Travel Answers
Nelson/Tasman

change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• Why is your map showing the wrong location for Nelson/Tasman?

Nelson Mar 13, 2014 at 8:23 PM

The bing map on your listing for Nelson/Tasman shows Tasman Glacier, a long way from Nelson or Tasman Regions. Why?

6 Answers Mar 15, 2014 at 5:37 AM
    • Vineyards and wine tastings

Nelson Jan 23, 2013 at 8:28 AM

My husband and I will be in the area in March and would like recommendations for vineyards to visit and wines to taste. Thanks!

4 Answers Jan 25, 2013 at 5:42 AM
    • Tramping transport

Murchison Dec 22, 2011 at 12:37 PM

We are planning a trip over Thomson Pass and D’Urville Pass and down Matakitaki valley with one way out being to Murchison.
      anyone happen to know of anyone who does transport from the track end at Tutaki Rd (off Matakitaki Rd south from Murchison)? to get to Murchsion.
      Gordon

2 Answers Jan 10, 2012 at 11:08 PM
    • anyone stayed at these apartments

Nelson/Tasman Sep 7, 2009 at 5:38 AM

Hi there, just trying to decide on where to stay for 5 nights in Nelson next January.
      Has anyone stayed or has anyone got any thoughts on the 3 apartments that I have been looking at.
      SPINNAKER apartment in Latitude 41 Building
      MAIOLICA apartment in Latitude 41 building
      The Town House apartment Britannia Heights
      Wondering if any of them suffer from traffic or bar noise.
      Any opinions would be appreciated. Many thanks, Denise

• Water temperature

Nelson Jul 21, 2009 at 6:52 AM

What's the normal water temp in the Nelson area in the NZ summer?

Kind regards
      Frederik

5 Answers Jul 23, 2009 at 5:05 AM
    • JohanIsWeg's Profile Photo

Tramping and kayaking options

Nelson/Tasman Nov 9, 2008 at 7:19 PM

It seems to me there are quite a few tramping and kayaking options for someone with limited time. The question is: which is the best option?

For shorter tramps, which would provide the best scenery if one divided the coast tramp into sections? Totaranui to Awaroa Bay; Awaroa Bay to Onetahuti Beach; Onetahuti Beach to Bark Bay; Bark Bay to Anchorage; Anchorage to Marahau?

For a 1-day kayak trip, which would be the best section to kayak? The southern Abel Tasman (from Marahau to Watering Cove) or Onetahuti Beach to Achorage?
      Which would be the calmer stretch? Which would be the more picturesque stretch?

We are planning to be there at the end of January 2009, roughly for one and a half days. Were thinking of doing the tramping in the afternoon after arrival on the first day, and kayaking the full second day.

Any advice on above questions, favourite locations, walking/kayaking conditions, distances and timings will be highly appreciated.

2 Answers Nov 10, 2008 at 7:56 PM
    • Driving from Nelson

Nelson Jan 31, 2008 at 12:10 PM

Friends are planning to drive from Nelson to Queenstown in one day, via the west coast. Firstly is this practical and roughly how long a drive is it? Secondly would they be better going via Christchurch,and is this a quicker route?

6 Answers Feb 15, 2008 at 5:18 AM
    • URGENT:: Anyone want to kayak starting 24/3 (Saturday)

Abel Tasman National Park Mar 22, 2007 at 9:11 PM

I really don;t want to have to do a guided tour, but might not be left an option as they only let you book in 2 or more. If you are about to do this please send me an email at tom@dalrymple.cc or text 00447789868878 asap. Long shot!

• ch3noa's Profile Photo

2-3 hours in Nelson city - what to see

Nelson Feb 21, 2005 at 9:32 PM

If you have only 2-3 hours in nelson city, what would you visit? I'm thinking of the following: a) Nelson Market (it's a sat. when I bypass Nelson, so the market's open) b) Church Hill c) South Street precint d) on and around Trafalgar Sq, Trafalgar St.

4 Answers Jun 27, 2005 at 11:29 PM
    • Abel Tasman & fitness!

Abel Tasman National Park Jul 21, 2004 at 10:15 PM

Hi there, A group of friends & I are doing the Abel Tasman 3 day kayak & walk (1 day kayaking & 2 days walking) in January and I'm wondering how fit I will have to be to do it - especially the 7 hours of kayaking! I'm relatively fit but don't have very strong arms so am thinking I may have to do some training in advance.. Any advice/experience/suggestions would be most welcome. Kerri

2 Answers Jul 7, 2005 at 10:09 PM
    • katylaveck's Profile Photo

moving to nz

Abel Tasman National Park Oct 1, 2003 at 6:54 PM

I am an American who is moving to New Zealand with my boyfriend, a kiwi who has grown up in the USA. We will be ariving in mid November. We are planning to buy a van on the south island and go straite to Abel Tasman, where my boyfriend has some job prospects. I hope to find work in New Zealand, although I do not yet have a work visa. I am feeling a little overwelmed with all of the visa stuff and I was hoping someone could give me advice on how to obtain the a work visa once in New Zealand and how I should go about having my boyfriend sponser me. Thanks!!!!!!!!!!! :)

8 Answers Jul 8, 2005 at 1:29 PM