Naxos Island Travel Answers

change location

travel alerts

by saramcd Online Now Jun 15, 2011 at 6:23 PM

My husband and I are traveling to Naxos in less than 2 weeks and we are concerned about the financial situation. we are worried the protests could affect the airport/bus/ ferry transfers. does anyone have any input on our concerns. i am sure once we are on the island, staying with family we will be fine. thanks

Quote & Answer
2 Answers
  • cachaseiro's Profile Photo

Re: travel alerts

by cachaseiro Online Now Jun 15, 2011 at 6:50 PM

Protests in Athens do normally not affect this.
    They tend to be situated among Omonia and Syntagma square and that should not affect you too much.
    Strikes can of course affect you, but tourism is in general a busines that is quick to adapt when these things happen so i do not think you need to worry too much.

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • janetanne's Profile Photo

Re: travel alerts

by janetanne Online Now Jul 17, 2011 at 2:29 AM

I wouldn't be too concerned about strikes at this time of the year. Many Greeks have planned their summer holidays for August and the islands are expecting this tourism as it is the only month of the entire year when they are working full force. So, it really is not something that happens now. Of course, there is always a possibility of some sporadic work stoppages but these do not last for long. Come to Naxos and enjoy your holiday. You will forget all your troubles on the beach:):)

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines