Netanya Travel Answers

change location

A Restaurant in Netanya

by dfeldstein165 Online Now Nov 16, 2003 at 12:51 PM

30 years ago, when I lived in Israel, I was friendly with a South African couple that was opening up an American style restaurant in Netanya. The menu was hamburgers, ice cream, and other type of American dishes. It was to be located in the City Plaza area where outdoor celebrations and events are held. There was a lot of preparation involved, as much of the equipment was being imported from America. I believe it was to be named "American Burger". I left Israel in July 1973, and never found what happened with this restaurant. I don't know if it ever opened, or perhaps it did, and is even still around. I would appreciate any information that can be provided.

Quote & Answer
2 Answers
  • Gili_S's Profile Photo

Re: A Restaurant in Netanya

by Gili_S Online Now Nov 16, 2003 at 10:50 PM

Missing the good old time? I doubt this restaurant still exists. Restaurants life is very short you know, few years usually, and those were the time before Mac, BK and the others enter the local market. If you know their names you can search them on the online phone book.

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • edvin_br's Profile Photo

Re: A Restaurant in Netanya

by edvin_br Online Now Nov 18, 2003 at 1:16 AM

I live today in Netanya and i dont know any restaurant in the cities plaza that called "Americcan Burger"... There are many restaurants in this area and most of them are very good really... Maybe the place changed its name... A lot chnged in Netanya in the last 30 years i belive. So if you come here you wont have problem to find somewhere to eat...

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines