Nepal Travel Answers

change location

Any aussies up for a Kathmandu to Lhasa overland Tour? May/June

by yukes85 Online Now May 23, 2012 at 3:32 AM

My and my sister, both australian passport holders had booked to do a kathmandu to lhasa overland tour. That was until they changed the visa laws which require at least 5 of the same nationalities to qualify for a group visa to cross the border.

Are there any other aussies in kathmandu, looking to go to tibet, or interested?
We have found some 10ish day tours for around500, plus the flight out of lhasa. We need 3 more people!!!

We have between the dates of the 27th may and the 4th of june to START the tour.. usually tours depart twice a week..

Anyone interested please let me know :)

Fingers crossed!

Quote & Answer
1 Answer
  • into-thin-air's Profile Photo

Re: Any aussies up for a Kathmandu to Lhasa overland Tour? May/June

by into-thin-air Online Now Feb 17, 2013 at 7:07 AM

This new rule is really making life difficult for people wishing to do the overland route to Lhasa from Kathmandu and just another example of the Chinese flexing their muscles over their control over Tibet

The only advice that I can give you is to 1) ask your chosen agent to try and find more Australians to make up your group – a lot of agenises now do this to ensure their trips depart 2) Copy this post to www.trekkingpartners.com as well as trekinfo – Also it might be worthwhile copying it to Thorntrees but the site isn’t as good as it once was, I don’t think the travelling companions boards have been reinstated since the shutdown of the site,

Good Luck Rob

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Popular Nepal Travel Answer Locations