Travel Answers
Nasik

change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• Varkala and rain in October. Or should I choose somewhere else??????

India Jul 1, 2015 at 12:07 PM

I am going on a business trip to Bangalore October 10th till October 15th. My plan is to top the trip with four days on the beach. I was in Varkala 12 years ago and would like to go back there, but I notice the monsoon season is still going on in October and it usually rains 17 days during the month. Of course I do not want to experience bad weather during my four days.

Shall I dare to book Varkala, or should I opt for somewhere else? Northern Kerala or southern Goa?

The flight from Bangalore should not be more than an hour, and the beach should not be more than one hour’s drive from the airport. After last year’s trip to Bangalore I went to Goa but this year I would like to try a different part of the country. In Goa I stayed in Calangute, which I found a bit crowded for my taste, but I really enjoyed the beaches of Sinquerim and Aswem nearby. The place I stay in should not be totally isolated as I travel alone, a couple of restaurants and bars to choose from is a must. I am also more into white sand than golden sand.

Or should I consider the Lakadives???? It looks beautiful there and I loved being in the Seychelles a coulpe of years ago!

BR Lena

more
    • monsoon darjeeling 2 days trip

Darjeeling Jun 26, 2015 at 9:35 PM

my husband and i will be heading towards darjeeling after 2 days. we have planned a small 2 nights stay till we return to siliguri for work. considering the weather what should be our itinery? do we need to book for toy train in advance in the offseason as well? is the weather pleasant or too irritating right now?

more
    • mahak.hira03's Profile Photo

Houseboat stay

Kochi Jun 16, 2015 at 12:44 AM

which route is best for houseboat journey

more
    • mostaque's Profile Photo

Basic Tourist Place

South Andaman Jun 7, 2015 at 11:12 PM

I will like to find a basic non ac or ac shared bath is ok type of place , most popular for backpackers type of place - thanks

coming in tomorrow , June 9 2015

more
    • Rishikesh in August

India 11 hours ago

Hello, I will be travelling in India for 2 weeks starting July 28th. I am planning to travel to Rishikesh for 2-3 days to practice/study yoga. First, I know it is monsoon - is it still worth going? Second, if so, is there an ashram you recommend that I can stay at for only a couple of days? Thank you!

more
    • amitdey's Profile Photo

andaman tour initiary

Union Territory of Andaman and Nicobar Islands Jun 16, 2015 at 8:35 AM

we 4 adult planning to go to andaman this december 1st week...planning to stay 9 days....want a good initiary from expert members...want to do snorkelling and scuba diving..is it necessary to book hotels before going there?....what places should we visit...please help us....thanks to all.

more
    • beckyoctober's Profile Photo

Off the Beaten Track

Srinagar Jun 15, 2015 at 7:58 AM

Hello everyone!

Can anyone reccommend some surprising, unique things to see, do or people to meet in Srinagar?

I'm really interested in the history, real lives of people here and would especially like to hear ideas from people who have traveled there recently.

Thank you in advance everyone,

Becky smiley

more
    • Traveling to goa by 12th june

Goa Jun 11, 2015 at 11:50 PM

going to goa on 12th june.

does any one want to join?

more
    • Overland to Burma

India Jun 11, 2015 at 3:12 AM

I am looking at the logistics of travelling to Burma overland from India through Nepal, Tibet etc.
      I will be flying to India from Sri Lanka (not sure where yet) then travelling India before heading overland to Burma. Then onto Thailand to fly from Bangkok for the next leg of my journey. Any suggestions much appreciated regarding logistics of border crossings, literature, places to see!

more
    • abhinavhere's Profile Photo

Delhi-Ladakh(India) on Motorbike 27th June-14th July 2015 join as Rider or come as Pillion.

Delhi Jun 10, 2015 at 12:57 PM

I am planning a motorbike trip from Delhi to leh/ladakh from 27th June-14th July 2015.If anyone is interested to come with me as rider or sit as pillion(back Seat)is most welcome. It will be a 17Day trip wherein will explore the lakes, High mountain passes, Rivers, Temple,Monasteries and the beautiful landscape around the border areas in the ladakh region of North India. Will be pitching tents in isolation close to mother nature, stay with local family's etc. I have been to the ladakh before and know the terrain well. I Am completely sound with all safety measures to be taken into consideration during the ride to high altitude as I travel raw. Anyone who wants to explore the nomadic land in an adventurous manner can join on the fix dates.

Cheese
      India is beautiful
      Keep Exploring and stay blessed

more
    • is it safe

Manali Jul 5, 2015 at 12:50 AM

Plz tell me tht is it Safe and best to travel in manali in the month of july 20, 2015 with Friends..???

more
    • riding to manali

Ladakh Range Jun 25, 2015 at 9:32 AM

its been a  year and a half post angioplasty for me.i am 55 yrs old and want to ride to a motorcycle to manali, shimla and dharmashala.iam in good health and the angioplasty was successful.i live in Bangalore and have been to shimla soon after my angioplasty .

more
    • AllieK's Profile Photo

Animal Shelters in Delhi

Delhi Jun 23, 2015 at 4:51 AM

Hello all

I will be traveling to India in October and would like to spend 1-2 volunteering at animal shelters in Delhi (walking animals, cleaning, feeding, giving love etc)
      Does anyone have any ideas of places that will welcome foreigners to help out? Or just any shelters you have heard about in general?

I'm in the beginning stages of planning so out for all the advice I can get.

Thank you!

more
    • What is the meaning of Rishikesh ?

Rishikesh Jun 22, 2015 at 11:09 AM

Hi,

I m from Slovenia visiting India for 2 months.

Currently covering south india.
      Visited Varadarajan and Kamashi temple in Kanchipuram.

Want to start my north indian trip from next month.
      Will make Rishikesh as my base

more
    • Any travelling from Chennai to Frankfurt or Chennai to Helsinki on 23rd June 2015 by Lufthansa

Chennai (Madras) Jun 8, 2015 at 10:50 PM

HI,

Any travelling from Chennai to Frankfurt or Chennai to Helsinki on 23rd June 2015 by Lufthansa, my mother will be traveling alone and she would some travel assistance during her travel. If you know any please contact me on bommureddy1983@gmail.com. Your heap is greatly appreciated..

Regards,
      Reddy

more
    • Mahabali to Pondicherry bus

Mamallapuram Jun 8, 2015 at 11:17 AM

Can I get bus starting from Mahabalipuram and going to pondicherry?

more
    • Goa : July 20-25

Goa Jul 1, 2015 at 4:55 PM

Suggestions, places to visit, party, girls

more
    • One Baggage drop at transit location

New Delhi Jun 16, 2015 at 12:22 PM

Hi,
      I am traveling from Germany to Calcutta via New Delhi.
      Layover is just 90 minutes. I have 2 check in baggage. During layover I want to check out one baggage and give it to my relative and then will take the next domestic flight.

- Now when I start from Germany, can airline keep different destination for these baggages?
      - Within 90 minutes, is it possible to get the baggage and provide it to my relative and then to the domestic flight check in in 90 minutes? International to domestic gate...

Let me know if am not clear. Please help.

more
    • Boys trip Goa in Sept

Goa Jun 14, 2015 at 7:02 AM

Hey People! Its a boys trip (around 6-9), for 3 nights from 24th -27th sept, 2015. Which is the beach we should make our home? we are planning to eat, drink, party and do some more of it...and in between meet people, or stray on the beach... its unplanned, but its about having fun.. tnx for your responses...

more
    • bettyp's Profile Photo

3 weeks in India

India 19 hours ago

Hello fellow travelers!
      I am planning a 3 week trip to India in November and will be flying into Kolkata. I want to see Varanasi, Agra, Delhi, and end in Jaipur. However, I would love some recommendations for some off-the-beaten-path places along this route. I am on a budget and am wondering if all of these places are accessible by train/bus? Any and all tips would be greatly appreciated as this is my first solo trip!

more
    • risk for post angioplasty patients to ride to leh

Ladakh Range Jun 24, 2015 at 4:07 AM

My husband is 55 yrs andhas double angioplasty done a year ago. He's an avid motorcycle rider and wants to ride from Manali to Ladakh. How safe is it with a group and taking all precautions like oxygen cylinder , medicines etc.

more
    • MasayuAbdullah's Profile Photo

Taxi fare at Leh India

Leh Jun 21, 2015 at 7:23 PM

Hi, I plan traveling to Leh 11-17Sept 2015, and will travel alone. I will fly Delhi to Leh. I only book hotel via online and plan to arrange the tours only when i arrive Leh. Will it convenient to arrange the tours there like taxi / private jeep to Khardungla Top, Panggong & Nubra Valley. How much a full day car usage estimated cost. Thank you for your assistancesmiley

Regards, Masayu

more
    • What procedure/paper work is necessary for a short holiday to Punjab India?

India Jun 9, 2015 at 9:03 AM

Hi Folks

I am a British citizen with a British passport, and thinking of going on a short holiday to Punjab, India, in about 6 months time.

Would someone be kind enough to advice me on what paper work is required (e.g visa) in order to enable me to have this holiday? And what is the procedure of obtaining the necessary paper work?

Thanks in advance for your responses.

more
    • Which resort should I choose in Kumarakom ?

State of Kerala Jul 3, 2015 at 2:38 AM

Hello,

I am trying to decide between different resorts in Kumarakom for 2 nights stay. This is a quick family trip. Basic focus is on beautiful property and good food. I checked prices of different properties seems like, I can have option to go with Abad Whispering Palms and Backwater Ripples.
      If I check reviews, Abad Whispering Palms have mixed reviews and looks ok. While Backwater Ripples looks dated in comparison to Abad (I checked pictures on Trip Advisor).
      Please help me to decide, which one can I go with. Checking their pictures is not helping me. Local DE and people who stayed there, should be able to give me more insight.

Regards

more
    • Layover and accommodation

Delhi Jun 29, 2015 at 6:40 PM

I am planning to travel on 21st July with my family from Bahrain to Mangalore via Delhi. we will reach 21nd morning 10:10 AM and our flight to Mangalore will be at 8:00AM on 22nd (22 hours layouver) Flight is Airindia and i am Indian. How i will manage the overnight stay? is airindia will provide or i have to mange my own.

more
    • Reach Nasik

by maeagua Online Now Jun 30, 2006 at 3:39 AM

Hello!!
      I'll be arriving in Mumbai airport at 3:00 AM in 11 th October, and I need to get Nasik in the next morning. Could anybody tell me if is possible to get a taxi at 3:00 AM. It's very important... I have got a Yoga Course starting on 11th October.

Thanks every one

2 Answers Jul 4, 2006 at 8:10 AM