Naxos Island Travel Answers

change location

Quad bikes on Naxos

by Elspike Online Now Jun 1, 2012 at 12:47 PM

I last went to Naxos 5 years ago, and am returning next week for my honeymoon! When I was there before, a quad bike was the best way to get around. Is this still the case, or have the cars taken over?

Quote & Answer
2 Answers
  • bakalapoe's Profile Photo

Re: Quad bikes on Naxos

by bakalapoe Online Now Jun 4, 2012 at 7:29 AM

To find the information you are looking for, try
    naxos-greece.net/site/rent_c...
    or
    http://www.naxosrentcar.com/
    Welcome and have a nice time at Naxos

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • mariha2912's Profile Photo

Re: Quad bikes on Naxos

by mariha2912 Online Now Jun 4, 2012 at 1:24 PM

I don't quite get your question, as I guess that what kind of vehicle is suitable depends on what are you comfortable to drive and where exactly you plan to go. Personally I think that a small car is preferable if you decide to head on the mountain, firstly because you need some power to climb the inclines and secondly because some times visiting on late afternoon or even during the day, even if its sunny it's quite cold on the mountain villages, or if it's sunny near the coast line, you may meet some fog and rain uphill. I have often ride a 150cc and a 350 cc quad on Naxos, the 150cc just about made it for example to Apiranthos and then to return from Moutsouna, 350 cc much more comfortable but "heavy" to drive/steer on sharp hairpin turns. No way I managed more than 80 km/hour speed, an average was around 35 km/hour. Note I am talking about carrying around just my self, one person, 2 persons makes things even more difficult. I vote for a car.

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines