Netherlands Antilles

change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• St. Maarten v. St. John

Sint Maarten Apr 8, 2014 at 11:19 AM

Our family (2 adults, 2 children, ages 10 and 14) is planning a spring break trip and can't decide whether to go to St. Maarten or St. John. We haven't been to either. We enjoy the beach and would likely rent a condo/villa in either place instead of staying in a hotel. We'd also like to visit other nearby islands on day trips, if transportation is possible. Any thoughts?

more
    • Is the Floating market still in operation?

Curaçao Mar 30, 2014 at 9:26 AM

In light of the challenges in Venezuela; do the Venezuelans still come
      to Curacao and operate the floating market?

more
    • RobinP13's Profile Photo

Looking for a braclet!

Curaçao Mar 23, 2014 at 7:48 PM

Does anyone know the girl who makes and sells shell jewelry at the pier dock (where carnival freedom docks) Name or website?

more

Popular Netherlands Antilles Travel Answer Locations

• St. Maarten v. St. John

Sint Maarten Apr 8, 2014 at 11:19 AM

Our family (2 adults, 2 children, ages 10 and 14) is planning a spring break trip and can't decide whether to go to St. Maarten or St. John. We haven't been to either. We enjoy the beach and would likely rent a condo/villa in either place instead of staying in a hotel. We'd also like to visit other nearby islands on day trips, if transportation is possible. Any thoughts?

2 Answers Apr 11, 2014 at 2:24 AM
    • Is the Floating market still in operation?

Curaçao Mar 30, 2014 at 9:26 AM

In light of the challenges in Venezuela; do the Venezuelans still come
      to Curacao and operate the floating market?

2 Answers Mar 31, 2014 at 6:33 PM
    • RobinP13's Profile Photo

Looking for a braclet!

Curaçao Mar 23, 2014 at 7:48 PM

Does anyone know the girl who makes and sells shell jewelry at the pier dock (where carnival freedom docks) Name or website?

3 Answers Mar 24, 2014 at 6:08 AM
    • briantravelman's Profile Photo

Day Trip From Aruba

Curaçao Mar 12, 2014 at 12:41 PM

I will be visiting Aruba for a week in April, and we were looking at taking a daytrip to Curacao. I understand there is no ferry service, so does anyone know any cheap flights?
      I found some companies, but the cheapest one in $203, tax included. We were looking for something around $100.
      I heard sometimes on the island, they have special charter flights that don't show up online, and you can get a really cheap deal.
      Is it better to book a flight there, or from home?

How much is taxi from Airport to Punda district, or can you take a bus?

Willemsted is in my top 10, list of cities I want to visit. And IDK when I'll be in ABC islands again. I will kick myself for being so close and not going, but if the price isn't right, the price isn't right.

Any ideas?

• CynthiaT5's Profile Photo

wholesale shopping

Curaçao Mar 11, 2014 at 6:38 PM

how can i buy wholesale clothing and get it ship to the bahamas

• golden reef inn

Bonaire Feb 17, 2014 at 7:47 PM

is the golden reef inn on Bonaire still open? It used to be owned by Liz and ed G.

4 Answers Feb 18, 2014 at 2:00 PM
    • Some info please

Sint Maarten Feb 16, 2014 at 10:48 AM

I want to go to Sint Maarten for my Honeymoon, is that a right choice ? Is there a lot to do there for couples ? Does anybody know a guide or someone there, who can help me selecting some places ? Thanks

• Leather Bags

Sint Maarten Jan 15, 2014 at 3:05 PM

Can you find Louis Vitton bags in SXM?

1 Answer Jan 15, 2014 at 3:19 PM
    • any place to get plus size bathing suits?

Bonaire Jan 6, 2014 at 9:42 AM

any place to get plus size bathing suits?

• St Marteen vacation June 2014

Sint Maarten Nov 30, 2013 at 6:16 AM

What are the best hotels. Looking for a beach, ocean view from room, want a stove/refrigerator, gambling-restaurant-bars-fitness centers on site. Walking distance to shops/eateries/etc. Would need a low priced car rental for a week. Any help?

1 Answer Dec 20, 2013 at 6:37 AM
    • Shopping on Front Street

Sint Maarten Nov 25, 2013 at 2:09 PM

Where can I find high end scotch on Front street?

1 Answer Nov 25, 2013 at 4:25 PM
    • SIdesk's Profile Photo

best french food

Sint Maarten Nov 16, 2013 at 6:01 PM

Where is the best french food

2 Answers Nov 19, 2013 at 12:55 AM
    • What to expect

Netherlands Antilles Nov 8, 2013 at 6:05 AM

affordable eateries & fast food places - - including fish? movie theatres? English commonly spoken? car rental essential? most important items to bring for a week's visit in mid-December? caveats, crime, scams? need to convert dollars prior to arrival? dollars readily acceptable? thank you? don

• Curacao, Playa Porto Marie

Curaçao Nov 5, 2013 at 8:53 PM

Going to Curacao soon via cruise ship. Want to know how much cab fare (round trip) is to Playa Porto Marie?
      Also would like to know if there are closer (walking distance) to a beach for snorkeling from cruise ship pier.
      Thank you!

4 Answers Nov 14, 2013 at 10:31 AM
    • woolly0465

Sint Maarten Oct 27, 2013 at 9:46 PM

is there any wildlife on the island of st.maarten?

3 Answers Oct 28, 2013 at 3:41 AM
    • Entry Requirements - Misdemeanor

Sint Maarten Oct 23, 2013 at 5:39 PM

If I have a misdemeanor on my record (United States), will I be denied access to Saint Martin?

Thanks!

1 Answer Oct 23, 2013 at 5:54 PM
    • tourist market Curacao

Curaçao Sep 28, 2013 at 10:01 AM

Is there also a tourist market near the cruise ship docks with souvenirs and so on?? How do I find information about this market at the internet?
      Thanks
      S

5 Answers Sep 29, 2013 at 4:05 PM
    • briantravelman's Profile Photo

How long does it take to hike The Quill?

Sint Eustatius Sep 25, 2013 at 1:49 PM

How long does it take to hike The Quill round trip? Is it possible to see Oranjestad and the forts, hike the Quill, and catch a flight to St. Kitts, in one day?

1 Answer Sep 25, 2013 at 6:53 PM
    • Do you recommend we rent a vehicle or go with a guide?

Curaçao Sep 23, 2013 at 3:56 PM

My husband and I (good health) will be arriving in Curacao via cruise ship for our first time Thursday, Oct. 3 from 8 a.m. to 4 p.m. What do you recommend we do? We would like to see as much of Curacao as we can. Thanks! Connie K.

7 Answers Mar 13, 2014 at 1:23 PM
    • Day trips to Venezuela?

Curaçao Sep 8, 2013 at 12:35 PM

are there safe day trips from Curacao to the closest point in Venezuela?

1 Answer Sep 28, 2013 at 10:57 AM
    • Traveling In October

Sint Maarten Aug 25, 2013 at 7:53 PM

I will be traveling in October, and I am curious if stores and restaurants will be open?

2 Answers Aug 26, 2013 at 3:37 AM
    • jerseyboy88's Profile Photo

Budget travel lodging in Curacao?

Curaçao Aug 22, 2013 at 9:57 AM

Does anyone know of any cheap places to crash in Curacao. All i am looking for is a cheap place to crash and chill out. Nothing luxurious or anything. I am planning to go sometime mid March of next year. I got in touch with a possible host on Couchsurfing.com but in case i decide to go the bnb or hostel route or last minute plans change, Ill have something to fall back on. Thanks all :)

4 Answers Feb 15, 2014 at 7:40 AM
    • Villa on Curacao

Curaçao Jul 17, 2013 at 5:11 AM

Do any of you have any experience in staying at a villa on
      Curaçao .? Concerned about possible safety issues, etc

2 Answers Aug 13, 2013 at 6:58 AM
    • Hot sauce @ The Van Den Tweel Market

Curaçao Jul 11, 2013 at 3:46 PM

I recently had the pleasure of visiting Curacao. During my stay, I bought locally made hot sauce that came in 4 varieites, mild, spicy, special, and papaya. The name on the jar said Mario's or something like that. It is the most amazing hot sauce and I really wish I bought more!!! Does anyone have more information on this specific hot sauce or even better, can someone give me a recipe? When I google "pika", it gives me a recipe for sliced onions and peppers in vinegar. However, the hot sauce that I bought is finally chopped and more like a relish. Thank you in advance!!! :)

4 Answers Aug 29, 2013 at 5:57 PM
    • AngelS106's Profile Photo

From St Maarten to Aruba

Sint Maarten Jun 21, 2013 at 4:34 PM

how can I go (not flying) from sint Maarten to Aruba may be boat? if yes how much it cost and how long it takes.
      thank you

4 Answers Jun 21, 2013 at 7:35 PM
    • AngelS106's Profile Photo

From St Maarten to Aruba

Sint Maarten Jun 20, 2013 at 2:29 AM

I am traveling from NY to St Maarten, from there to Aruba and then back home.
      Tickets are expensive. I was thinking if anyone knows of a cheaper way to go from st maarten to Aruba (may be a boat)?
      Also I have one extra day in between without a room....so I have the choice of staying in Maarten and rent a room for extra night or go to Aruba and rent a room there for one night before my actual week. helppppppppp

• MsLena's Profile Photo

Beach close to Pietermaai Smal Apartments

Curaçao May 21, 2013 at 3:54 AM

I have pre-bookes a room at Pietermaai Smal Apartments located on the street Pietermaai in central Willemstad around this years Christmas and New Year.

I have done a some googeling, read a lot on TripAdvisor and the hotels homepage as well the Curasao tips here on VT, but I can not find any good information regarding the beaches close to Pietermaai. Is it a beach near the hotel? How is it? From what I understand the mose beautiful beach close to Willemstad is the one close to the Sea Aquarium. Is that right? From Google Maps I can see the distanse from Pietermaai to the Sea Aquariumis about 4 km; too far for walking. How much by taxi? Or will we find a bus?

Thanks.

2 Answers Feb 15, 2014 at 7:48 AM
    • Mosquitos in Terres Basses

Sint Maarten May 19, 2013 at 12:19 PM

We are planning a trip to St Martin in July. We have been coming to the island for ten or more years but have predominately stayed in Grande Case, Orient, and Anse Marcel. This year my husband and I decided to rent a villa in Terres Basses. Our only experience in this area has been at a resort. My question is if the mosquitos are worse in this area? I have read a few reviews online and it seems that many villas in Terres Basses are plagued by mosquitos. Could it be worse in this area and if so I would rent something in the French Cul de Sac. HELP!

2 Answers Oct 23, 2013 at 10:43 AM
    • Are the car rentals on the Avis French side nicer than the Avis Dutch side?

Netherlands Antilles May 13, 2013 at 4:02 PM

Are the car rentals for Avis on the French side nicer than the Avis Dutch side?

12 Answers May 15, 2013 at 1:02 PM
    • HaydenJ's Profile Photo

Games in family vacation

Sint Maarten Apr 15, 2013 at 6:43 AM

Looking for some best ways to enjoy a family vacation in st maarten

1 Answer Apr 15, 2013 at 6:56 AM