Nationaal Park De Hoge Veluwe Travel Answers

change location
Orientalpearl's Profile Photo

How to go Nationaal Park De Hoge Veluwe by bus from Arnhem?

by Orientalpearl Online Now Oct 19, 2004 at 2:51 PM

I will arrive Arnhem on this Saturday morning by train and hope to go Nationaal Park De Hoge Veluwe by bus, someone please tell me where is the nearest bus station beside train station to the national park? How much will it take to arrive the entrance of the park by bus? Thank you very much!

Quote & Answer
8 Answers
  • ATLC's Profile Photo

Re: How to go Nationaal Park De Hoge Veluwe by bus from Arnhem?

by ATLC Online Now Oct 19, 2004 at 3:09 PM

Hi, there are 3 entrances. best to take the train on to Apeldoorn (where are you coming from if you arrive in Arnhem?) Maybe you can go directly to Apeldoorn train station from your departure location. Then (copied from website): Public Transport Buses run from the railways stations in Ede and Apeldoorn. For more information call Public Transport Travel Information in The Netherlands on 0900 - 92 92 (€ 0.50/min). http://www.hogeveluwe.nl (also in English)

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • Orientalpearl's Profile Photo

Re: How to go Nationaal Park De Hoge Veluwe by bus from Arnhem?

by Orientalpearl Online Now Oct 19, 2004 at 3:21 PM

Unfortunately, I will start my trip from Eindhoven, Arnhem is the nearest city beside the park. It is strange if there isn't bus to De Hoge Veluwe from Arnhem because I think this city is bigger than Ede and even closer to the park.

• OlafS's Profile Photo

Re: Re: How to go Nationaal Park De Hoge Veluwe by bus from Arnhem?

by OlafS Online Now Oct 19, 2004 at 11:57 PM

For some reason the Dutch part of their website gives more information than the English version. In Arnhem take Connexxion line 107 to Harderwijk. Get out in Otterlo, then walk the ca. 1km to the entrance of the park or take bus 110.

• OlafS's Profile Photo

by OlafS Online Now Oct 20, 2004 at 12:12 AM

The public transport information website gives the following usefull information; The bus in Arnhem departs in the Bouriciusstraat, which is somewhere behind the trainstation. It should be a three minute walk to get there. Your train should arrive at .09 or .39. The bus leaves at ca. .20 minutes after the hour, every hour. The ride itself takes ca. 20 minutes. Ask the driver which stop is closest to the park.

• PeteNL's Profile Photo

by PeteNL Online Now Oct 20, 2004 at 12:25 AM

Hi, you don't even have to get off in Otterloo. You can take the bus mentioned by Olaf or citybus nr. 2 to Deelen (also leaving from the north entrance of the station, Sonsbeekweg) and get off at busstop "Koningsweg". From there it's a 5-10 min walk to the entrance of the park, where you can get abicycle (for free) to discover the park. Have a nice trip, P.

• Orientalpearl's Profile Photo

Thank all of you!

by Orientalpearl Online Now Oct 20, 2004 at 12:48 AM

So I know there are some buses leaving from the north entrance of the train station. I hope the buses mentioned by OlafS and PeteNL can stop at Schaarsbergen which is the south entrance of the park, because this can save much time for me.

• PeteNL's Profile Photo

Re: Thank all of you!

by PeteNL Online Now Oct 20, 2004 at 1:45 AM

Yes, the busstop mentioned (Koningsweg) is in Schaarsbergen, so near the south entrance of the park P.

• Re: How to go Nationaal Park De Hoge Veluwe by bus from Arnhem?

by Ailsayy Online Now Apr 9, 2009 at 11:24 AM

I also really want to know it!

Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Near Nationaal Park De Hoge Veluwe