 5:06 AM
    • Explorer1981's Profile Photo

Flintstones Cave Hotel

Nevsehir Aug 15, 2010 at 10:40 AM

Can anyone tell me if the Flintstones Cave hotel is nice and in a good location, thinking of staying there a few nights. I just want a basic hotel but nice, nothing fancy as only me going :)

• Explorer1981's Profile Photo

To get from Didim to Nevsehir?

Nevsehir Aug 15, 2010 at 10:35 AM

I was wondering if there is an overnight bus from Didim to Nevsehir and how much. Or maybe a flight to Nevsehir, I could only find flights from Izmir to Ankara or Konya - and I know they are 3-4 hrs from Nevsehir... any ideas welcome.

2 Answers Aug 16, 2010 at 12:26 PM