Naxos Island Travel Answers

change location

where to stay?

by konremb Online Now Jul 10, 2005 at 4:43 PM

Hi,
me and my sister plan a trip to Naxos in August.Does anyone have any good suggestions for a cheap studio in St. George area?
And another question is,what kind of tourists would you mostly expect to find there?I mean families,couples/singles,Greeks or foreigners etc.
Would it be too boring for two young women who want to relax and have fun at the same time?(Mykonos is not my style!)

Thanks for any tips you can give me!
Tina

Quote & Answer
2 Answers
  • brotherleelove's Profile Photo

RE: where to stay?

by brotherleelove Online Now Jul 10, 2005 at 6:08 PM

If it's too slow or boring for you be comforted by the fact that just a short ferry ride away is Ios, the Greek Party Island. In August you will find all the nightlife you can handle. If you don't have a reservation you can get a room with one of the locals that meet the boats when they arrive at the dock.

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • kia81's Profile Photo

RE: where to stay?

by kia81 Online Now Jan 19, 2006 at 4:41 AM

Hi!!I have been last August in Naxos and I liked it very much!!!I stayed in Studio Marina, 3/4 km far from St.George beach. They were cheap, clean and very confortable (large bedroom with kitchen corner and bathroom with shower and WC + a nice little garden.) The cost was 40€ a day for the double room (20€ for each person). Search in the web Marina Studios, the owner is called Gerontakis or something like that.
    The tourism in Naxos is various: you can find couples, singles, families and group of frieds. There are many Greeks, more than on other islands. The nightlife is not wild like in Ios or Mykonos and it's different also from Paros and Santorini.
    Here you can find 2 or 3 discos, one of these plays revivals '70/'80. In the Chora there are also two pubs that I suggest you if you like rock: "On the Rocks" where you can choose among a lot of cocktails and there is karaoke twice a week, or "jam" that is a nice pub with rock, alternative and grunge music.
    I suggestNaxos for groups of friends or for people who likes moreover the relax and the beaches. If you want to have a more exciting nightlife but you don't like Mykonos or Ios because they are "too much of everything" I suggest Paros and in particular Nousssa.

have a nice trip!!

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines