Nepal Travel Answers

change location

Desperately Seeking Trekking Partner: SEPT-OCT

by duploboy Online Now Jul 29, 2008 at 12:13 PM

Hi all- I will be in Nepal from the 15th September till about the 31st October. As the Annapurna Circuit is going to be at capacity then, I would like to head out to do some more remote trekking in the Dolpo, Mustang or Manaslu regions sand am looking for 1-3 people to join me to share the adventure.... and the permit/team costs!

One sketch would leave from Juphal (two flights to get there) trek north of Phoskumido lake to Shey Gompa and then back down to Kagbeni on the Annapurna circuit over around 15 days. This section would require expensive permit fees of50 a day per trekker, and porter/guide costs. A variation on this route cuts just outside the restricted area and down to Jomsom thus saving the permit fee. From Jomsom you can of course fly or walk back to Pokhara.

Alternatively one could walk to Kagbeni on the Annapurna circuit (a few day from Beni) and go in and out of Mustang over ~10 days. This would depend only on a guide and local guesthouses does requires the permit fee however less gear and fewer flights would make this more financially feasable. The royal town of Lo Manthang does seem a remarkable destination.

Finally the Manaslu region has much cheaper permits (about70 a week) but is a camping trek requiring a few support staff over ~ 18 days (Arughat to Besi Sahar). However no flights are needed to get in and out. It is reported as a very strenuous and pretty exposed but stunning mountain views and interesting villages from various cultural groups.

These plans are very flexible as I have plenty of time - I am simply looking for someone with enthusiasm to help me choose a route and share the costs! I am a 28 year old Italian-Australian guy, pretty fit (famous last words) and very easygoing. Look forward to hearing you.

Quote & Answer
0 Answers
Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Popular Nepal Travel Answer Locations