Negril Travel Answers

change location

grand pineapple beach resort

by dspower Online Now Aug 23, 2011 at 8:04 AM

Has anyone stayed at this resort? If so, what are your thoughts on it?

Thank you,
Darren

Quote & Answer
1 Answer
  • Odinnthor's Profile Photo

Re: grand pineapple beach resort

by Odinnthor Online Now Aug 23, 2011 at 4:46 PM

That depends entirely on what you are looking for. With no personal information it is difficult to give tailored advise. (approx age, interests, activities, etc).

However, to answer your question, - no I have not stayed there but I have been to both properties in Negril and in Antigua. As a tour director, I was frequently taken on tours of resort properties, and I will say this. I am first of all not a big fan of AIs (All Inclusives), but the GP is better in my opinion than the regular AI chains like Sandals, Hedonism and Couples. For an AI, it is pretty good.

Understand that there are plenty of folks that prefer AIs, and although many do venture out, - AIs tend to capture you and keep you, and too many people never really venture out of the "compounds" to see the real island life.

Out of the three main areas on the north shore of Jamaica, Ocho Rios, Mo Bay (Montego Bay), Negril is likely the best of all three. It also has a lot of things to do and see, away from an AI, so don't cheat yourself and miss them. Many are flat reluctant to go to dinner elsewhere, as they have already paid for dinner at the resort.

Again, more info would help if you want more information, but the direct answer to the question is, that the GP is a pretty good AI, better than most chains, but there are still better ones.

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines