• doing volunteer.

Kathmandu Apr 15, 2014 at 8:21 AM

how to volunteer in kathmandu?

2 Answers Apr 15, 2014 at 4:40 PM
    • nepal this april

Nepal Apr 8, 2014 at 3:42 AM

hi there,
      does anyone know any groups i could join this april/early may
      for a short annapurna trek to poon hill/gorepani + jungle safari?
      a few agencies i've contacted so far have no groups going in april
      and i don't want to do this trek alone...cheers.

4 Answers Apr 11, 2014 at 1:44 AM
    • Anapurna April

Nepal Apr 4, 2014 at 10:32 PM

What is the weather like around Poon hill at the end of April. How cold does it get at night? how hot in the day?
      B

3 Answers Apr 5, 2014 at 12:43 AM
    • short trek in nepal

Nepal Apr 3, 2014 at 4:35 AM

We wish to do a short trek in Nepal..which would be the best. Namche Bazaar or Poon hill ? Any suggestions? Thanks

4 Answers Apr 4, 2014 at 4:01 AM
    • weather in march

Kathmandu Apr 1, 2014 at 1:28 PM

when is the best time to visit

7 Answers Apr 2, 2014 at 1:05 PM
    • Charliesangels's Profile Photo

Where should I go between my flights to Paro from Kathmandu?

Kathmandu Mar 31, 2014 at 3:51 AM

I will be going to Paro in end April. My flight is from Hong Kong arriving to Kathmandu at 22:00, but then my next flight to Paro is the next day at 0925. It's approx 10 hours in between so I hesitate to book a hotel just for that, as well to pay the Nepal visa just for few hours.
      Would that be safe to stay in the airport overnight? Or I have the access to get in to the Kathmandu airport lounge, would they be opened until the next morning?

4 Answers Mar 31, 2014 at 9:17 PM
    • are there many mosquitoes near Lake Phewa in April in Nepal?

Pokhara Mar 25, 2014 at 1:05 AM

if so, are they malarial? are there less mosquitoes in the town or near the lake, as we are considering a hotel near the lake.
      thanks

6 Answers Mar 25, 2014 at 7:13 AM
    • mamtap's Profile Photo

For your information ( Hailstorm in Pokhara)

Pokhara Mar 23, 2014 at 7:57 AM

There's hailstorm in Pokhara. Pic taken today in Pokhara. 

2 Answers Mar 23, 2014 at 9:12 AM
    • how to go to nepal

Nepal Mar 23, 2014 at 6:03 AM

hi,im from philippines and i want to go nepal on may.but we dont have nepal embassy here so where can i get my tourist visa?what should i do?

5 Answers Mar 24, 2014 at 9:54 PM
    • satellite phone

Kathmandu Mar 22, 2014 at 4:57 AM

What are the satellite phone option, going to Everest base camp, interested in renting, either there or rent in US and take it along. Any company have more consistent service?
      thanks

4 Answers Mar 23, 2014 at 3:10 PM
    • End of march or end of november

Nepal Mar 19, 2014 at 3:29 AM

Hi travelers and Nepal lovers
      I know there are many pages links etc etc on Nepal and i started reading them but i need to make an urgent decition whether to travel to Katmandu at the end of march which is next weeka dn first week of april or travel at the end of november..or does it not make a difference..for me november will give me more time and march april choice will take me ther earlier..ah and...how quick it is to get visa and tour to Bhutan if i go now...thank you for being patiennt and recommending, i need to make a flight decision and i will not be able to change it again

9 Answers Mar 23, 2014 at 2:59 PM
    • hikerroeland's Profile Photo

dress code

Nepal Mar 18, 2014 at 12:02 PM

We are coming to Nepal for the First time and I have a problem on what we should (& allowed )to wear. To respect the dress code from it land en people. We are staying in Kathmandu (6 days) going to Chitwan Jungle ,Lumbini and Pokhara.

I hear that men better wear long pants and a T-shirt.(Bermudas should not be worn?)

For women Long pants, long skirt and blouses with a long or short sleeve. Are Bermudas O.K. women?

12 Answers Mar 23, 2014 at 2:54 PM
    • Trekking in Dolpo

Nepal Mar 18, 2014 at 8:46 AM

Hi Folks,
      I'm thinking of doing a trek in the Dolpo region. I prefer not to do tents; does anyone know whether there are Teahouses in the area?
      Many thanks for your advice.

2 Answers Mar 23, 2014 at 2:36 PM
    • mamtap's Profile Photo

Anyone traveling to PKR in the first week of April 2014?

Pokhara Mar 15, 2014 at 7:37 AM

Hi fellow VTs..hope you all are doing well. Just wana let you know that I'll be traveling to Pokhara, Nepal in the first week of April this year. Inform me please so that we can meet in Pokhara and make this trip a memorable one too :)

Hugs & love,
      Mamta

4 Answers Mar 16, 2014 at 11:40 PM
    • paddington28's Profile Photo

Gorkha beer

Nepal Mar 14, 2014 at 10:30 AM

Does anyone know a company where i can buy imported Gorkha beer?? best beer in the world!! im from the uk

7 Answers Mar 17, 2014 at 3:57 AM
    • remote areas in nepal

Nepal Mar 14, 2014 at 8:54 AM

Hi there guys..! I flew to Nepal last week with the intention of doing some remote areas or non touristic villages photography documentary, and since i got here, there is not much information about how to get to this remote areas and everything seems to be trekking in the Himalaya. I know that sometimes is not possible due to the lack of road. does anybody know where i could head to and how. is it actually possible and affordable...?

Thanks in advanced

3 Answers Mar 14, 2014 at 9:02 PM
    • Nepal in July

Nepal Mar 14, 2014 at 7:13 AM

Hello,
      I would like to go to Nepal this summer but I don't have so many informations about this country. I especially would like more informations about the weather in July. I also wanted an idea of the cost of life there.
      THank you for your help!

10 Answers Mar 20, 2014 at 6:04 AM
    • limkahwan's Profile Photo

First Trip

Kathmandu Mar 14, 2014 at 5:48 AM

I'm planning to visit this city. Need more info. I'm a backpacker, love to see their culture, history, foods and adventure into other towns as well that are worth to visit. Any recommendation on place to stay, foods not to missed, transport too. And not to missed the must see places. Thanks in advance.

4 Answers Mar 17, 2014 at 4:07 AM
    • nepal hipster children trousers contact

Nepal Mar 12, 2014 at 2:25 AM

Hi, I would like to buy hipster children trousers from Nepal. I am not really sure if this is the right place to ask these questions ... but I cannot find anywhere else. I am looking possibly for a business opportunity - looking for someone, who would be able to deliver these products/clothes to the Czech Republic .. Any suggestions? :) Maybe you know of someone ...? Thank you. Have a great day. Karolina

• booking buses and trains

Nepal Mar 10, 2014 at 5:44 PM

can someone please tell me where i can book a bus from kathmandu to sunauli? i need to have entry and exit points for my visa but it seems impossible to find online. can someone please give me advice on either a) where to book buses and trains
      b) what entry and exit points are required for visa application?

3 Answers Mar 11, 2014 at 3:10 AM
    • Ert_Ale's Profile Photo

Book a flight to Lukla?

Nepal Mar 10, 2014 at 9:50 AM

Hello friends,
      I will go to Nepal next month on my first time, I ll go to Everest Base Camp. Do you think it's easy to get flight to Lukla from Kathmandu? I really have to book before? I'm asking because I'm still not sure which trekking I will do and I Would like to decide when I get there in Kathmandu.

Thank you.

2 Answers Mar 11, 2014 at 9:28 AM
    • Children in nepal

Nepal Mar 9, 2014 at 8:35 PM

I am a 13 year old australian girl and my dad wants to take me trekking in nepal, i have blonde hair and would stand out very much from the locals, is there any danger to me, what is it and how can i eliminate the risks?

6 Answers Mar 12, 2014 at 12:31 AM
    • Arun Valley

Nepal Mar 7, 2014 at 7:06 PM

so do I need a tent or are there hotels
      planning to go July/August

1 Answer Mar 9, 2014 at 12:18 PM
    • No Question Title

Mount Everest Mar 5, 2014 at 4:58 AM

Hi guys,

I'm sure I'll be shot down by a few for even asking this question. I know how ridiculous it must sound to the seasoned
      climber.
      I'll give you a bit of a background of myself...

I'm an athlete - have been for 22 years. I try to keep myself in good shape and cycle/run daily. The thought of climbing Everest is all that's on my mind for the moment. I understand all the dangers that comes with it, of course. I've travelled 20 countries and am currently residing in Thailand. My questions are...

• Is it possible to be doing the climb from being a guy with no experience - in three years time?
      • I've looked at a lot of websites and it seems I'm gonna need around 50 - 100,000 dollars to do it. Is this a good figure on how much it's going to cost me?
      • What kind of training should one take up if he was considering an Everest climb?
      • Am I being delusional thinking that this could even be possible for a person (of no experience) like myself.

6 Answers Mar 5, 2014 at 5:25 PM
    • Your everest trek backpack weight

Kathmandu Feb 26, 2014 at 7:22 PM

Just wondering, for those of you that treked to Everest Base Camp, how heavy was your backpack which you carried?
      I'm going solo, no porter and my backpack is 35 lbs (U.S. Pounds).
      That includes: tent, sleeping bag , some food, stove, clothes, Nikon D7000, sleeping pad, and other things.

Thanks for your reply.

2 Answers Feb 27, 2014 at 5:02 AM
    • Camp or not to camp on Everest and Gokyo trek

Mount Everest Feb 26, 2014 at 7:17 AM

With two weeks away from my departure to Nepal. I still don't know if I should bring my tent with me. I have a Big Agnes Slater UL2 (3 season) tent. It’s around 2 lbs and 15 ounces. My plan is to stay with locals as well, but I was thinking it might be nice to camp once in a while.

What is your opinion?

6 Answers Mar 9, 2014 at 12:18 PM
    • ATM's in Katmandu & Pokhara

Nepal Feb 22, 2014 at 9:05 AM

Suggestions for most reliable ATM's? What is max amt per transaction?

2 Answers Mar 18, 2014 at 9:08 AM
    • chriskeith's Profile Photo

Langtang valley trek

Kathmandu Feb 21, 2014 at 7:20 PM

We would like to do the Langtang Valley trek has anyone been on the trek and used a good local company that's not too expensive we are 4 and would like to stay in not too expensive accommodation we have booked 3 nights in kathmandu and would like to travel to langtang after the 16th march 2014.
      Elizabeth

4 Answers Mar 15, 2014 at 5:24 PM
    • Susanmb12's Profile Photo

Would like some advice about the EBC trek please

Mount Everest Feb 20, 2014 at 7:11 PM

EBC trek advice needed!!
      So this might be a lot but if anyone can help me out I'd really appreciate it. Thanks in advance

So Im a 25 year old American female traveling solo to Nepal mid March for a month. My main thing is to do the EBC trek and possibly make it to Gokyo too and I would like to walk in from Jiri. I get to Katmandu March 10 and leave April 10. Do you think this is possible?

1. Hiring a guide? I'm just curious on general prices of going with a guide and if its highly recommended or if I can do it on my own and what the money difference would be. I was thinking if I met anyone else that wanted to be trekking buddies that would be welcome. I know it's probably not safest to go trekking totally alone.

2. My original plan is do the long way in via Jiri and fly out of Lukla. I'm super iffy on that airport, but I know everyone says I'll survive and it will be awesome, I'm just a bit wary but I'm not going to walk in AND out. Has anyone done the walk via Jiri? How is it? Does anyone have a suggested itinerary?

3. Visas, TIMS, park passes, etc. what exactly do I need, where can I get them easiest and how much?

4. Clothing wise, I know it will be cold especially at night. I currently live in Thailand so I don't exactly have thermals and all that wonderful stuff here, nor am I sure if its available (I live in Chiang Rai and will be in Chiang Mai prior to departure so if you know somewhere please let me know). I do have a pair of under armor leggings and a long sleeve shirt and a NorthFace fleece that I have from skiing that got me through Thailand's "cold" season. Are there places in Katmandu to buy these when I get there? Also what's an ideal packing list? I want to pack as light as possible and am not concerned with wearing the same thing multiple times obviously. Socks wise...are good ones and the liners available in Katmandu? Same with gloves, I've seen packing suggestions saying being three separate pairs but that seems like overkill.

5. I've heard you can rent equipment in Katmandu pretty cheap? Sleeping bag wise I would like to rent rather than buy and preferably a very warm one. I have heard you can rent down jackets in Namche as well because before there you maybe don't need it as much. Is this advisable or would you suggest renting in Katmandu? I wouldn't want to get up there and not be able to get a jacket.

6. My shoes. I have a pair of what I would call hiking sneakers, not so much boots (Merrell) from home. Would these be ok for the trail (I actually don't know if they are waterproof) or should I look I to buying a new pair in Nepal? Money is kind of tight.

7. Any other advice anyone has? Absolute essentials to bring or not bring?

Thank you so much!

7 Answers Feb 22, 2014 at 4:48 PM
    • Find Best Trekking Agency in Nepal

Annapurna Himal Feb 19, 2014 at 11:05 PM

Hi,
      I wanna trek to Annapurna Base Camp and I am wondering about how to find the best trekking agency in Nepal which offers the very best service for the trekkers. I have never been to Nepal and I wanted to be sure that I am done with all the info about the agencies before I land there. Is there any way that I can find and compare trekking agencies so that I can find the best one. That would be very helpful for me.

Cheers,
      Levy

11 Answers Mar 9, 2014 at 12:18 PM