Nauru Travel Answers

change location
Yesjoshua's Profile Photo

Visa for Nauru

by Yesjoshua Online Now Oct 30, 2009 at 6:50 PM

Hi all!

I am a spanish traveller planning a trip to the Pacific. Does anyone know how to get a visa for Nauru? is it upon arrival for every nationality? or has to be done always prior to arrival? if so... how??

Thanks a lot in advane for your time and help.

Regards,

Jose

Quote & Answer
7 Answers
  • Odinnthor's Profile Photo

Re: Visa for Nauru

by Odinnthor Online Now Oct 30, 2009 at 11:29 PM

Not a problem Jose. Here is a website that tells you all you need to know.

http://nauru.visahq.com/

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • Odinnthor's Profile Photo

by Odinnthor Online Now Oct 30, 2009 at 11:41 PM

When I checked on the above web address, it appeared to me that if you are a Spanish citizen and living in Spain, you do need a visa for Nauru, and that you would need to apply in person to the nearest Nauru consulate. I don't think there is one in Spain. Here is the dilemma. From what I read, you would then have to travel to the nearest consulate. However I believe there is a way around this. Here are some other sites that give information as well. Let me know if these websites work for you.

worldtravelguide.net/country...

statravel.visaheadquarters.c...

• pedroswift's Profile Photo

by pedroswift Online Now Oct 31, 2009 at 12:29 AM

Take note of the word "sponsor". Although quite a few years ago, I attempted to visit but had to find a "sponsor" on the island. Or get a job on the island. The alternative was arrive en route to somewhere else without paper work and "miss" the onwards flight to Kiribati- too shonky.

• sirgaw's Profile Photo

by sirgaw Online Now Oct 31, 2009 at 3:47 AM

All the revues I've seen on Naura, suggest to me that you may be wise visiting somewhere else. The country is a basket case owing to mismanagement. I used to deal with someone within the Govt of Nauru when they were located here in Melbourne, Australia. Sorry I can't re-tell the stories on an open board like this.

• Yesjoshua's Profile Photo

by Yesjoshua Online Now Nov 6, 2009 at 1:02 PM

Thank you all guys!

I will take a look at those pages.

They answered me from the UK but did not get back to me when I asked if the requirements where only for UK citizens or spanish too as there seems to be a treaty with some countries (UK on of them).

I know the country is not very appealing for turistic purposes but I guess probably that is appealing enough to me.

Thanks!

Best,

Jose

• Re: Visa for Nauru

by limayrose Online Now Feb 5, 2010 at 1:59 AM

I just saw this forum, so I am several months behind. But to help you with this question - email immigration@naurugov.nr this is the office that deals with issuance of visas. unfortunately spanish passport holders do require a visa prior to arrival. There was a couple that came through Nauru for one week on US and Latvia passports just last week 25Jan-01Feb10. They were issued a visa on arrival, paid for it on arrival, etc.
    You will need to send passport details to Nauru Immigration, show outbound ticket, show confirmed hotel booking and pay AUD100. All this can be arranged and Nauru Immigration will usually help out in anyone possible. Email address on Nauru for hotel - menenhotel@cenpac.net.nr. Hope this helps.

• Yesjoshua's Profile Photo

by Yesjoshua Online Now Feb 8, 2010 at 12:47 PM

Thank you,

It is very helpful. The only thing that seems to be unanswered is: will I have a problem arriving there without a visa obtained prior to arrival holding a spanish passport?

do you know where or how can I get it prio to arrival?

Thanks!

Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Popular Nauru Travel Answer Locations