Nazaré Travel Answers

change location
liqdstar's Profile Photo

Lodging

by liqdstar Online Now May 30, 2006 at 7:20 PM

Can anyone recommend a good and safe place to stay in Nazare? I read hte other post about finding a place when you arrive, but I am going in August and am concerned that finding a place might be hard at that time.
Thanks

Quote & Answer
6 Answers
  • RE: Lodging

by pel Online Now May 31, 2006 at 9:26 AM

Hi,

I think the thing with Nazaré is that there are few hotels and the majority of people stay in private houses that locals rent. At least, that's my idea on it.

That's probably why you can't seem to find accomodation there through the internet. There are some private houses with contact but the only ones I found are for "country tourism", kind of manor houses, which means they are a bit more expensive and located a bit away from the seaside.

Do you consider this trip a beach only trip or sightseeing?

Cheers,
    Pedro

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • liqdstar's Profile Photo

RE: RE: Lodging

by liqdstar Online Now May 31, 2006 at 1:18 PM

beach only. is there sightseeing there?+

• RE: RE: Lodging

by pel Online Now Jun 1, 2006 at 2:32 AM

Yes, there is sightseeing, but not specifically in Nazaré but around that area.

You'd have to take a car to stroll around.

For a list of hotels in Nazaré you can try this web from the town council:
    http://www.cm-nazare.pt/hoteis.htm

The first 3 are hotels, the second list is for hostels and the last 3 entries are a "manour house"/"farm" and 2 camping sites.

I found another website with hotels and pointing to booking facilities for some of the hotels you can find in Nazaré.
    viajar.clix.pt/com/h.php?hid...

Do you want to go into an hotel or prefer a private house?

Cheers,
    pL

• liqdstar's Profile Photo

by liqdstar Online Now Jun 1, 2006 at 8:50 PM

thank you! I dont really care about hotel or private house. whichever is cheap, safe, and convenient!

• RE: RE: Lodging

by pel Online Now Jun 2, 2006 at 2:28 AM

Regarding sightseeing, there are a couple of monuments and cities around Nazaré. I would at least take a day off to visit "Batalha"'s Monastery. It is impressive and very caractheristic of the portuguese old architecture.

Good luck on the hotels.

• solopes's Profile Photo

by solopes Online Now Jun 3, 2006 at 8:33 AM

Nazaré in August is always overcrowded. If your intention is to swim then be aware that the water in the west coast is very cold (usually 16º to 18º in August). The southern coast (Algarve) is usually above 20º then. If you go to Nazaré you must take some time to travel around - Batalha is a must see, but also Alcobaça and Obidos. I live 20 kms far from Nazaré and wrote some tips that may be useful in all the mentioned places and also Caldas da Rainha, Sao Martinho do Porto, Leiria and more, all less than 30 kms distant from Nazare. The site that was given by pel is indeed the best that i know about lodging in Nazare. If you need local help just ask for it.
    Regards
    Avelino

Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines