Nepal Travel Answers

change location

Help needed: looking for good beds!

by Lisevis Online Now Feb 6, 2013 at 2:32 AM

Hi there!

My mom and I are planning a trip to Nepal, but we have a small problem finding accomodation, being that my mom has sleeping problems and therefor needs a good bed and a quiet room. Besides that, we don't need much luxury, even though we sure do like to take a hot shower every once in a while ;)
We are planning on staying in or close to Kathmandu for the first few nights, and we'd also like to stay in a small village for a while, to get to know the Nepali lifestyle outside the big cities and see some of the gorgeous nature Nepal has to offer. We'd like to stay in budget or midrange hotels or guesthouses.

Any tips or recommendations? Thanks!

Quote & Answer
2 Answers
  • lynnehamman's Profile Photo

Re: Help needed: looking for good beds!

by lynnehamman Online Now Feb 6, 2013 at 1:02 PM

Our VT member goutammitra has made extensive pages on Nepal, with lots of tips (including accommodation)
    You may also contact him by message on VT for advice.

Here is the link to his Kathmandu page:

"Kathmandu The Ancient City - Dream Destination." - Kathmandu by goutammitra

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • into-thin-air's Profile Photo

Re: Help needed: looking for good beds!

by into-thin-air Online Now Feb 7, 2013 at 1:20 AM

First of all, welcome to VT, You have discovered a great website with lots of useful info on Nepal provided by a lot of experienced visitors

I haven’t a recommendation for Kathmandu; the hotel that I have stayed at for my last 2 trips has had some bad press recently so I won’t recommend them

However for Pokhara
    The Hotel Lake Diamond, Small family run hotels just a few hundred meters away fro the centre of Lakeside – But down a side street so in a beautiful and Quiet location - I have used this hotel for several years and always get a great welcome

And for Sauraha (Chitwan) Tiger Residency, the accommodation and the food are well above average and the guide, Laxman is simply superb, he can recognise all the birds by sight, silhouette and bird call and knows their names in English, Latin and Nepali –
    I have steered quite a few people to Tiger Residency over the years and have had a lot of Good feedback !!
    I have written more info and included some photos on both of the above options on my own humble accommodation tips on here ;-)

BTW – I don’t agree with the above poster promoting and singling out one particular posters pages to browse as there is a Lot of good info provided by a Lot of experienced visitors, and to single one out on the travel forums is unfair to all these other poster who have put in a Lot of effort to freely provide the info that you are seeking

Good Luck and Happy Travels
    Rob

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Popular Nepal Travel Answer Locations