Nepal Travel Answers

change location

when to go April/May vs September/October?

by BOPOHA_ Online Now Feb 20, 2013 at 5:38 PM

I was planning a trip to Tibet and Nepal this year: end of April beginning of May. Having second thoughts after reading Rough Guide for Nepal. Sounds like it can be too hot in Nepal by then. Also there was something about haze covering the mountains and highest chance for stomach bug.

Would September be a better choice?

Can anyone weight in their opinion? April/May vs September/October?

Plan was to go from Lhasa to Kathmandu first and then to do a few day hike in Jomsom or Annapurna region. Should take about 3-4weeks altogether.

Quote & Answer
4 Answers
  • tadulanf's Profile Photo

Re: when to go April/May vs September/October?

by tadulanf Online Now Feb 20, 2013 at 7:46 PM

I guess its better to travel April/May, I am planning again to travel to Camiguin Island it's really nice here.

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • Intothewild113's Profile Photo

by Intothewild113 Online Now Feb 20, 2013 at 11:38 PM

September/october would be the best choice to come to nepal if you are planning to go on trek this time of year is best for trekking.an most of the traveller travel in nepal during this time beacuse of good weather

april/may its summer and little rainy so u i recommend september/october.

• into-thin-air's Profile Photo

by into-thin-air Online Now Feb 21, 2013 at 1:00 AM

March is my own favourite month for Nepal, the weather tends to be reasonably settled if a bit on the cold side with a chance of some snow at altitude, but the clarity of vision tends to be perfect (Most of the photos on my Nepal page are taken in March) and there are relatively few trekkers there, so the trails are quiet with no queues for food or difficulty finding a bed in the lodges

April tends to go downhill as the moth goes on with increasing haze as well as a greater likelihood of rain – I trekked Helambu in April a few years ago and hardly saw the mountains through the haze

September seems to now be affected my the monsoon with this now regularly dragging on right through, but October is usually a lot better, but then this is the most popular moth along with November for trekking so you will experience Big crowds, especially on the more popular treks

So – Quite a difficult decision !!!!

Good Luck and Happy Safe Trekking Rob

• thapaliya's Profile Photo

by thapaliya Online Now Feb 21, 2013 at 10:01 PM

Hello, Lots of Helpful Posts already posted. As i know For Tibet travel September then April. Because in Tibet September more clean weather and Nepal More Green Season. But in Nepal September still monsoon not that much nice to do trek beside of Mustang and Dolpo. If i would like to choose time i am sure i will choose September Bashu

Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Popular Nepal Travel Answer Locations