change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• Flying to Iquitos from Lima

Peru Dec 2, 2014 at 8:41 AM

Hi,
      I've heard that you can get cheaper tickets (return for around €120) at Lima airport.

Can anyone confirm this?

What's the cheapest way to get return flights?
      I need to fly from Lima to Iquitos and back again next week.

Flight prices are looking to be around €216 - €250 return... which I think is a bit expensive.

Cheers! :-)

more
    • Virgin Vacation

Machu Picchu Dec 3, 2014 at 11:11 AM

any VT mbrs heard/used Virgin Vacation to Lima (cusco,etc)?

more
    • ramblercarol's Profile Photo

how to get from Lima airport to hotel

Peru Dec 4, 2014 at 3:42 AM

two quetsions 1) any reccomendation of hotels, small friendly, central to stay in Lima have two nights.
      2) best and safest way to get from airport to hotel ( am female travelling solo)

more
    • Physical requirement

Machu Picchu Dec 16, 2014 at 4:50 PM

How difficult is it to tour this place? I will be joining a 48 hours land tour while in a SA cruise. I have a lower back & minor knee problem. Should I completely avoid this once in a lifetime tour. I do 30 minutes walks every two days but am not sure if my body can handle such a "steep" climb. Any information, recommendation, feedback will be greatly appreciated.I am determined to visit & see this wonder and didn't mind paying a lot for this tour.
      Also, I hear from others that have been there that the high altitude may also pose a problem particularly for those w/some breathing problem..feedback please. Thank you

more
    • Hiking and camping gear shop in the city of Nazca,Peru

by belyaevat Online Now Sep 4, 2013 at 5:09 PM

Where can I buy a camping gas stove in the city of Nazca,Peru?

1 Answer Sep 9, 2013 at 11:20 AM
    • terminal tepsa bus

by tacier Online Now Jun 29, 2013 at 2:18 AM

what are the possibilities for a waiting area arriving at 3.45 by tepsa bus in nazca and a flight at 8.00 over the nazca lines?

2 Answers Jul 3, 2013 at 6:33 AM
    • swdke's Profile Photo

Nazca Lines: Is Weather A Concern?

by swdke Online Now Jan 10, 2012 at 9:35 AM

I understand to view the Nazca Lines, you fly over in a plane. I know that sometimes, in general, weather can affect tours that involve flying. Is weather a concern for Nazca Lines flights? Will be traveling in early May. Is it better to take a flight in the morning, or afternoon, or does it not matter? Thanks!

3 Answers Jan 11, 2012 at 6:04 PM
    • 9tigers's Profile Photo

from puno what is the best way to get to Nazca line?

by 9tigers Online Now Jun 23, 2011 at 11:17 AM

bus? I know there is no airport really at puno and I think bus is cheaper and safer, how long will it take to get there?

also what is the good company to use for flight over the nazca line?

ty
      Daisy

4 Answers Jun 23, 2011 at 12:24 PM
    • Flight to Nasca

by Tangooo1 Online Now Jun 3, 2011 at 11:10 PM

Hi!
      We plan a roundtrip from Lima to Nasca (landing in Nasca).
      Because the land trip is very long and tiring, we desperately look for flights.
      There are no commercial flights, chartered ones are way too expensive.
      Do you guys know any travel agancies that organize such flights?
      If not directly from Lima, maybe at least from Pisco or Ica?

Thank you for any helpful comment!

Basia

3 Answers Apr 24, 2012 at 3:35 AM
    • Things to do on 01 January in Nazca

by kira11 Online Now Oct 15, 2008 at 10:37 PM

Hi everyone,

I might be in Nazca on 01 January. I found out that many tours don't run or they charge more because it is a public holiday... Therefore, I will probably do the 'regular tours' and the flight over the Lines one day later / or one day before. Is there anything to do in Nazca on 01 Jan., e.g. any markets or is it possible to get to the sand dunes, any place to swim...? I'm not a big fan of museums. Any suggestions? Thanks!

Best regards,
      Kiki

1 Answer Oct 24, 2008 at 5:39 AM
    • Safe airline for Nazca Line flight?

by kira11 Online Now Aug 13, 2008 at 10:36 PM

Hi everyone,

Can anyone recommend a rather safe airline for the Nazca Lines flight? I want to fly from Nazca - just the 30-40min flight over the lines.

There have been quite a few stories about the safety of the planes for the Nazca Lines flight in the last few weeks.

I don't know whether it is true, but I heard that Aerocondor doesn't have a licence for scheduled flights anymore due to safety reasons (they are only allowed to do charter flights). The Nazca Lines flights would be charter flights but I can't reach their website anymore. As far as I know, Aerocondor was considered to be (one of the) safest airlines for the Nazca Lines flight...

Are there any news about AeroCondor? Have they given up the Nazca Lines flight?

Thanks for your replies in advance.

Kiki

4 Answers Sep 12, 2008 at 10:17 AM
    • Daytrip to Pampas Galeras Vicuna NP

by kira11 Online Now Jul 9, 2008 at 3:36 AM

Hi,

I'm interested in doing a daytour from Nazca to the Pampas Galeras National Park to see the vicunas there. I only found one tour operator that offers such a daytour (www.mysteryperu.com), but they don't reply to my e-mails. Some other operators offer mountain bike tours at the Pampas Galeras, but mountain biking's not what I want.

Does anyone know of a tour operator that offers such a tour?

Thank you very much in advance.

Best regards,

Kiki

1 Answer Aug 1, 2008 at 6:11 AM
    • Lima to Nazca to Arequipa

by rjhammer Online Now Mar 31, 2008 at 5:38 PM

Hi all,

I'm planning a trip to Peru in August and I really would like to see the Nazca Lines. Ideally, I'd like to leave from Lima, see the Nazca Lines, and eventually end up in Arequipa, in around 2 days if possible. Does anybody know of tour operators who do this route, or if there's an easy way to arrange it myself?

Thanks a million!
      Becky

3 Answers Jun 15, 2008 at 11:35 PM
    • Natalllya's Profile Photo

Lima to Nasca or Cusco to Nasca

by Natalllya Online Now Mar 18, 2008 at 6:28 PM

Hello everyone,

I will be visiting Lima as well as Cusco. What's an easier (shorter) route, Lime to Nasca or Cusco to Nasca?

Thanks a million!

Natalia

3 Answers Mar 30, 2008 at 5:48 PM
    • Traveling from Nazca to Arequipa

by enodelillo Online Now Mar 8, 2008 at 8:17 PM

Hello:

I am traveling to Peru in 4/2008, and am trouble figuring the safest way to travel between Nazca to Arequipa. Does anyone know of safe and reliable lines that travel between these destinations, or recommend a town or two to stop in en route?

Thanks!

-Trish

2 Answers Mar 9, 2008 at 12:27 AM
    • Peru in April 2008, Need Tips on How to Get Flight Over Nazca Lines

by TravelGirl77 Online Now Oct 28, 2007 at 6:42 AM

Hi, traveling to Peru in April 2008 and wanted to know how best to go about getting a flight over the Nazca lines. I've heard that it's best to book in advance (before leaving U.S.) but I'd like to find a reputable company either way. Have also heard that it's expensive, but it sounds worth it. Would appreciate any advice. Thanks!

7 Answers Dec 11, 2007 at 3:05 AM
    • Bus Nazca - Arequipa - Puno - Cusco

by Margag Online Now Sep 24, 2007 at 1:47 PM

Which bus company is the best and safest on these route? Do you have a schedule and duration?

Are there a lot of tourist who have a problem on this route with the attitude?

1 Answer Sep 25, 2007 at 12:04 AM
    • marc611's Profile Photo

Nazca Flyover

by marc611 Online Now Jul 16, 2007 at 10:27 AM

Does anyone know of a Nazca Flyover which leaves from Lima and returning to Lima without any other stops or transfers.

The closest I can find is a flight from Lima that transfers to another flight over the Nazca Lines followed by a tour and then a return flight to Lima. I would like to find a way just to make the flyover and directly back to Lima airport. Thanks for any advice.

2 Answers Jul 17, 2007 at 2:55 PM
    • endlesstrail's Profile Photo

Sandboarding in Nazca?

by endlesstrail Online Now Mar 26, 2007 at 9:08 AM

Hello.

Is it possible to do Sand boarding in Nazca? So far, I've only read about sandboarding in Ica, although I think I've read that Nazca is very near the Cerro Blanco? Will it be too difficult for beginners?

Otherwise, is there any affordable one way "package" available which brings me from Lima to Ica for Dune buggy rides and then ends in Nazca, all in one day?

Thanks.

5 Answers Mar 30, 2007 at 10:32 PM
    • arequipa to nazca with overflight

by petersdotter1 Online Now May 12, 2006 at 5:28 PM

Can you help us? Visiting Peru in June and July 2006. Saw a Cruzdelsur tour,but it has expired, and we don't seem to be able to book any other. We want to go from Arequipa to Nazca (preferably overnight bus, stay one night in Nazca with a fly-over, and go on to Ica,or Pisco,(?) because going on to Huancayo next. Prefer not to go to Lima only to return via the same route to Huancayo. We don't mind paying for an Arequipa,Nazca,Lima tour and getting off ourselves before reaching Lima. but, all on-line tours seem to be beyond our scope. Has anyone done a similar trip? Mahlalo (Hawaiian for Thank You)

1 Answer May 12, 2006 at 9:25 PM
    • snowboarder74's Profile Photo

Hotel Alegeria or Nido Del Condor?

by snowboarder74 Online Now Apr 17, 2006 at 11:35 AM

I am sure it shouldn't matter since we need the hotel just for a night. However, if given a choice, what would others recommend for an overnight stay in Nazca - Hotel Alegeria or Hotel Nido Del Condor?

From what I could find, both are budget hotels in the same price range. Though I would still like to hear any personal experiences people might have had with either of them.

Thanks in advance.

1 Answer Jul 9, 2008 at 3:25 AM
    • Nazca to Cuzco - taking 14 hr night bus?

by world&7seas Online Now Dec 23, 2005 at 6:11 PM

Hi,
      I am planning to go from Lima to Cuzco via Nazca, to see the lines in January 06. The only viable option I have found until now is taking a bus to Nazca, sleep there, do the overflight, and continue on with the Cruz del Sur 8.pm. service to Cuzco, which takes 14 hours.

Is there any other option?
      Is travelling by night bus dangerous? (I have been living in Brazil, so I am a little worried)

7 Answers Dec 11, 2007 at 3:24 AM
    • altfineart's Profile Photo

Bus schedule for Ormeno Royal from Nazca to Lima

by altfineart Online Now Jun 17, 2005 at 9:56 PM

I am trying to plan my trip in Peru and I can't seem to find an online schedule for the Ormeno Royal Class bus routes. I need to know what time this bus leaves Nazca for Lima. Are there more than one of these buses a day? If so do I have the choice of an early morning bus and an afternoon bus? If anyone knows the time the Ormeno Royal Class bus leaves Nazca for Lima I would greatly appreciate knowing it. Thank you for your help.
      Terry

• altfineart's Profile Photo

Bus schedule for Ormeno Royal from Nazca to Lima

by altfineart Online Now Jun 17, 2005 at 9:17 PM

I am trying to plan my trip in Peru and I can't seem to find an online schedule for the Ormeno Royal Class bus routes. I need to know what time this bus leaves Nazca for Lima. Are there more than one of these buses a day? If so do I have the choice of an early morning bus and an afternoon bus? If anyone knows the time the Ormeno Royal Class bus leaves Nazca for Lima I would greatly appreciate knowing it. Thank you for your help.
      Terry

• Road from Lima to Nazca

by lordnkv Online Now Mar 3, 2005 at 6:31 AM

Hello all

I am looking at renting a car in Lima and driving to Nazca. How is the road between these two cities?

Thanks!

2 Answers May 11, 2005 at 1:56 AM
    • OZDavid's Profile Photo

One day trip from Lima to Nasca?

by OZDavid Online Now Jan 23, 2005 at 8:38 PM

Hi guys, I want to fly over Nasca lines from Lima. Is it possible that I take bus to Nasca from Lima, fly over lines then take bus back to Lima in the same day? How long from Lima to Nasca? Any details for the bus timeable? Thanks a lot, David

2 Answers Dec 23, 2005 at 6:07 PM
    • carloarg02's Profile Photo

Day trip from Cusco?

by carloarg02 Online Now Dec 13, 2004 at 12:36 AM

Hi, I have an extra day in Cusco and I really wanted to see the Nasca lines. I've looked for tours that would go there from Cusco, but all I see is day tours leaving out of Lima for US$200 - yikes! I know the actual scenic flights in Nasca run for about35, but how do I get to Nasca from Cusco? Can I do that in a day? (I know there's 20-hr buses!)

1 Answer Dec 14, 2004 at 8:11 AM
    • Graham_OZ's Profile Photo

La Paz to Nazca Transport

by Graham_OZ Online Now Oct 27, 2004 at 8:33 AM

Hello, I am planning on travelling through Peru / Bolivia next year. We are starting in Lima, doing (what sounds like the standard) tour through Cuzco, Machu Pichu, down to lake titicaca, La Paz and then back to Lima. I am trying to work out if we can fit a visit to Nazca and see the Nazca lines, but the only logical time to do it would be on our journey back to Lima. Does anybody have any information on how to get to Nazca from La Paz? Is there a bus route / flights etc? Or would we have to travel to Lima then travel back down? Any information would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

2 Answers Nov 10, 2004 at 2:18 PM
    • Short stay in Nazca

by exonumia Online Now Oct 26, 2004 at 6:53 PM

We will be in San Martin, Peru on a cruise stop for one day, roughly 8:00 am to 5:00 pm. Would I be able to arrange transport to and from Ica (Nazca) and fly over the lines without missing my ship's departure? I believe the distance is about 50 miles but I do not know the road conditions or the availability of taxis or busses.

1 Answer Oct 27, 2004 at 8:25 AM
    • one day trip from to Nazca to see the lines

by victor_chen Online Now Oct 10, 2004 at 10:46 AM

Hi, I plan to get to Nazca to see Nazca lines in Nov. I will be in Arequipa on Nov 26 and return to Lima on Nov 28. My questions follow: 1) Any flight from Arequipa to Nazca then from Nazca back to Lima? 2) if no to (1), should I take a round trip flight from Lima to Nazca then return to Lima on a same day? Do you know the latest schedule? Thanks all!

2 Answers Oct 15, 2004 at 3:51 PM
    • travelling at Independence day

by janduine Online Now May 21, 2004 at 10:13 PM

I just found out that the 28th of July is Independence Day in Peru. Intending to travel from Nasca to Arequipa with the night bus leaving Nasca on July 28th, gives me two questions: 1) Is there any bus service on July 28th from Nasca to Arequipa; 2) Is it necessary to make reservations (a long time?) in advance (we are a family of six), because maybe more people are travelling in that period

5 Answers Jun 6, 2004 at 8:23 PM
    • flight over the Nasca lines and hotels

by janduine Online Now Mar 9, 2004 at 1:26 PM

We (family of 6) would like to travel by bus from Lima to Nasca, spend the night there, make a flight over the Nasca lines the following morning, visit Chauchillo cemetery, and then take the night bus from Nasca to Arequipa. Which leaves the following questions: 1) What are the ticket prices from Lima to Nasca 2) Can anyone recommend a not to expensive, clean hotel in Nasca; how to contact/reserve; 3) What are the prices for a flight over the Nasca lines and what's the best option to buy a ticket (how to get to the airfield) 4) How to get to Chauchillo (any entrance fees?); 5) Where/when to buy tickets for the bus to Arequipa/prices; 6) any other advice? Thanks in advance for your reply!!! Jan Duine/Netherlands

9 Answers Jun 6, 2004 at 8:25 PM
    • Nazca Paracas

by harrymora Online Now Apr 8, 2003 at 10:14 AM

I would appreciate very much if someone can pass on info about name of places to stay in the area of Nazca - Paracas that aren't too touristic and expensive I'm peruvian but haven't been too this area in a long while Thanks Harry

4 Answers Jun 18, 2008 at 8:15 PM