Naxos Island Travel Answers

change location

ferry to mykonos from naxos

by floridafl2006 Online Now Apr 21, 2009 at 7:41 PM

Hi everyone,
Is there a ferry from naxos /to mykonos?? i couldnt find it on bluestar.is it advisable to book online now? we are traveling on may25th,2009.also need advice on ferry from mykonos to athens and from santorini to naxos.Thanks.

Quote & Answer
3 Answers
  • johngayton's Profile Photo

Re: ferry to mykonos from naxos

by johngayton Online Now Apr 21, 2009 at 8:19 PM

MY question is - how are you getting to Naxos in the first place? If you can get to Naxos then you can get anywhere.

The ferry system is typical Greek chaos and the easiest way to get around is to do it port by port rather than plan in advance. If you are starting from Piraeus go to one of the offices on the dock and get your info from there, or if starting from Naxos then likewise.

In May there's no need for advance bookings if you haven't got a car and you can even get your tickets when you see a ferry arriving at the port.

www.ferries.gr is about the best site to use for timetables.

Don't sweat about the ferries otherwise you wont enjoy your trip!

Relax and enjoy. Have a good trip!

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • brotherleelove's Profile Photo

Re: ferry to mykonos from naxos

by brotherleelove Online Now Apr 21, 2009 at 10:41 PM

To get from Naxos to Mykonos it may be necessary to take the morning ferry to Paros to catch the FlyingCat the rest of the way to Mykonos. But don't worry, there will be a way, and the ferries won't be full then so you can just wait until you're ready to move on to ask at an island ticket agent what might be available then.

• Re: ferry to mykonos from naxos

by floridafl2006 Online Now Apr 22, 2009 at 5:50 AM

Thank you all for valuable info.I am flying from athens to santorini in early morning , so i wont have to purchase ferry tickets at the airport.the hotel in santorini told me that ,i can buy tickets after i reach santorini.I havent booked ferry from santorini to naxos to mykonos and then to athens.as per advice from you all, i will buy tickets there rather than online now.

Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines