can someone please tell me where i can book a bus from kathmandu to sunauli? i need to have entry and exit points for my visa but it seems impossible to find online. can someone please give me advice on either a) where to book buses and trains
b) what entry and exit points are required for visa application?
I will go to Nepal next month on my first time, I ll go to Everest Base Camp. Do you think it's easy to get flight to Lukla from Kathmandu? I really have to book before? I'm asking because I'm still not sure which trekking I will do and I Would like to decide when I get there in Kathmandu.
I am a 13 year old australian girl and my dad wants to take me trekking in nepal, i have blonde hair and would stand out very much from the locals, is there any danger to me, what is it and how can i eliminate the risks?
so do I need a tent or are there hotels
planning to go July/August
I'm sure I'll be shot down by a few for even asking this question. I know how ridiculous it must sound to the seasoned
I'll give you a bit of a background of myself...
I'm an athlete - have been for 22 years. I try to keep myself in good shape and cycle/run daily. The thought of climbing Everest is all that's on my mind for the moment. I understand all the dangers that comes with it, of course. I've travelled 20 countries and am currently residing in Thailand. My questions are...
- Is it possible to be doing the climb from being a guy with no experience - in three years time?
- I've looked at a lot of websites and it seems I'm gonna need around 50 - 100,000 dollars to do it. Is this a good figure on how much it's going to cost me?
- What kind of training should one take up if he was considering an Everest climb?
- Am I being delusional thinking that this could even be possible for a person (of no experience) like myself.
Just wondering, for those of you that treked to Everest Base Camp, how heavy was your backpack which you carried?
I'm going solo, no porter and my backpack is 35 lbs (U.S. Pounds).
That includes: tent, sleeping bag , some food, stove, clothes, Nikon D7000, sleeping pad, and other things.
Thanks for your reply.
With two weeks away from my departure to Nepal. I still don't know if I should bring my tent with me. I have a Big Agnes Slater UL2 (3 season) tent. It’s around 2 lbs and 15 ounces. My plan is to stay with locals as well, but I was thinking it might be nice to camp once in a while.
What is your opinion?
Suggestions for most reliable ATM's? What is max amt per transaction?
We would like to do the Langtang Valley trek has anyone been on the trek and used a good local company that's not too expensive we are 4 and would like to stay in not too expensive accommodation we have booked 3 nights in kathmandu and would like to travel to langtang after the 16th march 2014.
EBC trek advice needed!!
So this might be a lot but if anyone can help me out I'd really appreciate it. Thanks in advance
So Im a 25 year old American female traveling solo to Nepal mid March for a month. My main thing is to do the EBC trek and possibly make it to Gokyo too and I would like to walk in from Jiri. I get to Katmandu March 10 and leave April 10. Do you think this is possible?
1. Hiring a guide? I'm just curious on general prices of going with a guide and if its highly recommended or if I can do it on my own and what the money difference would be. I was thinking if I met anyone else that wanted to be trekking buddies that would be welcome. I know it's probably not safest to go trekking totally alone.
2. My original plan is do the long way in via Jiri and fly out of Lukla. I'm super iffy on that airport, but I know everyone says I'll survive and it will be awesome, I'm just a bit wary but I'm not going to walk in AND out. Has anyone done the walk via Jiri? How is it? Does anyone have a suggested itinerary?
3. Visas, TIMS, park passes, etc. what exactly do I need, where can I get them easiest and how much?
4. Clothing wise, I know it will be cold especially at night. I currently live in Thailand so I don't exactly have thermals and all that wonderful stuff here, nor am I sure if its available (I live in Chiang Rai and will be in Chiang Mai prior to departure so if you know somewhere please let me know). I do have a pair of under armor leggings and a long sleeve shirt and a NorthFace fleece that I have from skiing that got me through Thailand's "cold" season. Are there places in Katmandu to buy these when I get there? Also what's an ideal packing list? I want to pack as light as possible and am not concerned with wearing the same thing multiple times obviously. Socks wise...are good ones and the liners available in Katmandu? Same with gloves, I've seen packing suggestions saying being three separate pairs but that seems like overkill.
5. I've heard you can rent equipment in Katmandu pretty cheap? Sleeping bag wise I would like to rent rather than buy and preferably a very warm one. I have heard you can rent down jackets in Namche as well because before there you maybe don't need it as much. Is this advisable or would you suggest renting in Katmandu? I wouldn't want to get up there and not be able to get a jacket.
6. My shoes. I have a pair of what I would call hiking sneakers, not so much boots (Merrell) from home. Would these be ok for the trail (I actually don't know if they are waterproof) or should I look I to buying a new pair in Nepal? Money is kind of tight.
7. Any other advice anyone has? Absolute essentials to bring or not bring?
Thank you so much!
I wanna trek to Annapurna Base Camp and I am wondering about how to find the best trekking agency in Nepal which offers the very best service for the trekkers. I have never been to Nepal and I wanted to be sure that I am done with all the info about the agencies before I land there. Is there any way that I can find and compare trekking agencies so that I can find the best one. That would be very helpful for me.
We need someone to ride with us and show us the the beautiful track and scenery.
We are a group of 6 and we bring our own bicycles.
We plan to ride 4 days in Oct 2014.
Everyday start riding from Kathmandu. Ride out and back.
We are moderate riders. We look for not too easy and not too hard daily ride.
I'm a young solo female traveler from Canada. I will be traveling to Nepal during March and volunteering with some farms and schools outside of Kathmandu.
First, what are some "must-dos" of Nepal? What do I need to do?
Secondly, what are some precaution tips and tricks I should know? Specifically to Nepal?
Lastly, I wanted to trek to the EBC. Any suggested trekking companies? Or is it safe to try it alone?
Any feedback is appreciated! Thank you!!
I'm leaving to Nepal in March. My plan is to camp 90% of the nights in a tent. Is there anything I should watch out for while camping?
And can I simply camp anywhere?
Not sure about the availability of ATMs around. But I am currently having trouble finding a money changer here that sells Nepali Rupees. I'm in Singapore thus my money is actually SGD, not USD, so if I would change to USD and use the USD in Nepal, I think i will lose more from the exchange rate.
So my questions are:
1) Are there ATMs in the airport?
2) How about money changers at 12midnight (coz thats the time I arrive)?
3) Should I try to just bring Nepali Rupees (suppose I got lucky finding a money changer that sells) instead?
4) Are there a lot of merchants that uses credit cards there?
I am looking for a budget place to stay in Lumbini preferably under £10 English, don't seem to be able to find anything, though I have vsited Nepal before and found accommodation around £5, would be grateful if anyone could help, its just an overnight stay in a guesthouse was the kind of thing I wanted
Hello, I am going to Nepal in March 2014. I am travelling with my 60 year old mother, she is quite fit, but there are limitations, so it is not possible for us to do sleeping outside kind of trekking. Is there a possibility of some easy treks, for about 3 days in Langtang? We can do about 20-30km a day, but not climbing. I would appreciate any pointers on how to get to Langtang from Kathmandu, which town to get to and some trek advises around. If there is lodding possible inside the park, and if they are as far from each other that we would be able to do a day trek from one to another. Any help is very apreciated.
What is the best time for Langtang-gosiainkunda trek? I want to clear weather for photography. Is March - April suitable? Some one tell me weather is maximum time cloudy in March April, I cant see any pick.
I have also experience in Oct-Nov. I want to Know as per clarity Oct-Nov & March - April is same or big different.
Is it allowed to bring from US to Nepal fuel canister?
Hi, some months back when I checked on the Nepal Visas, as a person that would require visa on arrival, they only require that I download the visa paper and bring passport and visa fee.
When I checked back now, they require online visa application, and I don't see how much I need to pay for the visa fee.
I had filled up the application form, submit it online and there is a note:
"Print this slip and bring it to Immigration Department along with the following documents (Original & copies) and requisite visa fee "
Does the Immigration Department here means the immigration in the airport before entry to Nepal?
How much is the visa fee? Do they only accept USD? Can pay in nepali rupee?
My trip is in few days and i'm in panic mode now.
Hello If we arrive at the Hyatt on a Friday will they be able to get us a flight to pokhara on sunday morning.
Hello Do I book my tickets in USA and pay for them when I get to Nepal? The hotel in Pokhara said they will book my tickets but I am hesitant to give out credit card info till I get there.
Hello everyone, my friend and I are planning a trip to do a 10 day ABC trek in mid April (if anyone is interested joining, let me know). After reading this forum and others looks like hiring a porter guide is the best option for us since we are interested in learning something about the country while doing the hike.
Does anyone have any recommendation for a porter guide for ABC?
Thanks in advance.
Is it possible to hire a rickshaw to visit Lumbini Sacred Garden. What would be the price to pay? Or is it better to do it walking?
Hello to all!
My boyfriend and I are planning to visit Nepal for a week in August (flying from Delhi).
The region is new to both of us, and I'd be happy to get any recommendations, suggestions and
tips how to best use the seven days, given the season, and the fact that we're not trekkers.
Thanks a lot!
we are planning to get a jeep from besisahar to chame or dharapani. does anyone know approximately how much it is and how long it takes.? thank you, we are going in march.
hello does anyone know if there is a working elevator at Kathmandu airport THANK YOU.
I am going to nepal from the us in march any advice on flight routes??? i will be leaving from san diego.... do i go to india? London Thailand....Hong Kong want the best most comfortable flight