change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• LehaG's Profile Photo

what to do at day time and night time

Pulau Langkawi Jun 24, 2014 at 6:51 PM

Hey buddies.. I'm going to Langkawi Island for 5 days on weekdays (october) and could you guys please suggest any activities for day time and night time. cheers and thanks in advance.

3 Answers Jun 28, 2014 at 8:35 AM
    • Swimming at the beaches in Langkowi

Pulau Langkawi Jun 6, 2014 at 10:19 PM

Ok, I need a straight answer to this question. We are travelling to Langkowi in July and I want to know if it safe to swim at the resort beaches. Most have beach frontage and lounges that look amazing but I keep getting conflicting answers about murky waters, jellyfish etc. Is it safe to swim or not?????. Do I pack the bathers or not??????
      Concerned

2 Answers Jun 14, 2014 at 6:10 AM
    • what to do in night time??

Pulau Langkawi Jun 2, 2014 at 2:19 AM

me and my fren are going to langkawi on this 10 to 12 june..
      but wat we can do in night time?? cos we are nightlife ppl.. any clubbing???

1 Answer Jun 7, 2014 at 3:11 AM
    • Traveling Solo

Pulau Langkawi Apr 16, 2014 at 5:48 PM

Hello! I'm planning a 3-day trip to Langkawi in a couple of weeks and looking into hotels. I'm planning on doing a couple of day tours to Pulau Payar and the Cable Car, so I want to make sure I stay somewhere where I can easily be picked up, since I will be traveling alone. I'm currently looking at the Aseania or faveHotel. Any suggestions?? Thanks!

~Sarah Stallman

• from Melaka to Cameron Highlands

Pulau Langkawi Mar 17, 2014 at 11:32 PM

On thursday the 17th of april we want to travel from our hotel in Melaka to Tanah Rata (CH).
      I understand this is the best way: taxi - ferry to penang - bus to CH.
      Who do I contact to book this day-trip for us?

Greetings from Belgium,
      Karen

7 Answers May 13, 2014 at 11:11 PM
    • eal to let go for 2 pax at favehotel chenang

Pulau Langkawi Feb 10, 2014 at 3:05 AM

travelers,

i just purchase a deal from mydeal.com.my, but unfortunatelly i was inform by the hotel that the hotel is fully booked on 7-8 Mar14, which i have already bought my flight ticket and no refund at all from both parties. if someone out there is interested can you leave me a message.

1 Answer Feb 10, 2014 at 3:15 AM
    • Town center bus

Alor Setar Feb 8, 2014 at 7:45 AM

Is it possible to get around Alorsetar town center by local bus? Is walking tour possible?

1 Answer Feb 8, 2014 at 4:40 PM
    • weather in august

Pulau Langkawi Jan 27, 2014 at 6:53 AM

I wan to learn about any experience that I will be in a vacation to langkawi at the end of the august. Do you recommend me to travel at that time? please write me your experiences...

2 Answers May 13, 2014 at 11:11 PM
    • dysfunk's Profile Photo

Goodbye 2013, Hello 2014

Pulau Langkawi Dec 27, 2013 at 3:28 AM

Is anyone heading to Langkawi on 30th December 2013? holler!

• lanebpl's Profile Photo

Looking for a trustworthy Car Rental service & local tour guide

Pulau Langkawi Oct 21, 2013 at 1:22 AM

Me and my husband is going for a 3D2N trip to Langkawi. Would like to know if anyone can recommend any trustworthy car rental company and local tour guide during our stay there. Thanks :)

1 Answer May 13, 2014 at 11:11 PM
    • How to plan 3D2N tour in langkawi?

Pulau Langkawi Oct 4, 2013 at 1:56 AM

I am going to langkawi next week 13th to 15th Oct. We booked Tropical Resort as i thought we can go to beach in night time. What are the famous places to cover? how much time it takes? I want to celebrate my husband's birthday there at beach midnight 12.00. just cake cutting.. Do they allow us to beach which is near to tropical resort at that time. The main question is where i can get a birthday cake?

9 Answers Oct 5, 2013 at 2:09 AM
    • Accommodation & Car Rental

Pulau Langkawi Jul 24, 2013 at 10:53 PM

Hi, I will be organizing a holiday trip with my siblings of up to 20 adults and a child on 15th March 2014 for 5 days. We will be there via coach from Larkin to Kuala Perlis. We will be taking Airasia on our way home. This will be my first experience to Langkawi. Any luxury coach to recommend as it would be a long trip there.I have already made reservation though at Simfoni Resort for 2 units of 3 bedroom and 2 units of 2 bedroom. Any good reviews of that resort? Will it be low or high season? Shoud I rent cars in advance due to the large group? Im trying my best to plan ahead of our itinary there. Appreciate all the help that i could get.

3 Answers Oct 28, 2013 at 10:26 AM
    • dmitch1987's Profile Photo

unmissable Langkawi29th July - 2nd Aug 13

Pulau Langkawi Jun 30, 2013 at 8:01 AM

Hi guys I am posting these up in our various honeymoon locations Singapore,KK,KL and Langkawi so if you can help out on any of the others feel free to pop over and answer away.

Myself and partner (wife when travelling) are trying to plan an itinerary and want to find out about the kinda of stuff that isn't in the tour guides (markets festivals etc.) as well as your personal recommendations.

In Langkawi we are staying in the berjaya 29th July - 2nd Aug. Any recommendations for these dates please help out.

We have decided on a Jet Ski Tour (so long as we can find a company that is eco friendly) a mangrove tour and the sky bridge so far. Any recommendations on these)

Cheers and thank-you in advance!

2 Answers Jul 8, 2013 at 8:16 AM
    • Langkawi in September

Pulau Langkawi Jun 25, 2013 at 11:44 AM

Planning to visit Langkawi btw sept 23-27. How is the weather expected?There can be rain but it would be short spans and sunshine inbetween-Correct?Would the sea be rough or risky for island hoping?Is the sky bridge still closed for maintenance?reopen date-any idea??

• BlueLlama's Profile Photo

Getting around (staying at Berjaya)

Pulau Langkawi May 23, 2013 at 10:32 AM

Hi VTers - it's been a while since I've visited the forums, but I know I can count on the expertise here! I'm staying at the Berjaya Langkawi with my other half for the last week in September (should be a quiet time in Langkawi, I think?). Now, while we were sold on the chalet concept, we really aren't big resort people and want to be able to explore the island and eat out independently. My understanding is that the Berjaya is fairly cut off (except for the Oriental Village which doesn't appeal), so we're wondering how would be best to get out and about.

Is cycling feasible, or is this only suitable for short journeys? Would you recommend car hire? My partner owns a scooter in Italy, but I'm not sure how safe renting one of these is in Malaysia? The last one we rented abroad (Uruguay) came with one-size-fits-all helmets which wouldn't have done very much in a crash.

Many thanks in advance!

6 Answers May 29, 2013 at 2:28 PM
    • Fishing in Langkawi

Pulau Langkawi Apr 16, 2013 at 1:13 PM

I will be on Langkawi between 20th and 26th of May.
      I would like to reserve a fishing trip, I’m interested in deep sea fishing and other options.
      Please advise where should I make the booking? thanks a lot
      Patryk

4 Answers Apr 25, 2013 at 11:51 AM
    • Island Hopping from Pantai Cenang, Langkawi, Malaysia

Pulau Langkawi Apr 10, 2013 at 1:50 AM

We booked the Malibest Resort in Langkawi (Pantai Cenang) for a trip in May. I was just wondering, if we are to do island hopping, where do we have to go to book and, is Pantai Cenang far from where the pier/s is/are for the island hopping tour?

5 Answers May 13, 2014 at 11:11 PM
    • Condo or apartment rental for 3 months stay

Pulau Langkawi Jan 2, 2013 at 7:07 AM

We plan to stay 3 or 4 months between Jan - April. We are looking for a 2 bd room condo close to the beach and nightlife areas. Please advise where is a good place to stay and the cost of rental. Thanks you

1 Answer Jan 2, 2013 at 7:55 PM
    • Best Star Beach resort?

Pulau Langkawi Nov 9, 2012 at 10:32 AM

any review for Best Star Beach resort? Ill be in Langkawi this dec 25 and looking for hotel/resort near the beach.

Any other suggestions?

9 Answers Nov 10, 2012 at 8:05 AM
    • Seafood

Pulau Langkawi Nov 6, 2012 at 10:47 PM

Where is the best place to have seafood in langkawi?

7 Answers Feb 25, 2013 at 1:38 AM
    • Advice pls

Pulau Langkawi Nov 6, 2012 at 7:27 AM

Hi, il be traveling to langkawi (after 21years) and would love to know what's new with the island. Pls suggest affordable hotels and fill me in with night markets or any interesting places I should visit.
      I will be in langkawi for 2days (9-10nov) after which I will go to Penang via the ferry.
      Pls advice me on the ferry service from langkawi to Penang.
      Would appreciate much!
      I'm
      Traveling with 3 other family members (all adults)

9 Answers Nov 24, 2013 at 1:57 PM
    • ravienraj's Profile Photo

BIG GROUP PLS suggest the right hotel or villa

Pulau Langkawi Sep 23, 2012 at 8:30 PM

hie guys,

im planning a birthday trip down langkawi,
      itz gona be 12 of us.
      so pls recommend a hotel or chalet or villa we can stay in a group.
      i came accoss this villa del porto in pantai tengah but it is booked
      preferences near to the beach.

buzz me back
      at ravinraj86@gmail.com

date: 25-27 Oct

3 Answers Sep 24, 2012 at 11:24 AM
    • utchie's Profile Photo

Bon Ton or Datai Restaurant

Pulau Langkawi Aug 28, 2012 at 12:17 AM

Looking to indulge for one dinner - thinking of eating at Bon Ton or Datai Restaurant but leaning towards Bon Ton since its nearer and Datai looks really expensive.

Anybody with inputs - other recommended resort - good food, good ambiance - expensive but manageable, budget price is best. :P

And estimate of how much for a good dinner in Bon Ton?

3 Answers Aug 28, 2012 at 5:44 AM
    • utchie's Profile Photo

Good deal Langkawi Package Tours

Pulau Langkawi Aug 27, 2012 at 12:19 AM

Hi VTer!

So we will be in Langkawi this Saturday - Sep 1 to 3. And due to busy schedule, I havent gotten time to research on the top things to do in Langkawi. So far i want to do the following: Mangrove tour, cable car, beaches, snorkeling and get a massage and probably experience an hour of yoga, but dont know how to group the activities per day, how to got to the places and more importantly - how much!?

We are 2 pax, 3D2N, budget tour only. Any suggestions? Or any recommended tour packages?

As always, thanks a lot! :)

23 Answers Sep 4, 2012 at 11:35 PM
    • 5 adults and 1 child (3 years old)

Pulau Langkawi Aug 25, 2012 at 4:25 PM

Hi, we are planning a family vacation to Langkawi in November (1 week before school holidays). I have searched around and there are so many choices. Please advice which resort would be appropriate. Mainly for relaxation and a little shopping. Was thinking of Pantai Cenang and can drive up to Kuah town?

We would be renting a car, mainly want an area with easy access to night spots (husband & bro in law drinks). Was looking at the White Lodge Motel or Asenia?

Please advice... too many choices! Thks!

5 Answers Aug 28, 2012 at 3:20 PM
    • Langkawi tours

Pulau Langkawi Aug 21, 2012 at 10:04 PM

Hi everyone travel expert! I will go Langkawi after visiting Kuala Lumpur in early September. I will travel alone and can anyone of you suggest some good places to visit? I will stay near the airport, say, for 15 min drive only.

Also, how much to pay for the ferry from Langkawi to Malaysia mainland?

And, on Langkawi Island, what kind of transport is better for me?

Thanks for your answers!!!

5 Answers Aug 22, 2012 at 7:55 PM
    • cheekin22's Profile Photo

Langkawi to Koh Lipe

Pulau Langkawi Aug 2, 2012 at 2:12 AM

Greetings,

I bought an air ticket to Langkawi in early of October.
      Unfortunately, I notice the ferry to Koh Lipe only operate from the end of October onwards.

So I think my alternative way to Koh Lipe is to take the ferry from Langkawi to Satun (the name is Tammalang pier?)
      Then from Satun pier travel to Pak Bara to catch the ferry to Koh Lipe.
      (Seem like a long journey - any better alternative?).

Is there any ferry travel directly from Satun to Koh Lipe in October?

May I know how far from the Satun pier to Pak Bara?
      Any public transport to go to Pak Bara from Satun pier and how much?

Many thanks.

3 Answers Aug 8, 2013 at 4:41 PM
    • Langkawi activities

Pulau Langkawi Jul 2, 2012 at 10:01 PM

Hi all,
      I am going to langkawi in mid july with my husband to celebrate my birthday .
      Please kindly suggest any good activities in langkawi. we will stay for 3D2N only.
      My plan is roughly estimate as follows:
      first day
      arrival in langkawi airport at around 2pm , car rental in the airport.
      drive to the hotel
      swimming in hotel and then celebrate in room with a free cake given by the hotel
      then go out for dinner and drive around
      (please suggest where we can go to have a nice and good meal with reasonable price, where we can drive around ? where will have big supermarket or duty free shop for soveniors ?)
      second day
      due to my husband not really enjoy the watersport so ignore the snorkeling activity
      go to hunt for breakfast area/ take in hotel (please suggest any good area and cheap for breakfast), may be walk around the resort as we stay in holiday villa
      go to oriental village, kuah, eagle square, drive up to Gunung Raya( please suggest the sequence on the above area), any night market we can walk around?
      third day
      breakfast in hotel and relax in hotel and then leave hotel head to airport back to penang in the afternoon

Is this a good plan in langkawi trip? If not , please suggest another betterplan for us. Moreover, we will spend one day in penang before leaving malaysia and back to Hong Kong. Anyone can suggest me where will have good food and good area to go around in Penang as we will arrive penang in the afternoon time?

Thx

10 Answers Jul 5, 2012 at 8:42 PM
    • Casa del Mar

Pulau Langkawi Apr 14, 2012 at 9:13 AM

Has anyone had the Indulgence Package at this hotel? Just booked it and hopefully will not regret it wondered if there is any feedback around.

• Melbourne_Dave's Profile Photo

Hire Car Petrol Fueling Options

Pulau Langkawi Feb 18, 2012 at 9:10 PM

I have been reading this forum and find many topics very helpful for tourists.
      I will be visiting Langkawi in March, we are 6 people (3 couples) and we plan to hire a car on arrival.
      We are shedulled to arrive at Langkawi airport at 2025 and have booked accomodation in Kuah.

I have read on this forum that often the hire cars have little to no petrol when you pick them up. We do not want to run out of fuel.

Allowing time for baggage collection and completing the hire formalities, will we be able to purchase fuel at this time of night. I guess around 9pm.

Are there any 24 hour petrol stations near the airport?
      I would appreciate any comments on this subject.
      Thank you.

11 Answers Mar 31, 2012 at 11:12 PM