change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• Mnavarro's Profile Photo

Late flight into Christchurch and Coach Ride to Queenstown

Christchurch Jan 2, 2015 at 3:21 PM

My husband and I are getting into Christchurch from Melbourne at 11:40PM. Should we take a taxi to our hotel in downtown Christchurch and how much do we expect to pay? What hotel with 24-hour reception would you recommend near the bus/coach station to Queenstown.

Also, we will be taking the Newmans Coach from Christchurch to Queenstown. Has anyone experienced taking the Newmans Coach from Christchurch to Queenstown? How comfortable is the ride and are there restroom stops on the way? What do you recommend we do to have a stressfree time on the coach for 8 hours.

Thank you so much for your input.

Marilou

more
    • heydelin's Profile Photo

How to go to Moeraki from Dunedin

Moeraki Jan 17, 2015 at 1:57 AM

Hi,

I'd like to visit the boulders next week for my birthday. Just don't know the best way to go there without driving a car though. Is there a train going all the way to Moeraki boulders? Not quite sure if Dunedin railways only goes to Palmerston and Oumaru without stopping at Moeraki. Or should we get off Palmerston and find a way to go to Moeraki? Or is there any other way, by bus maybe? Appreciate your suggestions!

Thank you!

Haydee

more
    • heydelin's Profile Photo

Itinerary for 3 days in Dunedin

Dunedin Jan 2, 2015 at 10:13 PM

Hello! in about 3 weeks, me and my bf are flying to Dunedin and still have no hotel bookings and no itinerary yet. We are staying there for 4 days and 3 nights. Would appreciate any suggestions! Thank you in advance and happy new year!

Haydee

more
    • Week Dec. 20-27 or Dec. 28- Jan. 2 for Queenstown

Queenstown Jan 14, 2015 at 8:23 PM

Which week is better in terms of crowd and sites closure during holidays? We are from USA, a couple at 50 & early 60 plan to stop over at Queenstown for 1 week and visit family in Melbourne Australia for another week.

more
    • Mnavarro's Profile Photo

Late flight into Christchurch and Coach Ride to Queenstown

Christchurch Jan 4, 2015 at 7:30 PM

My husband and I are getting into Christchurch from Melbourne at 11:40PM. Should we take a taxi to our hotel in downtown Christchurch and how much do we expect to pay? What hotel with 24-hour reception would you recommend near the bus/coach station to Queenstown.
      Also, we will be taking the Newmans Coach from Christchurch to Queenstown. Has anyone experienced taking the Newmans Coach from Christchurch to Queenstown? How comfortable is the ride and are there restroom stops on the way? What do you recommend we do to have a stressfree time on the coach for 8 hours.
      Thank you so much for your input.
      Marilou

more
    • Poor Food Hygiene

by nuhuahin Online Now Aug 8, 2014 at 12:08 PM

NZ generally seems almost paranoid about food safety, and Nelson residents seem passionate about their cafes and restaurants, so as a visitor I'm shocked at the hygiene standards that i see here. Servers with long hair hanging over the food they are preparing, and others handling delicate pastries and bread with their bare hands. Why are such poor standards allowed?

1 Answer Aug 8, 2014 at 4:04 PM
    • Why is your map showing the wrong location for Nelson/Tasman?

by sapp1blue Online Now Mar 13, 2014 at 8:23 PM

The bing map on your listing for Nelson/Tasman shows Tasman Glacier, a long way from Nelson or Tasman Regions. Why?

6 Answers Mar 15, 2014 at 5:37 AM
    • Vineyards and wine tastings

by donnahecker Online Now Jan 23, 2013 at 8:28 AM

My husband and I will be in the area in March and would like recommendations for vineyards to visit and wines to taste. Thanks!

4 Answers Jan 25, 2013 at 5:42 AM
    • Water temperature

by frederikranke Online Now Jul 21, 2009 at 6:52 AM

What's the normal water temp in the Nelson area in the NZ summer?

Kind regards
      Frederik

5 Answers Jul 23, 2009 at 5:05 AM
    • Driving from Nelson

by cec2 Online Now Jan 31, 2008 at 12:10 PM

Friends are planning to drive from Nelson to Queenstown in one day, via the west coast. Firstly is this practical and roughly how long a drive is it? Secondly would they be better going via Christchurch,and is this a quicker route?

6 Answers Feb 15, 2008 at 5:18 AM
    • ch3noa's Profile Photo

2-3 hours in Nelson city - what to see

by ch3noa Online Now Feb 21, 2005 at 9:32 PM

If you have only 2-3 hours in nelson city, what would you visit? I'm thinking of the following: a) Nelson Market (it's a sat. when I bypass Nelson, so the market's open) b) Church Hill c) South Street precint d) on and around Trafalgar Sq, Trafalgar St.

4 Answers Jun 27, 2005 at 11:29 PM