Netanya Travel Answers

change location

Food delivery in Netanya?

by FromBoston Online Now Aug 8, 2010 at 6:24 AM

I would like to send some food platters to a family that has had a death. Can someone suggest a place that can deliver nicely arranged platters--either a restaurant or a gourmet shop? Need to do this right away, so thanks for responding.

Quote & Answer
6 Answers
  • Re: Food delivery in Netanya?

by rdglady Online Now Aug 8, 2010 at 12:14 PM

I'm sitting in Netanya as I write this. One restaurant that I had in mind--doesn't answer their phone and I don't know if they do platters. I have another in mind--whose name evades me. Tomorrow I'll walk past and ask. Figure, by the time you wake up on Monday you'll have my response. I assume there is a full Shiva week--so that should be okay!

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer

by FromBoston Online Now Aug 8, 2010 at 7:32 PM

I can't thank you enough! Very hard to figure this out from Boston! Yes, the shivah is the full week. Two places we wondered about are Yotvata (Ha'atzmaut Square) and the Tiv Taam store

http://www.tivtaam.co.il/

I'll watch for your answer. Please know how much we appreciate your advice!

by FromBoston Online Now Aug 8, 2010 at 8:08 PM

Hi - My son found this list of restaurants on the Internet that deliver within Netanya:
    restaurants.co.il/home/compa...
    Would it be possible for you to let me know your thoughts about these? We're looking for nice food, and it's hard to just pick from a list without knowing anything about these places. We hope to place the order as soon as possible, so I'm very grateful for you feedback. Thank you!!!

by rdglady Online Now Aug 8, 2010 at 9:56 PM

Post # 1--I'm sure you are sleeping--( or should be asleep) I've yet to go to town to check out what i want to!)

I went through the list. Most of he restaurants listed are either in Poleg ( so I dont' know them--its outside of the center of the city) or closed!! Yotvata is always empty ( I don't know when you were last here), and it doesn't present an appetizing picture when you look at the store--kinda grungy!

TivTaam is a non-Kosher supermarket. I am modern Orthodox and I'll leave my comment at that!

BTW I am assuming you want something cold--salads or that genre. Also, as a point aside--my brother lives in Boston--but is part of the Bostoner Community! Catch ya later.

by rdglady Online Now Aug 9, 2010 at 2:11 AM

I am nervous that this thread could be deleted because it is not travel related. I have sent you an email via virtual tourist. Look at the top of your screen, it says "email" and you should have one from me--unless I am still typing. ( it is 5:10AM your time as I write this)

by FromBoston Online Now Aug 9, 2010 at 4:22 AM

Hi - I haven't been to Netanya in many years--probably 10--so I totally trust your opinion. The family is not kosher, so that's not a factor, but of course your guidance will really help. Thank you, thank you for your advice.

Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines