Netanya Travel Answers

change location

Renting a room or apartment

by miraleah Online Now May 16, 2007 at 2:55 PM

My daughter and I will be studying at Ulpan Akiva in Netanya (Ramat Poleg) for a month from the last week in June.

1) How should we find a safe and reasonable apartment?
2) How much should we exect to pay for minimal space--just a bedroom kitchen & bath? I have found listings on lagur.com for rentals under1000, then I contact the realtor and get much higher rates.
3) How can I get around with a young daughter and no car, cheaply? Is there any way to find bus schedules online?

Quote & Answer
1 Answer
  • g.l.s.h's Profile Photo

Re: Renting a room or apartment

by g.l.s.h Online Now May 18, 2007 at 1:34 PM

1-2: Just send e mails to real estate agents in Netania – sure most deal with selling properties (Netania is a popular choice for French new comers) but since other tourist choose Netania for long summer vacations, there are short term apartments for rent there. The prices for renting apartments the type you are looking for could go well under 500$ per month for LONG TERM but I do not think they could double the price just since it is for one night… Ramat Poleg is a rather over priced part of Netania: you might need to find a place in other sections. Another option (which you might have tried) is to contact the Ulpan staff and ask for their guidance.

3: Netania is one of the best connected (by public transport) towns in Israel. There are both Egged and "Sherut" mini cabs running frequently from town center (and passing through many of the southern neighborhoods) to Tel Aviv. The Sherut is also operating in Saturdays and Friday evenings. There are also frequent busses to Jerusalem and Haifa. The Egged web site is on:

http://www.egged.co.il/Eng/

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines