Naxos Island Travel Answers

change location
jestevens's Profile Photo

Naxos with Teenagers

by jestevens Online Now May 30, 2011 at 5:08 PM

Hello,

My husband and I are taking our two teen daughters (14 & 16) to Athens, Santorini and Naxos this summer and are looking for suggestions of what we should do. We are an active family (albeit with sometimes lazy teenagers. Below is the basics of what we might do but any advice is welcome!

On Naxos, we are staying for 5 days and nights just South of the main town (within walking distance) on the beach at St George. we are hoping to visit beaches and cute little villages and maybe windsurf.

Thanks everyone.

jennifer

Quote & Answer
3 Answers
  • oriettaIT's Profile Photo

Re: Naxos with Teenagers

by oriettaIT Online Now May 31, 2011 at 12:07 AM

I was in a Hotel at St George beach too three years ago, it is very nice and quieter than the center but really close to it so it is easy to go there at night for dinner.
    At the far end of St George beach, there is a windsurf school where you can either take lessons or rent the equipment.
    if you rent a car for a couple of days you can easily see the main villages and site, you can also use the bus servise as it is reliable and not expensive.
    You can read more in my Naxos page here "Naxos island, the wildest Cyclades" - Naxos Island by oriettaIT I have also some nice restaurants were I really enjoyed dinner.
    Happy travel.

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • jestevens's Profile Photo

by jestevens Online Now May 31, 2011 at 3:25 PM

Wow, this trip report is great, thanks:). I don't use VT much so can you tell me is there a way to search the trip reports for an areas, eg. naxos, santorini, etc?

• oriettaIT's Profile Photo

by oriettaIT Online Now Jun 1, 2011 at 12:09 AM

yes, simply write Naxos Island or Santorini in the search box in the top right of the page and press go, you will get the summary page of every place, from there you can easily find all the travel pages related to it. You can also rate the tips you liked better.
    if you have any question about Naxos don't hesitate to ask, I will be glad to share what I learned.
    Happy travel.

Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines