change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• avs189's Profile Photo

Need travel companion for Denver

Denver Nov 8, 2014 at 1:29 PM

Planning to visit denver around president's day long weekend . Need travel companion for sharing the expenses.

more
    • How should I plan short Colorado Trip

Colorado Nov 5, 2014 at 10:18 PM

Hi,
      I am based in Los Angeles. In third week of December, I will be covering some part of AZ, New Mexico (Tucson, White Sands, Santa Fe, Taos) and planning for further route. I know Trail Ridge Road will be closed irrespective of good or bad weather. Same may be true for Rocky Mountain.
      I am thinking of taking route LA-Tucson-White Sands-Santa Fe-Taos-Colorado part-back to LA after covering on-route places. I have already Zion, Bryce, Moab, Arches/Canyonlands in my past trips. I was going through beautiful places in Colorado and found so many beautiful places, I am getting confused. We will drive rental car. We are not into skiing and long hikes, but mostly interested in scenic, photographic and beautiful places. I have few more questions :-
      1- If White Sands NM is comparable to Great Sands, should I skip whole lower loop of Tucson-White Sands ? any comparison, if anybody been to both places.
      2- Which places will not be accessible, in above mentioned places ? (I hope, I was able to mention best places)
      3- I will leave Santa Fe (or Taos) on 27-Dec morning and have to reach Grand Canyon on evening of 31-Dec. How should I plan these days between both places ?
      4- There are various routes from Santa Fe to Colorado Springs (25 and other one is via Taos-84-64-160-25, other one is via Million Dollar Hwy but out of way). Which route should I take ? I would keep a plan-B route in mind, because weather can be worse on few roads.
      I am facing hard time, how should I plan my days, place to visit and stay between 27-Dec and 31-Dec.
      Please suggest.

more
    • Where in the Animas Valley is this awesome location? (need answers today!)

Durango Nov 5, 2014 at 8:13 AM

I am doing a photoshoot in a few days and I would really really like to figure out where the location of this picture is. I know it is in the Animas Valley, North of Durango, but I just don't know where exactly. If you know where it is, please pin it on a map on mapquest and reply with the URL of the map. Thanks so much for your help! I have my heart set on going to this location to help create a very special memory for a couple.

more
    • travel partner

Colorado Nov 23, 2014 at 9:50 PM

OK i m 30 year old guy, I am studying my PhD in engineering since 3 years and i want to take a road trip this Dec break for 2 weeks. my plans are from Denver-Santa Fe- Flagstaff- Vegas-San Francisco - Portland- Seattle - Vancouver- Calgary - Billing - Wyoming - Denver. I prefer female who can drive as well. Will split everything 60-40. 60% on me.

more
    • Spring Break Trip

Colorado Oct 28, 2014 at 11:10 AM

Hey all.

I'm a college student looking at possibly taking a trip to Colorado over spring break (end of March). I'm not a big skier but really enjoy hiking and similar activities outdoors plus I've never been to Colorado so just seeing the scenery and lifestyle of the state are draws as well. Plus the draw of cheap airfare (cheap is always a plus) and lower traffic are great.

What I'm wondering is if this is advisable for the time of year (the cold doesn't worry me as I'm from MN and used to it)? Are the trails open and/or accessible at this time? If you would recommend it, are there any sights I should definitely try to see or treks I should make? I'm looking at coming into Denver and going from there and will be staying from Tuesday to Sunday. Thanks for your help everyone!

more