Nationaal Park De Hoge Veluwe Travel Answers

change location
Orientalpearl's Profile Photo

Restaurant De Koperen Kop in the park.

by Orientalpearl Online Now Oct 20, 2004 at 12:31 PM

As said I will visit De Hoge Veluwe this weekend, do you think the restaurant De Koperen Kop is worthwhile to get in? I mean that if it has some special food for me, such a foreign student, to try? Or if it has a nice price, I will consider having lunch there.

Quote & Answer
5 Answers
  • Pavlik_NL's Profile Photo

Re: Restaurant De Koperen Kop in the park.

by Pavlik_NL Online Now Oct 20, 2004 at 11:39 PM

In and around the National Park Hoge Veluwe are some of the best Pancake restuarants you can find in the Netherlands. The Koperen Kop also serves this deliscious treat, but I'ld recommend the ones near the exit at Schaarsbergen-Arnhem. Best regards and have a great time in the nature, Paul

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • ATLC's Profile Photo

Re: Restaurant De Koperen Kop in the park.

by ATLC Online Now Oct 21, 2004 at 12:30 AM

I agree. Pancake = pannenkoek in Dutch. It's as big as your plate and can be either savoury (almost like a pizza) and sweet (with fruits and icecream).

• Orientalpearl's Profile Photo

Re: Re: Restaurant De Koperen Kop in the park.

by Orientalpearl Online Now Oct 21, 2004 at 12:50 AM

I will enter the park from the entrance of Schaarsbergen, so probably I will not have lunch at this area, I hope there is one in the center.

• Pavlik_NL's Profile Photo

by Pavlik_NL Online Now Oct 21, 2004 at 1:00 AM

Well, just a question. Are you entering by a rental car or are you travelling in a groups excursion? In the first option, you can easily park near the entrance (or when leaving as exit) and eat pancakes at "pannekoeken restaurant Den Strooper". This one is just a 150 meters from the entrance/exit gates of the park at the roundabout in the direction of Arnhem. It's a pitty that this weekend we celebrate our son's third birthday and have to deliver our mother (in law) at Duesseldorf airport. Otherwise we could have meet and show you around a bit. Greetings and be very welcome on the "Veluwe" Paul

• Orientalpearl's Profile Photo

by Orientalpearl Online Now Oct 21, 2004 at 1:41 AM

Thanks for your good suggestion, I will have this piece of pancake when exiting.

Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Near Nationaal Park De Hoge Veluwe