Nazareth Travel Answers

change location

Things to do in Nazareth?

by hariyan Online Now Jan 4, 2006 at 1:57 AM

Hello!
I'm staying in Nazareth for 2 months and would like to know is there anything to do in the evenings for a girl?

Quote & Answer
8 Answers
  • Naokico's Profile Photo

RE: Things to do in Nazareth?

by Naokico Online Now Jan 4, 2006 at 5:05 AM

Depends on what you are looking for. If you want to go out to clubs or pubs then your best choice is Haifa, you can also find some nice places to spend your evenings in the near by Kibutzim, but it is not very exciting over there.
    All in all, Tel - Aviv is THE place in Israel to go out in the Evenings.
    Anyway, perhaps the others here know something about Nazareth that I don't.

Welcome to Israel and enjoy your time here!

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • Bregman's Profile Photo

by Bregman Online Now Jan 4, 2006 at 5:07 AM

There are plenty of restaurants in Nazaerth, including one of the best Arabic restaurants in Israel, Dianna. Also, from Nazareth you can easily go to nearby places like Afula, Tveria or even Haifa (less than an hour on bus). Even a trip to Tel-Aviv is about 2:00 hours only.

• FruitLover's Profile Photo

RE: RE: Things to do in Nazareth?

by FruitLover Online Now Jan 4, 2006 at 2:01 PM

Hi Mari,
    As you can easily observe Israelis who are generally active in answering postings to this forum, NOT REALLY KNOW WHAT TO DO IN NAZARETH. And I'm not an exception. They send you to other cities, and I can add Sea of Galilee [half an hour by car].
    I'm sure there are many interesting sights and sites [historical and religous, for sure]IN Nazareth, and YOU are going to teach us about 'our' Nazareth. Deal?
    Avraham

by FruitLover Online Now Jan 4, 2006 at 2:27 PM

About Nazareth, from the net, historical religious pilgrimage:

On March 2000 Pope John Paul II took his pilgrimage to Nazareth, the town of Jesus and Mary. This visit had a personal meaning for the pope.

And it was a jam-packed basilica with thousands of Christians, not all of them Catholic, attending that Mass conducted by the pope in a very, very warm spirit.

Basilica of the Annunciation. That's the spot where many people believe the angel Gabriel came and delivered the message to Mary, the mother of Jesus, that she was to bear Jesus.

by Bregman Online Now Jan 4, 2006 at 11:37 PM

Most of us know about things to do in Nazareth during the day, like visiting the Christian religious sites or visit nearby sites (Zippori, Kana, etc.). Only, she was asking about the nightlife which most of us don't know too much about. Personally, I've only been to restaurants in Nazareth at night time and while I'm sure there are some other nocturnal activities I don't really know anything about them. Anyway, as Haifa is less than a hour from Nazareth this would be probably the best alternative for someone looking for pubs, night clubs or dancing.

by FruitLover Online Now Jan 5, 2006 at 12:29 AM

by Bregman Online Now Jan 5, 2006 at 5:39 AM

One place you might find interesting is "Diwan al Lajun" a multi-cultural center for the performance arts and a cafe-theater. There you can find theater, story telling (multi-language) and music. Their phone number is +972-4-6469413. You can see it at http://www.nazarethboard.org/1/?hp=118 (Hebrew) or http://www.nazarethinfo.org/3/?hp=118 (Arabic). Their e-mail address is diwanellajun@hotmail.com.

Gil

• RE: RE: Things to do in Nazareth?

by hariyan Online Now Jan 5, 2006 at 7:44 AM

Thanks for your answers!! I know it wasn't an easy queston, but I just decided to try if there might be someone who might know... I think I'll find out something, and it seems to be easy to go to the near by cityes. Thanks for your advices!

Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines