change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• craic's Profile Photo

Tranpsort from airport into the city

Dunedin Yesterday

Hi - I will be arriving at Dunedin in late April - and find there is no bus into the city - 30 k away. The website recommends I prebook a shuttle. Do you think this is necessary? Or can I just rock up and find plenty waiting for customers? Also, the website makes no mention of cost. It just suggests that the more there are of you the cheaper it is. (It is very unsatisfactory actually.) A taxi costs about $90 apparently, so I don't want to do that.

Has anyone arrived at Dunedin airport recently so knows what the story is?

more
    • 6 days in South Island, 3 nights based in Te Anau, 3 nights based in Queenstown area?

Queenstown Feb 11, 2015 at 2:59 PM

This is our first time to South Island, but won't be the last, that's why we are taking it easy instead of trying to see EVERYTHING. Please comment if this plan makes sense, or, you would advice differently -
      Dec. 20 1:00pm, arrive at Queenstown airport pickup rental car to drive to Te Anau
      Dec. 21-22, taking tours from touring companies from Te Anau to explore surrounding areas including the Sounds
      Dec. 23 drive back to Queenstown area, stay 3nights in Queenstown area,
      Dec. 24-25 explore Queenstown, Arrowtown, Wanaka, Glenorchy
      Dec. 26 Depart 3:40pm from Queentown airport

We would appreciate your response and open to your suggestions.

Thank you.

more
    • Poor Food Hygiene

by nuhuahin Online Now Aug 8, 2014 at 12:08 PM

NZ generally seems almost paranoid about food safety, and Nelson residents seem passionate about their cafes and restaurants, so as a visitor I'm shocked at the hygiene standards that i see here. Servers with long hair hanging over the food they are preparing, and others handling delicate pastries and bread with their bare hands. Why are such poor standards allowed?

1 Answer Aug 8, 2014 at 4:04 PM
    • Why is your map showing the wrong location for Nelson/Tasman?

by sapp1blue Online Now Mar 13, 2014 at 8:23 PM

The bing map on your listing for Nelson/Tasman shows Tasman Glacier, a long way from Nelson or Tasman Regions. Why?

6 Answers Mar 15, 2014 at 5:37 AM
    • Vineyards and wine tastings

by donnahecker Online Now Jan 23, 2013 at 8:28 AM

My husband and I will be in the area in March and would like recommendations for vineyards to visit and wines to taste. Thanks!

4 Answers Jan 25, 2013 at 5:42 AM
    • Water temperature

by frederikranke Online Now Jul 21, 2009 at 6:52 AM

What's the normal water temp in the Nelson area in the NZ summer?

Kind regards
      Frederik

5 Answers Jul 23, 2009 at 5:05 AM
    • Driving from Nelson

by cec2 Online Now Jan 31, 2008 at 12:10 PM

Friends are planning to drive from Nelson to Queenstown in one day, via the west coast. Firstly is this practical and roughly how long a drive is it? Secondly would they be better going via Christchurch,and is this a quicker route?

6 Answers Feb 15, 2008 at 5:18 AM
    • ch3noa's Profile Photo

2-3 hours in Nelson city - what to see

by ch3noa Online Now Feb 21, 2005 at 9:32 PM

If you have only 2-3 hours in nelson city, what would you visit? I'm thinking of the following: a) Nelson Market (it's a sat. when I bypass Nelson, so the market's open) b) Church Hill c) South Street precint d) on and around Trafalgar Sq, Trafalgar St.

4 Answers Jun 27, 2005 at 11:29 PM