Negril

change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• RIU Negril/Singles

by ashjones21 Online Now Feb 13, 2014 at 5:58 PM

I would like to know if Negril is a good place for singles and is the RIU Negril fun and has a lot of singles? If not, what resort would be good except for Hedonism... (I think I spelled that right lol)

2 Answers Feb 15, 2014 at 1:58 AM
    • Superbowl XLVIII

by MNmich Online Now Jan 17, 2014 at 6:11 PM

Where to go? thanks for your input!

2 Answers Jan 19, 2014 at 12:15 PM
    • Variety of beers in Negril stores

by Seenag99 Online Now Jan 5, 2014 at 10:31 AM

Hello, besides Red Stripe and RS Light, what other beers can we buy at a grocery store or a beer wholesale store near Negril. Thank you so much.

4 Answers Jan 8, 2014 at 9:00 AM
    • Club Hotel Riu Negril - Dress Code and Christmas

by JVallejo Online Now Dec 16, 2013 at 9:04 AM

What is the dress code for Dinner at Riu Negril? Does anyone know if they do anything special for Christmas?

2 Answers Dec 16, 2013 at 11:52 AM
    • Azul Sensatori/Negril Jamaica

by JenLawston Online Now Nov 25, 2013 at 4:46 PM

What is the status of renovations and actual opening of this resort. I was told after call to Karisma that a soft opening will take place on 12/21/13 and the official opening in May 2014.

6 Answers Apr 3, 2014 at 4:12 AM
    • Will resorts allow you to have over night guests

by givemeatry2002 Online Now Nov 24, 2013 at 1:52 PM

My girlfriend and I are going to be staying at Couples Negril in February, my question is do the resorts allow you to have a female guest over night with you? My girlfriend and I would like to have a overnight female stay with us, but will they allow it?

6 Answers Dec 3, 2013 at 3:38 PM
    • lj1966's Profile Photo

Going to Negril in NOvember

by lj1966 Online Now Sep 30, 2013 at 10:00 AM

I am going to Negril in November and always like to eat one night where the locals eat..when in Montego Ba I always go to "SCotchies" can anyone recommend a locals spot in Negril?

5 Answers Oct 1, 2013 at 12:20 PM
    • What to do when it rains?

by Negrilherewecome Online Now Sep 12, 2013 at 7:58 AM

What do you recommand to do in Negril when it rains?

10 Answers Dec 28, 2013 at 7:05 AM
    • Getting to Port Antonio/Kingston

by listaeyes Online Now Mar 25, 2013 at 6:46 PM

I'm visiting Jamaica in May, starting in Montego Bay and then spending a few days in Negril. From there I'd like to go to the Blue Mountains and fly out of Kingston. I know this is a lot of driving! But I'm up for it. Is there a bus, shuttle, tour, or any other cheap form of transportation from Negril to this part of the country? Do you have any recommendations for getting to Port Antonio, and then from Port Antonio to Kingston?

Thanks for any tips!

2 Answers Oct 4, 2013 at 8:40 PM
    • Horseback Riding, Negril

by bllynch1 Online Now Mar 19, 2013 at 10:42 PM

What is the name of the company/place that conducts these horseback riding? We will be staying at Couples Swept Away in Negril....about how far from our resort does the horseriding begin and do they offer transportation back & forth from the resorts?

3 Answers Mar 20, 2013 at 3:26 PM
    • Volunteering

by kellie85 Online Now Sep 18, 2012 at 5:47 PM

Hi all,
      I'm going to Breezes Grand in Negril from Jan 10-16, 2013. I was wondering if anyone has information on volunteering in the Negril area, as I'd like to do something off the beaten path while I'm down there. I have activities already planned for the evenings, but my mornings/early afternoons are wide open. Any ideas? Thanks!

8 Answers Nov 30, 2012 at 1:38 AM
    • meganw1972's Profile Photo

single in negril

by meganw1972 Online Now Sep 15, 2012 at 10:32 PM

Taking my friend to Negril to celebrate her wedding. Looking for a place on the beach to stay that isn't all family or elderly, and where we can have fun without it being mardi gras or clothing optional.

Any recommendations?

7 Answers Jun 8, 2013 at 11:11 AM
    • RhondaS's Profile Photo

All Inclusive Help.. Sandals..Beaches..or Riu?

by RhondaS Online Now Sep 1, 2012 at 12:30 PM

I am planning a vacation from my mother and I for February 2013. As she is a bit nervous about traveling to Jamaica, we are opting for an all inclusive. Does anyone have any accurate information in comparing All Inclusives in Negril?
      Any help would be so greatly appreciated.

10 Answers Nov 23, 2012 at 4:08 PM
    • Lighthouse Inn in Negril

by ksnflowr Online Now Jun 27, 2012 at 11:44 AM

I just found out the Lighthouse Inn2 is closed in Sept. Is there any other places we can go near the lighthouse that has dinner and a view? Music would be great too. We really want to take in some local music. We will be in Negril Sept.5-12. Thanks.

2 Answers Jul 17, 2012 at 6:18 PM
    • Planning a trip to Negril

by myahluv Online Now Mar 14, 2012 at 5:34 PM

This will be my first trip to Jamaica and I have some questions on some things.
      Im not staying at an all inclusive and was wondering what prices were at local rest. I dont eat seafood so I am talking very simple like burger for lunch and maybe chicken for dinner type of thing. Trying to put a food budget together.

Also, thinking of staying at the Blue Cave Castle. Anyone ever stay there before?

6 Answers Jun 6, 2012 at 7:21 AM
    • Should I go to Negril end of april 2012?

by MMJamaica Online Now Mar 13, 2012 at 10:58 AM

Hello,
      i am now planning my trip to Negil and was wonderig if I'm risking rain by going to Negril end of April (April 22nd-29) because i heard the rainiest month is the month of May and well, im going one week before. What do you all think?

4 Answers May 5, 2012 at 11:58 AM
    • traveling to negril in july

by schlegelpsu Online Now Mar 2, 2012 at 7:26 AM

My wife and i will be in negril in july, and was wondering if there are fees you can pay to use the facilities at an all inclusive resort like sandals, breezes. etc.. thanks

2 Answers Jun 6, 2012 at 8:09 AM
    • Cheap beach rooms

by juniperwest Online Now Jan 25, 2012 at 10:55 AM

Can anyone here tell me the average price for a room on the 7-Mile Beach in Negril?

Is450/week per couple a good price or just an average one? The rooms have 2 double beds, AC, cable and hot water guaranteed, and are right on the beach.

3 Answers Feb 27, 2012 at 7:26 AM
    • Muppie's Profile Photo

Jah B's Cottages

by Muppie Online Now Jan 11, 2012 at 11:03 AM

We will be spending 3 weeks at Jah B's Cottages, arriving Jan 25 2012, from Winnipeg (its freezing here!). We are early sixty-somethings anticipating a get-down local experience, but want to go prepared as much as we can. Does anyone have anything to suggest about (1) electrical adaptors for hairdryers (should I even bring one or is this a waste of time?) (2) any problem plugging in a cell phone? (3)is it better to buy bug lotion and laundry soap, etc. down there, or should we bring it with us? (concerned about travelling "heavy") (4) is Jah B's on the cliff? Hard to find a picture of it from a distance. Looks fabulous though...love the idea of the dogs living under the cottages! Thanks for any replies, One Love Mon...

7 Answers Feb 27, 2012 at 7:21 AM
    • Lt.Obvious's Profile Photo

Xtabi

by Lt.Obvious Online Now Dec 5, 2011 at 10:31 AM

Has anyone seen rooms #7 or #8 at Xtabi?
      These are the Seaside rooms.
      I really want it to be romantic (can you help that in Negril?) because I'm taking someone special with me and who knows I may pop the question.
      Thanks/Respect!
      MK

1 Answer Jan 26, 2012 at 1:46 PM
    • Lt.Obvious's Profile Photo

Tipping

by Lt.Obvious Online Now Dec 5, 2011 at 10:00 AM

This is my first Negril trip in over a decade ('98 was the last time).
      I was wondering about gifts as tips for hotel staff.
      My Daughter,who gets to Negril much more often than I, suggested DVD's.
      I'm fine with that notion I was also wondering about T-shirts or even shirts.

I'm hoping a veteran of Negril can help me out with this question,
      Thank you/Respect!
      Mickey

3 Answers Feb 27, 2012 at 7:24 AM
    • Transport

by Stefanhosein Online Now Nov 14, 2011 at 9:18 AM

Can i take a taxi from Kingston Norman Manley Airport to Montego Bay? and what is the cost

3 Answers Nov 18, 2011 at 6:18 AM
    • Looking for Bram-Taxi driver/Guide

by leonardeverett Online Now Oct 27, 2011 at 12:57 PM

When we were in Negril a couple of years ago, we had a wonderful taxi driver/tour guide named Bram. We will be in Jamaica in November and I would love to contact Bram to meet us and talk to him about providing his excellent services to us again. Thanks for any information.

1 Answer Nov 3, 2011 at 6:09 AM
    • grand pineapple beach resort

by dspower Online Now Aug 23, 2011 at 8:04 AM

Has anyone stayed at this resort? If so, what are your thoughts on it?

Thank you,
      Darren

1 Answer Aug 23, 2011 at 4:46 PM
    • EUR or USD

by denini Online Now May 16, 2011 at 11:11 AM

Hi, first time going to Jamaica. Is it possible to change there somewhere also from EUR or is it better to take USD?? What is better from the exchange rate poinz of view?? Thanks :)

4 Answers Jun 18, 2011 at 7:29 AM
    • Currency

by mpajoow Online Now Apr 12, 2011 at 8:38 AM

Hi:
      First time going to Jamaica and will be staying in Negril, what is the best thing to do, use debit/credit card to get cash in Negril or exchange money in US before we leave? Also any tips on fishing, for fishing from the beach where do you go?

2 Answers Apr 12, 2011 at 8:00 PM
    • Jah b's Negril

by tdotlolita Online Now Jan 31, 2011 at 8:54 AM

Hi, I'm travelling to Negril this Friday and meeting a group of friends there. I'm a single late 20's woman and I'll end up being in Negril for 3 days after my friends leave.

I was thinking of heading to Mobay after my friends leave. Is it safer to stay in Negril? I'll be at Jah B's. How much should I budget (USD) for my fod and drinks?

5 Answers Feb 2, 2011 at 4:52 AM
    • Couples Negil

by TammyLee Online Now Jan 21, 2011 at 10:40 AM

Couples has a strict no tipping policy and I was wondering if that includes gifts for the chambermaids.If not what kinds of gifts would be the most helpful or preferred?

3 Answers Jan 22, 2011 at 3:56 PM
    • safety

by lindyguy Online Now Jan 4, 2011 at 2:22 PM

Never been to Jamaica or Negril but it is next on the list. We are ready to stop going to the big AIs and try some of the local smaller places which will allow us to spread our wings a little. I often see reviews about hitting the night life and the local restaurants, taking a scooter up the hill, it is only a ten minute walk to the town or beach...etc. My question is- is all that really safe?? I also keep hearing..you should never leave the resort..that is why they have so many AIs. I prefer not to do the cab thing all the time and would like to do some biking if feasible.
      Can anyone tell me what really makes sense regarding getting around SAFELY as a couple day and night in the Negril area. If you want to also suggest any quaint romantic type accommodations that are clean and service oriented that would be fine as well.

Thanks

5 Answers Jan 13, 2011 at 11:04 AM
    • negril

by islandgurl5 Online Now Dec 30, 2010 at 8:24 AM

hi i will be arriving in montego bay next tues around 3pm i was wondering what my best approach would be for getting to negril taxi, shuttle? i would need the same service when i leave the following week to get back to the airport

2 Answers Jan 13, 2011 at 7:05 AM