Nepal Travel Answers

change location
orthogal's Profile Photo

Trekking poles

by orthogal Online Now Mar 18, 2013 at 1:54 AM

One last question guys! I remember that there were heaps of trekking shops selling all kinds of equipment in both Kathmandu & Pokhara but I don't remember how much trekking poles were. Can anyone let me know as mine is too difficult to pack and very expensive to buy here at home.
By the way Rob, we have booked Tiger Residency and will ask for Laxman if at all possible! Thanks for that piece of advice, greatly appreciated! Anne

Quote & Answer
4 Answers
  • davidjo's Profile Photo

Re: Trekking poles

by davidjo Online Now Mar 18, 2013 at 3:09 AM

kathmandu.co.nz/accessories/...
    This online shop sells them as cheap as $50, but Kathmandu has many shops selling second hand equipment and i don't know for sure but i suspect you could pick up second hand poles for around half that price.

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • davidjo's Profile Photo

by davidjo Online Now Mar 18, 2013 at 3:15 AM

Please ignore my lats answer. Sorry i did not realize that this was a online shop operating out of NZ, but Thamel is full of used trekking gear and you will get whatever you need at a very cheap price, also fakes are available so inspect your items carefully.

Be the first to rate this answer!

• thapaliya's Profile Photo

by thapaliya Online Now Mar 18, 2013 at 3:25 AM

Hi Anne,
    In Kathmandu and pokhara there are many fake trekking equipment shops who selling almost copy things. You will found world famous branded copy product in kathmandu like LIKI, Comperdell, MAKALU, K2 and others . The LIKE cost about 10 US$ for pair

1 member found this helpful

• into-thin-air's Profile Photo

by into-thin-air Online Now Mar 18, 2013 at 6:53 AM

I paid 300NPR for a single Leke replica that seems very good – Cork handle and good feel to it – Try Sportswear International, details in my Nepal Shopping Tips
    Good Luck
    Rob

1 member found this helpful

Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Popular Nepal Travel Answer Locations