Nazca Travel Answers

change location
marc611's Profile Photo

Nazca Flyover

by marc611 Online Now Jul 16, 2007 at 10:27 AM

Does anyone know of a Nazca Flyover which leaves from Lima and returning to Lima without any other stops or transfers.

The closest I can find is a flight from Lima that transfers to another flight over the Nazca Lines followed by a tour and then a return flight to Lima. I would like to find a way just to make the flyover and directly back to Lima airport. Thanks for any advice.

Quote & Answer
2 Answers
  • nhoolb's Profile Photo

Re: Nazca Flyover

by nhoolb Online Now Jul 16, 2007 at 11:11 AM

Aerocondor has tours from Lima by airplane.
    From what I've seen they fly from Lima to Ica where you change to a smaller plane to overfly the lines and afterwards board the (larger) plane again back to Lima (from Ica). All done within a full day (leave early morning back late afternoon/early evening). Not really cheap though as I understood.
    Check on and contact:
    www.aerocondor.com.pe
    Else I have a contact in Lima who possibly could be of help.
    The other companies overfly the lines from Ica and/or Nasca but not from Lima.

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • krissyM's Profile Photo

Re: Nazca Flyover

by krissyM Online Now Jul 17, 2007 at 2:55 PM

I did exactly what the guy above suggested a couple of years ago. I didn't have the time to drive to Nazca to fo the fly over so we just took a plane directly from Lima. You fly into the Ica airport (more like a grass hut next to the runway) then get transferred to a smaller plane. You do your flyover then they take you on a tour of the area, usually to Huaccachina. The IS time to go dune-buggying or sand boarding even though the guide was trying to rush us back to the airport. We ended up waiting around the Ica airport for 2 hours waiting to leave.
    The whole thing was fairly pricey, about240 per person for the day. We booked through a tour group we found online (can't rememebr the name now). My suggestion is try to arrange for it well in advance since all the emails back and forth was a lengthy process. They never sent a final confirmation back so we were never quite sure what was going on... The tickets showed up at out hotel so it all worked out in the end. Have fun!

P.S. Make sure you bring some anti-nausea meds for the plane ride over the lines if you tend to get sick. It's a bumpy ride!

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines