Naxos Island Travel Answers

change location
nereid's Profile Photo

Day trip to Delos

by nereid Online Now Jun 17, 2007 at 11:04 PM

Hi. I'll be in Naxos towards the end of September and would like to visit Delos without having to stay in Mykonos. Is it possible to do a day excursion from Naxos to Delos? How about from Paros? If this is possible, how do I go about finding the information?

Quote & Answer
3 Answers
  • Malcolm_Ostermeyer's Profile Photo

Re: Day trip to Delos

by Malcolm_Ostermeyer Online Now Jun 18, 2007 at 2:24 AM

Hi;
    Last time I was there - a couple of year ago, granted - Delos was only open in the mornings. Consequently the little boats to Delos set out from the harbour at Mykonos town quite early in the morning - from about 8.30 to 10.00. This was before any of the ferries from other islands arrived. So, unless things have changed, I think it's more than likely that you will have to spend the night before you go to Delos actually on Mykonos.
    Unless anyone else knows different...!
    Cheers,
    Malcolm

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • xuessium's Profile Photo

by xuessium Online Now Jun 18, 2007 at 8:15 AM

HI!

There are day tours from Naxos to Delos & Mykonos on specific days. I did that just last year! More details on my Naxos page.

• INSULARIUS's Profile Photo

by INSULARIUS Online Now Jun 20, 2007 at 10:34 AM

Naxos is NOT the right island to get to Delos!
    If you want, absolutely, to visit Delos, then the right island is Mykonos!
    You should take into consideration that you will be staying in Naxos towards the end of September and that period is not high season and very few boats are available, even for Naxos! After the second week of September, boat schedules change and fast boats like Highspeed are not anymore available.
    My suggestion: spend, at least, a night at Mykonos, in order next morning to visit Delos.Delos was considered as the Sacred Island of our ancestors and there is a lot to see and to experience on this marvellous island!Please also note that archaelogical places in Greece can only be visited before the sunset.After sunset all visitors should evacuate archaeological places and overnight staying is rigidly prohibited!

Once in Naxos, you should not fail to visit the wonderful temple of Demetra (Ceres)in Gyroulas (near to Sangri village) and the archaeological site of Iria.

Have a nice stay in Naxos!
    NAXOS is the best choice!

Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines